Here we go again

FullyLedded

This is believable in the sense that AEG Live pobably did ask Led Zep to fill the dates. They are probably the only other act who could fill out those dates afterall. Zeppelin were to the 70s what Jackson was to the 80s afterall.

This isnt gonna happen though. Robert doesnt want to do it and JPJ has new commitments now anyway. AEG have lost alot of money now and need to get it back but they wont get it back thanks to Led Zeppelin. I'm sure AEG have other plans, possibly use the 'This Is It' stage setup for tribute concerts etc.

This is believable in the sense that AEG Live pobably did ask Led Zep to fill the dates. They are probably the only other act who could fill out those dates afterall. Zeppelin were to the 70s what Jackson was to the 80s afterall.

This isnt gonna happen though. Robert doesnt want to do it and JPJ has new commitments now anyway. AEG have lost alot of money now and need to get it back but they wont get it back thanks to Led Zeppelin. I'm sure AEG have other plans, possibly use the 'This Is It' stage setup for tribute concerts etc.

Don't think I'd blame their losing money on Zep :huh:

Don't think I'd blame their losing money on Zep :huh:

Ah I didnt intend to mean that, I meant that they wont be able to use Zeppelin to sort out their troubles and I dont place any blame on the band for that. If anything AEG are very naive to think Led Zep would agree to such a thing.

Maybe in music at the time but not in pop culture at the time. Zeppelin's problem was that they had too focused a fan base. 90% of their fan base was teenage boys.

Really?

That seems kinda hypocritical.

DVDVolume-11.jpg

A pedophile has a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. Lori Maddox was an adolescent. Jimmy may be guilty of poor judgement, and a sweet tooth, but it's not a mental illness. He's had relationships with adult women. Pedophilia is a mental illness.

A pedophile has a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. Lori Maddox was an adolescent. Jimmy may be guilty of poor judgement, and a sweet tooth, but it's not a mental illness. He's had relationships with adult women. Pedophilia is a mental illness.

So if your sister was 14, you'd be cool with her going out with a 28 year old? Not me. Jimmy Page will always be my idol but what he (and a lot of other rock stars) did back then to those teenage groupies was sick. Yes, it was a different time but it was still wrong imo. Also, there's no proof that Michael "slept" with any of these boys. Jimmy did sleep with Lori and probably other teenager groupies. It still doesn't change the fact that he's the coolest MFer to ever pick up a guitar. Jimmy could blow up half the planet and I'd still love him. I just find it funny on here that some people are attacking MJ for unproven accusations when our boy wasn't an angel either. Well maybe one with broken wings. :D

P.S. Where are you playing in your avatar? You look cool with the double-neck. What song are you playing with it?

So if your sister was 14, you'd be cool with her going out with a 28 year old? Not me. Jimmy Page will always be my idol but what he (and a lot of other rock stars) did back then to those teenage groupies was sick. Yes, it was a different time but it was still wrong imo. Also, there's no proof that Michael "slept" with any of these boys. Jimmy did sleep with Lori and probably other teenager groupies. It still doesn't change the fact that he's the coolest MFer to ever pick up a guitar. Jimmy could blow up half the planet and I'd still love him. I just find it funny on here that some people are attacking MJ for unproven accusations when our boy wasn't an angel either. Well maybe one with broken wings. :D

P.S. Where are you playing in your avatar? You look cool with the double-neck. What song are you playing with it?

No, I would not want my 14 years-old sister sleeping with a 28 year-old. Nor did I mean to imply that I believe Michael Jackson had sex with those boys. I was just pointing out the difference between liking inappropriately young groupies and actual clinical pedophilia. One is a matter of choice. The other is not. A pedophile can't stop themself.

The pic is from a block party in Laguna Niguel, Ca a few years back. We were playing The Song Remains the Same. :D

No, I would not want my 14 years-old sister sleeping with a 28 year-old. Nor did I mean to imply that I believe Michael Jackson had sex with those boys. I was just pointing out the difference between liking inappropriately young groupies and actual clinical pedophilia. One is a matter of choice. The other is not. A pedophile can't stop themself.

The pic is from a block party in Laguna Niguel, Ca a few years back. We were playing The Song Remains the Same. :D

Do you have that up on youtube? I'd like to see it.

If the tour was insured, the insurance company will absorb the loss, not AEG.

The tour was insured for only 25 million. That's all they could get given MJ's not touring for over 12 years and his frequent cancellations in the past.

AEG has to refund over 85 million in ticket sales and stands to lose 115 million in potential profits from the tour. AEG is still on the hook for the dates.

The tour was insured for only 25 million. That's all they could get given MJ's not touring for over 12 years and his frequent cancellations in the past.

AEG has to refund over 85 million in ticket sales and stands to lose 115 million in potential profits from the tour. AEG is still on the hook for the dates.

Yikes! I don't blame the underwriter for not fully insuring the dates. Smart business decision.

AEG may well ask the British taxpayers to bail them out! :slapface:

Why not ask for a bail out, they will probably get it :slapface: They should also ask Canada and U.S. as well :slapface: There is plenty of room at the trough :D Sorry waaaaayyyyy off topic.

The saga and speculation of all of this never ceases to end. When will it? Just keeps going round in circles... No wonder, why I have to get away from here every once in a while as much as I like it here. Just the redundantcy I guess.

Archived