Sarah Palin Steps Down As Governor Of Alaska

zosodude13

Sarah Palin Steps Down

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Gov. Sarah Palin announced Friday that she will step down as Alaska's chief executive by the end of the month. She will not seek election to a second gubernatorial term in 2010.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is stepping down this month.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is stepping down this month.

Palin, a Republican, was elected governor in 2006. She was tapped as Arizona Sen. John McCain's vice presidential running mate last year.

Palin said she was transferring authority to Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, who will be sworn in at the Governor's Picnic on July 25.

"She thinks she has accomplished goals she has set forward," a source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said. "She sees what a positive influence she has had on people's lives from traveling the country in the last year."

As the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, Palin has been considered one of the front-runners for the GOP nomination in 2012. Her decision not to seek another term as governor is sure to stoke speculation that Palin is seriously eyeing a run for the White House.

In an interview last month with CNN's Wolf Blitzer, Palin said she was unsure about her re-election bid because she needed to focus on her state and her family.

"So, no decision yet on either 2010 or let alone 2012?" Blitzer asked.

"No decision that I'd want to announce today," Palin responded.

Palin catapulted on the national stage last August when McCain, the Republican presidential nominee, chose her as his running mate

As a devout moderate, I still say GOOD FOR ALASKA. What a twit.

Now if only....oh never mind. :lol:

Now with that said, if she runs for Prez in 2012, oh SHIT. Good news there might be, people might finally wise up and say piss on the two-party mess that's been killing us over the years. Vote INDEPENDENT!! B)

As a devout moderate, I still say GOOD FOR ALASKA. What a twit.

Now if only....oh never mind. :lol:

As someone who is 65/35 liberal/independent. I think its a smart move and a dumb move. It sounds like she wasn't running for re-election, so stepping down is a way to get her name out there and accomplish the same idea, just with a bigger splash.

On the other hand, her "executive experience" argument is shot and it will be even easier to attack her "lack of experience."

As someone who is 65/35 liberal/independent. I think its a smart move and a dumb move. It sounds like she wasn't running for re-election, so stepping down is a way to get her name out there and accomplish the same idea, jsts with a bigger splash.

On the other hand, her "executive experience" argument is shot and it will be even easier to attack her "lack of experience."

She's discredited herself in every imaginable way possible. Even if I was a hardcore conservative, I wouldn't vote for her.

Oh, by the way.....

KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

B)

This is the first I've seen of this (sorry, Wimbledon season ;) ).

If she's planning a run in the next presidential election, why step down this prematurely? She may want to focus on her campaign, but it says nothing for her commitment to the people who voted for her. A similar deal is happening here in Louisiana, with Bobby Jindal losing credibility even with his most ardent supporters because he's not here half the time, but busy campaigning in Iowa or wherever instead. :P

She's discredited herself in every imaginable way possible. Even if I was a hardcore conservative, I wouldn't vote for her.

Oh, by the way.....

KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

B)

I can trust a fan of the Motor City Five. And I agree....

She was discrediting herself from the moment her abstinence-only daughter was found to be pregnant. Which was like... the 2nd day people knew who she was

I can trust a fan of the Motor City Five. And I agree....

She was discrediting herself from the moment her abstinence-only daughter was found to be pregnant. Which was like... the 2nd day people knew who she was

Yeah..in her daughter's case, it was "do as I say, not as I screw." :lol:

In an aside, nice to see another MC5 fan. :beer:

This is the first I've seen of this (sorry, Wimbledon season ;) ).

I watched Roddick today. He's looking good, actually having an all-around game AND his deadly serve.

Over or under: Roddick winning one set against Federer?

I hope she runs for President. I liked the fact that she did not abort her down syndrome child like most of the liberal pro-death crowd would have done. That alone makes her a hero in my opinion.

Well, I didn't say she didn't have ANY positive attibutes. Oh yeah, that and she likes hunting and fishing. OK, there's three....

If she runs and wins in 2012, I'll eat my hat. But I'll shit in it first, just to raise the stakes.

Well, I didn't say she didn't have ANY positive attibutes. Oh yeah, that and she likes hunting and fishing. OK, there's three....

If she runs and wins in 2012, I'll eat my hat. But I'll shit in it first, just to raise the stakes.

I'll just be happy if she continues to have a presence in national politics. Palin continues to unite conservatives like no other political figure (well, maybe not the East Coast country club Republicans). And everytime she is attacked by liberals, true conservatives get even more pissed off.

... plus she has a nice butt ;)

I hope she runs for President. I liked the fact that she did not abort her down syndrome child like most of the liberal pro-death crowd would have done. That alone makes her a hero in my opinion.

I would start the abortion debate..... but that=:threadjacked:

as for her running for president.... The GOP is running out of options, as their top picks are compromising themselves or being hypocrites against what they said. There is still a few years till the election... so either your party needs to straighten up, or start finding new talent.

I would start the abortion debate..... but that=:threadjacked:

as for her running for president.... The GOP is running out of options, as their top picks are compromising themselves or being hypocrites against what they said. There is still a few years till the election... so either your party needs to straighten up, or start finding new talent.

You think the GOP are being hypocrites? Don't you watch the news? The Dems have all the power right now and are stepping all over their own dicks as usual. Raising taxes in a recession--- how dumb is that?

Yep, just keep pushing for socialized healthcare and other wacky shit, and don't be surprised if someone like Palin just doesn't end up looking like a way better option.

I loved this little thing in the news this week. Obama's press secretary gets grilled by reporters (Including veteran Helen Thomas) for the phoney way the Obama administration is pre-packaging and manipulating the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpOpKbaoTbg

You think the GOP are being hypocrites?

I seem to remember something about Mark Sanford saying Bill Clinton should be held responsible for committing adultery and lying abut it and he should leave is public office.....

OOPS!

Or Larry Craig, who pushed for a harsher punishment against Barney Frank for a gay prostitution scandal.....

OOPS!

and, if the GOP's position is to keep government out of our lives... then why do they feel the need to make a law that infringe on people's individual rights? (i.e. same-sex marriage and abortion.)

I'd call all those examples of hypocracy.

your move, sir.

I don't think she stepped down because she wants to make a run in 2012. I just think the negative attacks from the press and the people were too much of a burden, and she just didn't want to deal with it anymore.

I think her political career is done. Why would the GOP pick her as a candidate? She doesn't have the goods. She has no expertise or specialty, so a future cabinet position seems unlikely. Obviously Alaskans wouldn't elect her to another position, like congress.

She's done, but what she can do is become a lobbyist or do speeches, and support the GOP while building up her personal wealth for her family, while having limited responsibilities. That's sounds like the better option.

Archived