1971 Houston or Perhaps Los Angeles

Yupter

Hello! First time poster here

I just received 1971-08-21 Los Angeles and right away realized that it sounded almost exactly like the audio from Houston 1971. When I checked it was exactly the same. Now either the title of the audio that I have is bogus or the Houston one is.

I would just like to know which is which.

If the Houston one is bogus there probably should be a little asterisk (*) saying that it has been "enhanced" I hate being confused like this. :slapface:

On a related note: The other day I put on Earls Court from the 24th and realized it's the same tape as the 18th. My 24th is the SIRA and 18th I believe is Arabesque and Baroque. I still have a little cross referencing to check, but anybody else hear this?

On a related note: The other day I put on Earls Court from the 24th and realized it's the same tape as the 18th. My 24th is the SIRA and 18th I believe is Arabesque and Baroque. I still have a little cross referencing to check, but anybody else hear this?

Man that's strange. Something doesn't sound right there. Literally.

I know what you mean, although my situation occurs with MSG 1973 the 28th and 29th, the versions I have seem to be almost all identical. For example Stairway to Heaven, they're both identical. I don't know what's going on. However, when it gets to Whole Lotta Love and the Crunge part, that becomes totally different.

Man that's strange. Something doesn't sound right there. Literally.

:D That describes me pretty well! Yeah, it's my mistake - I mistakenly assumed my "No Quarter" CD was the digital version of my old vinyl lp "On Stage in Europe 1975" because of the similar track list, but learned that the version I know by heart in my head is actually from the 24th, not the 18th. But, hey, I had an excuse to listen to two GREAT versions of No Quarter, so, it was a pleasant mistake to sort out.

Archived