What is your ancestry?

Deborah J

Represent my brother!

29cover.386.jpg

B)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/anglosaxons/

I'll met you in the Pub/Rookery with a Beer and a Ale my friend! For you to drink of course (I don't drink anymore), but I will have a root beer or a ginger ale with my Veener-schnitzel and sauerkraut and the banger's and mash on the side!

• 5 years later...

I'm African-American so I assume my ancestry is predominately West African. I don't know what region in West Africa because my ancestors were slaves so that information was lost to history.

Mothers Side: West African, some European, some Native American (either Cherokee or Creek), and possibly some Middle Eastern ancestry. The photo of one of my maternal great-grandfathers reveal a man who looked "Arab" and wore what resembles a yamulka. However his surname was Middleton so it's more likely he was the illegitimate son of a Middle Eastern immigrant rather than an immigrant himself.

Father's side: West African. He and his parents both had dark brown skin. However, two of his brothers had light brown skin so there maybe a European ancestor floating about this gene pool as well.

• 3 years later...

I keep thinking about doing the mail order dna testing but Im a little afraid of what I might find out. Has anyone else done the dna test and got a surprise? I have always wondered if I might be related to some famous person I would hate.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, kipper said:

I keep thinking about doing the mail order dna testing but Im a little afraid of what I might find out. Has anyone else done the dna test and got a surprise? I have always wondered if I might be related to some famous person I would hate.

My mom did it and found out she was Vesuvian....:drumz:

Just kidding, about the Vesuvian part that is. Her's came back pretty much confirming what she already knew however, we believed her Romani branch was originally from Lebanon. Turns out northern India, Sindh region so that was a surprise. So, ethnically she is about 30% Romani (Sindh Indian), and 70% Slovenian.

My dad passed away before DNA testing was available to the public at large though we strongly believe a DNA test would confirm 100% Perogi & Keishka to the bone.

On 1/13/2018 at 4:02 PM, IpMan said:

My mom did it and found out she was Vesuvian....:drumz:

Just kidding, about the Vesuvian part that is. Her's came back pretty much confirming what she already knew however, we believed her Romani branch was originally from Lebanon. Turns out northern India, Sindh region so that was a surprise. So, ethnically she is about 30% Romani (Sindh Indian), and 70% Slovenian.

My dad passed away before DNA testing was available to the public at large though we strongly believe a DNA test would confirm 100% Perogi & Keishka to the bone.

I wonder if you get DNA testing and if it shows you are Jewish if you can immigrate to Israel? I know they have a law there if you are Jewish or part Jewish you can become a legal citizen.

4 hours ago, kipper said:

I wonder if you get DNA testing and if it shows you are Jewish if you can immigrate to Israel? I know they have a law there if you are Jewish or part Jewish you can become a legal citizen.

Since you’re 80% jerk off and 50% douchebag where can you go and gain legal citizenship? 

5 hours ago, kipper said:

Probably not because you have to be of Jewish descent from your mothers side and as DNA is not specific (at least not these particular types) you would be out of luck. However, if you were to pay for a DNA test which only tests your mitochondrial DNA (this only comes from your mother) and it shows Jewish ancestry, you may indeed have a case.

Haifa is beautiful you know. Jerusalem is gorgeous as well but man, there are a shit ton of nutters there. There is actually a type of psychosis which can happen to people who visit the holy land and Jerusalem in particular. They will actually believe they are Jesus, Mohammed, David, or whatever prophet gets your goat. Funky place.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Probably not because you have to be of Jewish descent from your mothers side and as DNA is not specific (at least not these particular types) you would be out of luck. However, if you were to pay for a DNA test which only tests your mitochondrial DNA (this only comes from your mother) and it shows Jewish ancestry, you may indeed have a case.

Haifa is beautiful you know. Jerusalem is gorgeous as well but man, there are a shit ton of nutters there. There is actually a type of psychosis which can happen to people who visit the holy land and Jerusalem in particular. They will actually believe they are Jesus, Mohammed, David, or whatever prophet gets your goat. Funky place.

I would like to go someday just because of all the history. I always wonder if Im part Jewish because I cant pass up a bagel.

Archived