Led Zeppelin Official Release Collectibles

ZEPPHAN

Hate to start a new thread, but I don't see this anywhere. I would like to see what people on the board have for official release collectibles.

Something you would never sell. Here are some of mine;

WEA set of all the 45 singles

All the albums, including 4 ITTOD different covers

A Song writing Legacy promo cd

Baby Come on Home & Travelling Riverside Blues CD Singles

Most of the Original CD's pre digital remix-They have that "music recorede on analog equipment" disclamer

Physical Graffiti-Japan import cd with exact replica of the album-windows and all

HMV Limited edition 4th album. #3157 of 3500. The cool thing about this is the channels are reversed. Example Black Dog starts on the left and Stairway starts with the guitar from the right channel

The box set in LP version

TSRTS VHS with the oversized white plastic case ('84), paper case ('87)

A roughly 5' x 3.5' poster from 1978-still hangs on the wall !

I could go on but you get the idea...

Hate to start a new thread, but I don't see this anywhere. I would like to see what people on the board have for official release collectibles. Here are some of mine.

WEA set of all the 45 singles

All the albums, including 4 ITTOD different covers

A Song writing Legacy promo cd

Baby Come on Home & Travelling Riverside Blues CD Singles

Most of the Original CD's pre digital remix-They have that "music recorede on analog equipment" disclamer

Physical Graffiti-Japan import cd with exact replica of the album-windows and all

HMV Limited edition 4th album. #3157 of 3500. The cool thing about this is the channels are reversed. Example Black Dog starts on the left and Stairway starts with the guitar from the right channel

The box set in LP version

TSRTS VHS with the oversized white plastic case ('84), paper case ('87)

I could go on but you get the idea...

All i have is the musical scores....your collection looks awesome!

All the first pressing LP's, a few imports, and some Japanese release LP's

a bunch on 8-track, and cassette

A few of the original 45's and imports, the Wea NZ Ten Legendary Singles 45's box (so I sort of have them all :P )

all the Japanese LP replica cd's, all the German LP replica cd's

a couple promo posters, old stubbs, and programs

the same VHS in the big box (rented ...and never returned :o .... :P ), VHS w/ the yellow/purple box, the first, and current dvd's...

Box set I and II, Complete Sessions box, Early days, Latter days, Early-Latter combo.

BBC (looking to buy the 200gm vinyl ;) ) HTWWW+ 5.1 version

several other things

and tons more Yardbirds/Page seesions/post Zep stuff.

I'm more into collecting live shows than "stuff" really, but I do have the promo kit from BBC Sessions, a few interview discs, the HTWWW promo disc, The Girl I Love promo disc, a few of the Page/Plant special discs with Zep songs on them. Oh, and I also have TSRTS "Collectors Edition" and the T-shirt that came with it LOL

I'm more into collecting live shows than "stuff" really, but I do have the promo kit from BBC Sessions, a few interview discs, the HTWWW promo disc, The Girl I Love promo disc, a few of the Page/Plant special discs with Zep songs on them. Oh, and I also have TSRTS "Collectors Edition" and the T-shirt that came with it LOL
I collect shows too...and video....but in the days before the net, official stuff was actually easier to find. I strted buying, and have'nt stopped. It's a sickness really. Like I'll probably have the HD version of TSRTS LONG before actually having a HD player. Nowadays shows are too easy to obtain for me to look at them as collecting. From 5 ft away, the just look like a huge pile of cdr's. I used to collect boot LP's....long before cd's.....and had LOTS of them.....sold most. I'm certainly not buying silvers......I'd rather download the show before it gets released from Japan.

I mainly listed most of the stuff w/ WEA on it. W/O, there tons more. ;)

I collect shows too...and video....but in the days before the net, official stuff was actually easier to find. I strted buying, and have'nt stopped. It's a sickness really. Like I'll probably have the HD version of TSRTS LONG before actually having a HD player. Nowadays shows are too easy to obtain for me to look at them as collecting. From 5 ft away, the just look like a huge pile of cdr's. I used to collect boot LP's....long before cd's.....and had LOTS of them.....sold most. I'm certainly not buying silvers......I'd rather download the show before it gets released from Japan.

I mainly listed most of the stuff w/ WEA on it. W/O, there tons more. ;)

Yeah, I didn't want to go there...

Nice stuff stuff you have there. What's an 8 track? Just kidding. I forgot about the cassettes I have. I do have TSRTS on cassette, and yes I also have the collectors ed. LOL

Well, you got me!

Ok, I can't list all the interesting (I think so) items, but just to say I have:

almost 1000 albums and cds

almost 500 singles and cdsingles

about 200 plant albums and cds

about 200 plant singles and cd singles

plus

almost 300 page and jones records and cds (and more than 300 related records / cds: i.e. compilations, covers, tribute etc.)

I don't know about bootlegs but I guess less than 50 (I don't collect them)

Some of them are listed on my discography pages but ... it's not over yet.

Well, you got me!

Ok, I can't list all the interesting (I think so) items, but just to say I have:

almost 1000 albums and cds

almost 500 singles and cdsingles

about 200 plant albums and cds

about 200 plant singles and cd singles

plus

almost 300 page and jones records and cds (and more than 300 related records / cds: i.e. compilations, covers, tribute etc.)

I don't know about bootlegs but I guess less than 50 (I don't collect them)

Some of them are listed on my discography pages but ... it's not over yet.

Nice collection but I was looking for Zep related only.

I've got Outrider, Mean Business, Lucifer's Rising, Deathwish II, Scream for Help, Zooma, Page-Plant collaborations, and just about everything Robert Plant has ever put out including Nine Lives and his latest with Alison Krauss-check out his official website there is a ton of stuff available for download-almost every video he put out and a bunch of television appearences.

Non of this fits what I was looking for. I mean't the Obelisk, a blimp, limited edition official rare releases, and magazines-like the Circus one I have from May 13, 1976

Nice collection but I was looking for Zep related only.

I've got Outrider, Mean Business, Lucifer's Rising, Deathwish II, Scream for Help, Zooma, Page-Plant collaborations, and just about everything Robert Plant has ever put out including Nine Lives and his latest with Alison Krauss-check out his official website there is a ton of stuff available for download-almost every video he put out and a bunch of television appearences.

Non of this fits what I was looking for. I mean't the Obelisk, a blimp, limited edition official rare releases, and magazines-like the Circus one I have from May 13, 1976

Luke The Duke was telling of the Zep only collection of his. Look at his site discography!!!! Once you start collecting foriegn issues of Zep albums as well.......oftentimes the difference being only a change in a couple printed words on the label/jacket.......but the variations are endless!!!!

Just look at his site!!!

Great stuff btw Luke!!!! :notworthy: (if there are any Plant EP's or Honeydrippers 45's you don't have, let me know, I have them all! ;) )

Luke The Duke was telling of the Zep only collection of his. Look at his site discography!!!! Once you start collecting foriegn issues of Zep albums as well.......oftentimes the difference being only a change in a couple printed words on the label/jacket.......but the variations are endless!!!!

Just look at his site!!!

Great stuff btw Luke!!!! :notworthy: (if there are any Plant EP's or Honeydrippers 45's you don't have, let me know, I have them all! ;) )

I was not trying to dig (not the 60's meaning!) him. I did check it out. In fact I have added it to my favorites, and will use it. It is a great resource for info on much of what I would love to have. I like the variations and it's nice to see what others do have.

I just took it as a listing of what's out there as opposed to what he has. If this is what he has it's nice that he paraphrased it! I could never imagine trying to obtain such a collection. He does have all "Official" releases on the site which is what I was looking for. it is a nice gathering of info to say the very least.

I wish I didn't give away my original CDs when i upgraded to the remasters....

I have the first DVD and will get the new DVD

I have all the vinyl. I'm not sure of the pressings except I know houses is a german pressing. The rest I assume are latter US pressings that I enjoy.

between 50-100 live recordings (closer to 50)

I just took it as a listing of what's out there as opposed to what he has. If this is what he has it's nice that he paraphrased it! I could never imagine trying to obtain such a collection. He does have all "Official" releases on the site which is what I was looking for. it is a nice gathering of info to say the very least.

As I wrote, I've most of what I listed on my discography pages.

My site is for reference only, so when you write "opposed to what he has" it's interesting for me: because what it's there is what I know to exist.

[Lots of time and money, it's almost four years that I collect infos :boohoo: ]

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems that your list is of items listed (or that I have). :rolleyes:

[in my personal collection I've all the 6 ITTOD sleeves from US (several pressings), Ger, Jap and ITA ... My HMV box is n 0432 but you mean the CD or the vinyl edition?]

Yeah, it's almost unbelievable to have all those items but - believe me - I know collectors that probably have more and more. :'(

An example over all: do you know about the Samuel Ketenjian book "Worldwide guide to Led Zeppelin 45's" ?? I think there are around 400 singles listed and I know for sure that there are 500 confirmed in existance (!!!). My site is in a mid-way.

You can see the difference from checking the singles from Philippines (book / my site): I never thought there were so many more ... :shifty:

Anyway, I started my site because I was so upset that I didn't find online a good reference, hopefully always available: tons of infos for bootlegs but nothing about official releases :ph34r:

My last and personal word on Zep items: I think that the most interesting (or beautiful) item is the pop-up blimp 1990 edition of the Stairway singles (cd + 7"), I like it it's really amazing :thumbsup:

staUS4424b.jpg

Of course, I'm opened to share infos or to know more about official releases ...

As I wrote, I've most of what I listed on my discography pages.

My last and personal word on Zep items: I think that the most interesting (or beautiful) item is the pop-up blimp 1990 edition of the Stairway singles (cd + 7"), I like it it's really amazing :thumbsup:

staUS4424b.jpg

Of course, I'm opened to share infos or to know more about official releases ...

Now that's what I am talking about :D In my wildest dreams I could never amass such a collection. If I have anything to add to your site, I'll let you know.

All the first pressing LP's, a few imports, and some Japanese release LP's

a bunch on 8-track, and cassette

A few of the original 45's and imports, the Wea NZ Ten Legendary Singles 45's box (so I sort of have them all :P )

all the Japanese LP replica cd's, all the German LP replica cd's

a couple promo posters, old stubbs, and programs

the same VHS in the big box (rented ...and never returned :o .... :P ), VHS w/ the yellow/purple box, the first, and current dvd's...

Box set I and II, Complete Sessions box, Early days, Latter days, Early-Latter combo.

BBC (looking to buy the 200gm vinyl ;) ) HTWWW+ 5.1 version

several other things

and tons more Yardbirds/Page seesions/post Zep stuff.

OK then , You maybe able to help me..... back in 1972 i had Zep 2 on a prerecorded cassette that had a different running order from the LP......... Please can you remind me what the running order was ? Thank you.

OK then , You maybe able to help me..... back in 1972 i had Zep 2 on a prerecorded cassette that had a different running order from the LP......... Please can you remind me what the running order was ? Thank you.

Is this it?

23fa_1.JPG

I also notice "manufactured by Polydor"......something that has only been done twice......for the earliest cassettes, and the earliest cd's. They created both formats and had the world's largest manufacturing plants of both formats in the first years of their production. I worked in the recording dept in Langenhagen, Germany in 87. (Phillips/Dupont Optical-Seimens/Polydor-Polygram/Deutche Grammaphone was the cluster of companies under one umbrella while I was there. At the time they boasted being the first mass producer of the phonograph record, and the inventors/mass producers of both the cassette and the cd.

Couldn't possibly list everything here! I do have over 700 magazines from around the world with Led Zeppelin/solo on the cover and more than 300 posters.

Ok I went back and edited this. How about one or two (or more) items that you treasure and would never sell. With all the members on the board people must have something officially released that you treasure.

I suppose you and LukeTheDuke would not know where to begin to answer that given the size of your collection...

Ok I went back and edited this. How about one or two (or more) items that you treasure and would never sell.

I now presume your referring to items pertaining to their discography (albums, cds, etc).

I have an acetate test pressing of Robert's first solo album, 'Pictures at Eleven'. While it is not the coolest, rarest, or most valuable item in my archive it is a very melancholy

memento resulting from the tragic end of Led Zeppelin.

Edit:

Before the advent of formats other than vinyl records, a type of promo surfaced known as an "acetate". These records were made of a cheaper and lower quality acetate vinyl. They were generally made in excrutiatingly low quantity and often had hand-written labels. Frequently they were only a test pressing to allow the artist, producers and record company executives to hear the recorded work, and thus were called "promo acetate test pressings".

I now presume your referring to items pertaining to their discography (albums, cds, etc).

I have an acetate test pressing of Robert's first solo album, 'Pictures at Eleven'. While it is not the coolest, rarest, or most valuable item in my archive it is a very melancholy

memento resulting from the tragic end of Led Zeppelin.

Yeah, thanks. That's the kind of thing I've been looking for. It's cool, rare, and valuable as far as I am concerned. Nice piece, Thanks.

No, I don't think so. I'd have to check. Perhaps limited to the Japanese market prior to

their '71 & '72 tours?

Well let's just say this one was found in a copy of Zep IV. ;)

and BTW, Zepphan, check the discography on this site.....click on ITTOD, and look at the 7" on the bottom right. Limited Edition "Wearing And Tearing" ....IIRC, made in haste to distribute by hand at Knebworth...and subsequently shelved. I belive the only known copied before last year where in, or came from the hands of Swan Song employees. Some copies were on Ebay earlier this year...they looked identical....and for what the person was asking, he'd have to press shitloads today for them to be cheap enough for him to really make a buck....."if" they were fakes.

I'm mentioning this because I did'nt see it listed under your UK singles on your site. ;)

Archived