Here we go again

FullyLedded

The saga and speculation of all of this never ceases to end. When will it? Just keeps going round in circles... No wonder, why I have to get away from here every once in a while as much as I like it here. Just the redundantcy I guess.

Well, seriously, until August 14th, what else are you going talk about?

40th aniiversary pay-per-view Christmas Special? :lol:

Ev,

You weren't supposed to say anything about that! It's privileged information! Wait til Jimmy finds out about it. Well, you can now forget about receiving one of those extra guitars from him this Christmas that he has in his out of control collection. Sorry!

The tour was insured for only 25 million. That's all they could get given MJ's not touring for over 12 years and his frequent cancellations in the past.

AEG has to refund over 85 million in ticket sales and stands to lose 115 million in potential profits from the tour. AEG is still on the hook for the dates.

I hate it when companies state the Potential loss to try and make the situation worse. If you never had it in the first place, then you didn't lose it. So I don't count the $115M.

If AEG took in $85M for ticket sales, then they +$85M

Now they have to refund ticket sales -85M.

The only loss they have are for labour, web, paper, ads, etc for processing the tickets, which should be covered by the $25M insurance policy.

What about the processing fees charged on tickets? Are they refunded? If not, that should cover a lot (if not all) of the loss for processing of tickets sales.

That's how I see it. Can anybody show me something I'm missing from all of this? I'm not in the entertainment business, so I don't know.

A pedophile has a sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. Lori Maddox was an adolescent. Jimmy may be guilty of poor judgement, and a sweet tooth, but it's not a mental illness. He's had relationships with adult women. Pedophilia is a mental illness.

Being raised myself by a pedophile, I must agree with Evster on this. It seems pubic hair is a no-no to most official pedophiles. In the really old days, people would get married almost as soon as they were able to bear children, probably because it was rare to live to be really old back then. I myself got married and had my first baby at 15, which was so hard that I would never, ever say it was a good idea, but I was still mature enough to be a very good Mom even at such a young age. Teenage-ism simply didn't exist in the olden days. One was either a child, (unable to bear children), or an adult, (able to bear children), which I must admit in certain ways makes a bit more sense to me at times than this in-between stage that everyone is forced to go through nowadays. It just seems simpler to prepare people to be an adult at a certain age, rather than them having all of the years they can pro-create, yet still be considered "children" to me. I think there are probably still some remote tribes left up to this day that don't have teenage-hood either. But I have always thought a bit differently from most people, probably because of the way I was raised. Just my opinion.

About Zep being asked to fill MJ's dates, the part of me that still really wishes that I could have one last chance to see them live really wishes that there were a chance for it to happen. I would find a way to get to the UK for that, as I am sure many other people would. But I really doubt that it will ever happen, unfortunately. The most I am realistically hoping for these days is Jimmy and JPJ coming up with some incredible new music, and somehow getting Robert to add his 2 cents to it. That would be simply awesome in my opinion, to hear what the 3 of them, and Bonham's son, are capable of creating these days. ;)

Being raised myself by a pedophile, I must agree with Evster on this. It seems pubic hair is a no-no to most official pedophiles. In the really old days, people would get married almost as soon as they were able to bear children, probably because it was rare to live to be really old back then. I myself got married and had my first baby at 15, which was so hard that I would never, ever say it was a good idea, but I was still mature enough to be a very good Mom even at such a young age. Teenage-ism simply didn't exist in the olden days. One was either a child, (unable to bear children), or an adult, (able to bear children), which I must admit in certain ways makes a bit more sense to me at times than this in-between stage that everyone is forced to go through nowadays. It just seems simpler to prepare people to be an adult at a certain age, rather than them having all of the years they can pro-create, yet still be considered "children" to me. I think there are probably still some remote tribes left up to this day that don't have teenage-hood either. But I have always thought a bit differently from most people, probably because of the way I was raised. Just my opinion.

About Zep being asked to fill MJ's dates, the part of me that still really wishes that I could have one last chance to see them live really wishes that there were a chance for it to happen. I would find a way to get to the UK for that, as I am sure many other people would. But I really doubt that it will ever happen, unfortunately. The most I am realistically hoping for these days is Jimmy and JPJ coming up with some incredible new music, and somehow getting Robert to add his 2 cents to it. That would be simply awesome in my opinion, to hear what the 3 of them, and Bonham's son, are capable of creating these days. ;)

Just superb.

The band has not given any reason to build a higher level of expectation. That said, they are not is strong denial mode either. I think LZ is the only band that could pull off all 50 dates from a business perspective. My request is this, if you, LZ, can't make the scene, perhaps you can send the footage from the Ahmet. Nobody would bring their cell phones, and they would just rock out.

I don't think you could fill the O2 several times to see a concert film, but maybe twice. Man, I'd love to see/HEAR that in a theater.

As for our tandem topic.. when I'm with the young cousins, I keep the door open. I avoid the appearance of mischief. That is pretty much my standard. When I apply that standard to others, and they fall short it lingers in my mind. I'm old enough to see cycles of violence continue with practically unbroken inertia.

The band has not given any reason to build a higher level of expectation. That said, they are not is strong denial mode either. I think LZ is the only band that could pull off all 50 dates from a business perspective. My request is this, if you, LZ, can't make the scene, perhaps you can send the footage from the Ahmet. Nobody would bring their cell phones, and they would just rock out.

I don't think you could fill the O2 several times to see a concert film, but maybe twice. Man, I'd love to see/HEAR that in a theater.

As for our tandem topic.. when I'm with the young cousins, I keep the door open. I avoid the appearance of mischief. That is pretty much my standard. When I apply that standard to others, and they fall short it lingers in my mind. I'm old enough to see cycles of violence continue with practically unbroken inertia.

Have I missed something? I have to admit, I haven't been around for a quite a few days so maybe something's taken place? How did we get from Robert Plant's 'not interested in a tour' to Michael Jackson's cancelled concerts to LZ filling in. Not in a strong denial mode? Really? Did Robert Plant make a new statement?

.....It's business as usual for this topic...apologies if you were mislead on my part...

"I, PlanetPage, hereby solemnly swear never to speculate on this topic anymore." " :D :D

.........I shall rely on Shock Treatment...... :D :D

It's all fun. Let's enjoy the speculation. Between you and me, I just got a feeling, something is gonna happen one day. I just don't know what.

Reminds me of Lt. Col. Kilgore played by Robert Duvall from the movie 'Apocalypse Now' when he says to Martin Sheen's Capt. Willard- "Some day, this war's gonna end." :)

I too am glad we can speculate all we want. Always excited to see what's around the next corner...

After reading that article from The Sun, I just had to laugh. Robert Plant has said on numerous occasions that his concerns about Led Zeppelin's legacy, besides his respect for John Bonham and his fear of being stereotyped as a hard rock frontman, are mainly why he isn't keen to do another reunion, much less tour.

So naturally AEG intends to call him up and ask him what he thinks about getting back together with the boys to alternate the role of Michael Jackson's replacement with ABBA at the O2 in order to bail out some recording company.

I would love to just watch Robert take that phone call. I see him either reduced to tears because he's laughing so hard or simply hanging up.

Nobody ever mentions this behind Robert's reasoning for not touring again with Led Zeppelin, but I actually think Elvis has a lot to do with it. As I'm sure anybody even remotely familiar with Robert's appreciation for early rock and blues music knows, Elvis was huge influence on Robert, among many other legendary musicians. I think Robert, who met Elvis with Zeppelin a time or two in the 70s, saw, even then, how stuck Elvis was in a parody of himself as some sort of side show attraction. I think, and it's just a theory, that even though Robert's did and continues to admire Elvis, that he told himself way back then, "I'm not going to end up like this." So Robert doing a series of concerts anywhere seems unlikely because it bares too great a similarity to Elvis' run in Las Vegas.

After reading that article from The Sun, I just had to laugh. Robert Plant has said on numerous occasions that his concerns about Led Zeppelin's legacy, besides his respect for John Bonham and his fear of being stereotyped as a hard rock frontman, are mainly why he isn't keen to do another reunion, much less tour.

So naturally AEG intends to call him up and ask him what he thinks about getting back together with the boys to alternate the role of Michael Jackson's replacement with ABBA at the O2 in order to bail out some recording company.

I would love to just watch Robert take that phone call. I see him either reduced to tears because he's laughing so hard or simply hanging up.

Nobody ever mentions this behind Robert's reasoning for not touring again with Led Zeppelin, but I actually think Elvis has a lot to do with it. As I'm sure anybody even remotely familiar with Robert's appreciation for early rock and blues music knows, Elvis was huge influence on Robert, among many other legendary musicians. I think Robert, who met Elvis with Zeppelin a time or two in the 70s, saw, even then, how stuck Elvis was in a parody of himself as some sort of side show attraction. I think, and it's just a theory, that even though Robert's did and continues to admire Elvis, that he told himself way back then, "I'm not going to end up like this." So Robert doing a series of concerts anywhere seems unlikely because it bares too great a similarity to Elvis' run in Las Vegas.

If Page could still play the Elvis medley I bet Robert would be more willing. I'm wondering aloud whether they rehearsed that for the Ahmet. Robert doesn't go "way down inside" till Page hits the echo pedal (a.k.a Tour over Europe slop machine). What if Page had played some clean blues at this point? Would Robert have gone "You've got to let that boy booogie" instead? Page looks slightly surprised to me, as dashes back to the pedal board.

I think your right about that early lesson in what self-parody is and how to set about avoiding it. He (Robert) has done REALLY well with that, hasn't he? Almost Bowie-esque master of successful reinvention.

If Page could still play the Elvis medley I bet Robert would be more willing. I'm wondering aloud whether they rehearsed that for the Ahmet. Robert doesn't go "way down inside" till Page hits the echo pedal (a.k.a Tour over Europe slop machine). What if Page had played some clean blues at this point? Would Robert have gone "You've got to let that boy booogie" instead? Page looks slightly surprised to me, as dashes back to the pedal board.I think your right about that early lesson in what self-parody is and how to set about avoiding it. He (Robert) has done REALLY well with that, hasn't he? Almost Bowie-esque master of successful reinvention.

I think that was Robert saying indirectly to Jimmy "I don't want to go there" if you catch my drift. Not on the first concert anyway. If there would have been more shows, one would assume there would have been more improvisation from the band.

Off topic, but during Kashmir after Robert sings the line "I will return again" he looks directly at Jimmy then turns away quickly whipping his head around as if to say NO! At least that's how i took it. Kind of cool to look back at the show and pick out little clues and the like.

I think you guys read too much into his every single motion.

well, you're not exactly encouraging me to venture a guess why Robert looks right at Jimmy to deliver the "little girl, you need love.. line. ;)

Seems to me too much is being read into a glance in the moment. It's just my opinion, but after months of rehearsals these things would have already been visited. Even if there were the inertia of the band onstage, these guys know how the Earth rotates when they come down from on high. Even if they got a taste at the 02 or what could be, certain still are not so moved as to go all out Zeppelin 2010.

Of course I've been wrong before.

Seems to me too much is being read into a glance in the moment. It's just my opinion, but after months of rehearsals these things would have already been visited. Even if there were the inertia of the band onstage, these guys know how the Earth rotates when they come down from on high. Even if they got a taste at the 02 or what could be, certain still are not so moved as to go all out Zeppelin 2010.

It's been said by Mick Wall , among others, that one of Robert's stipulations for doing the O2 show was "no long solos". Seems to me that would have been the main reason for not going there, not Page's ability or willingness to play that stuff.

Hope you are, but don't think you are. ;)

I think we would all love to see Zeppelin play again like they did in 07 and it would be great to see them do a series of gigs covering more of their music. Play songs they didn't even play 30 years ago. But it's not likely to happen again.

Nobody ever mentions this behind Robert's reasoning for not touring again with Led Zeppelin, but I actually think Elvis has a lot to do with it. ...[Robert] saw, even then, how stuck Elvis was in a parody of himself as some sort of side show attraction. I think, and it's just a theory, that even though Robert's did and continues to admire Elvis, that he told himself way back then, "I'm not going to end up like this."

Plant once said in an early 1980s interview that he saw a show by the late 1950s/early 1960s star Dion ("Runaround Sue," "(They call me) The Wanderer") and was taken aback how the performer's show sounded like it was stuck in a time warp. Plant said this was the main impetus to make him not want to end up being "an oldies act." Too bad for those of us here who wished Planty would have toured with Jonesy & Pagey once in a while to give the fans rememberances of the good ol' hard rock days.

Archived