The right to bear arms

DRUNK08

Is quoting yourself really necessary? You've already posted your two cents. Re-quoting it is just an attempt to get a higher post count.

Idealism rarely gets anybody anywhere. Of course it would be better if nobody had weapons but that will never happen. Ever. Criminals will always have guns no matter how strict regulations are and the citizens need the means to protect themselves.

Is quoting yourself really necessary? You've already posted your two cents. Re-quoting it is just an attempt to get a higher post count.

Idealism rarely gets anybody anywhere. Of course it would be better if nobody had weapons but that will never happen. Ever. Criminals will always have guns no matter how strict regulations are and the citizens need the means to protect themselves.

Because criminals find weapons too easily

Hollywood and their candy-ass political supporters have a total fear of firearms yet they love to play with them in their (mostly) stupid movies and fat asses like Rosey O'Donnell has an armed bodyguard. Isn't she 'special?' <_<

A newbie I'm checking out. The Ruger LCR. I'll wait to see if it comes in .357

58567.jpg

:)

I own several firearms including a handgun. A 9mm S&W.

Why? Because I enjoy shooting and there is nothing, and I mean nothing wrong with responsibly using a firearm. The problem is that too many people watch too many movies with firearms being used to kill other people, and they're so stupid that they can't differentiate fiction from reality. "If I go to school and kill a dozen people today, I'll be immortalized." Give me a fuckin' break. My father taught me how to operate a weapon when I was 9 years old and rule #1 was never point the thing at anyone, even if it's unloaded. Common sense, right? So if any of you tree huggers want to place blame, point the finger at good old Hollywood and set the record straight.

Here ya go!!

Rule #1 - Always treat a firearm as it's loaded!!! :yesnod:

Rule #2 There is never any exception to Rule #1! :hunter:

WTG Danelectro59!!! :yourock:

It makes sense. Anyway in France, nobody has a gun at home, and we don' t have so many criminals

That might be true and if the latter is true, good. However just because a small portion of the French population keeps a gun at home, doesn't necessarily mean that you have a smaller proportion of criminals than anywhere else. Even if you did have a smaller proportion of criminals per populus, it doesn't mean gun ownership had anything to do with it. Criminal amount might not be based on gun ownership. Maybe gun ownership or lack thereof is based on criminal amount or lackthereof. Or the two could be completely unrelated.

What it comes down to, at least for me, though is: Even if what you say is true and the premise you seem to be insinuating is true, what if...on the off-chance one of the small amount of criminals picked your house to perpetrate a crime? Would you rather you and your loved ones be hurt or your intruder? Do you put that much trust in your police force and the criminals and fate that you feel you yourself do not need to prepare for the worst possible scenario? I don't mean to sound paranoid and pessimistic, just realistic. Is it possible?

I'm not saying expect the worst to happen, but just be prepared if it ever did.

• 2 weeks later...

We should have known that this was coming.

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax

form all guns that you h ave or own. It may require fingerprints and a

tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24. This bill will become

public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an

amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that

the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on

it at all.

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage,

http://www.senate.gov/ You can find the bill by doing a search by the

bill number, SB-2099.

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of

this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill If it passes,

gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has started.

Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the

House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is

trying to fly it under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or

Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009.

You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a

clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a cur rent Driver's

License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical

& mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change

or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs

$25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm

and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause

on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be

locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right

to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from

accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in

prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many

options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people

are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your

family pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and

disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a

little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone

realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one t o use against me. HR

45 only makes me/us less safe.

<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

<http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please... copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you

support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have

the right to choose.

We can't let them get away with this, write your reps and senators now!

Firearms, lol.....they were designed for people too lazy and un-elegant to fight a duel.

This is the real thing!

1287559817_l.jpg

I admire your chivalry my man, but in the real world you can't show up at a gun fight with a sword. :D Besides protection I often go to the gun range for the sport of target shooting. :)

There's no time to monkey around when your life may be on the line.

42f06910.jpg

I admire your chivalry my man, but in the real world you can't show up at a gun fight with a sword. :D Besides protection I often go to the gun range for the sport of target shooting. :)

There's no time to monkey around when your life may be on the line.

42f06910.jpg

I get your point of vieuw, still I never needed any weapon to protect me at all in my 41 years of existence. I also use the swords for decoration and sports only.

(The dead person in the middle of the picture was dead already when I got him/her....just in case you wondered, lol)

Just purchased a new springfield semi-auto 9mm, shoots a little low but will make adjustments. Still from 30yds all 16 rounds found their target.

002-3.jpg

An AR-15 asault rifle at 100yds. :D

005-1.jpg

Now this is gun control :P

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords and IEDs?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

How's it going "DRUNK08?" I hope all is well with you. Being a member of the N.R.A. (National Rifle Association), I am a firm believer in baring firearms. My 2-story home is Fort Knox, I own hundreds of firearms since I am a collector and have many of them locked in huge heavy safe. I love to go hunting and to the shooting range, I don't miss my targets very often. Inside 60 yards, I guarantee you that I won't miss what's in front of me. ROCK ON!

I get point of vieuw, still I never needed any weapon to protect me at all in my 41 years of existence.

No offense friend, but that is easy for you to say. Afterall, you live in the Netherlands. When shit gets really hairy you can always fall back on the western European tactic known as surrender.

I however won't.

My RIGHT to bear arms is a sacred responsibility accepted by me for the protection of myself, my family, my community and my nation. What "I need" is a manner to ensure my liberty when all else fails. You may think that you don't need a weapon... until you actually do need one.

But if you aren't willing to use it... then I guess there would be no point anyway.

Just purchased a new springfield semi-auto 9mm, shoots a little low but will make adjustments. Still from 30yds all 16 rounds found their target.

002-3.jpg

An AR-15 asault rifle at 100yds. :D

005-1.jpg

Now this is gun control :P

How's iot going "Dzldoc" A.K.A. Charles? I hope all is well with you. I own a Walther P-38 9MM and a Beretta 9MM with a red laser, I am perfect with both. With the red laser, I don't miss anything in front of me. ROCK ON!

Firearms, lol.....they were designed for people too lazy and un-elegant to fight a duel.

This is the real thing!

1287559817_l.jpg

nice collection of swords reswati!!!

anecdotally yesterday I bought a wakizashi sword.

at this point I am making tsukamaki art. (Tsuka-making=)

This art, like the art of the sword imself is a Kalistenic art.

my fingers are burning!!!

kalistenics are a way to manage the fire element

and this discipline strengthen your body as enlighten your mind.

Squeezing a trigger is not even a sport.

The fire is just inside the gun.

I live in England I have never felt the desire or the need to have a gun. It's something that simply doesn't enter my psyche in the slightest. Seeing as in this country I am very very unlikely to be accosted by some gun wielding maniac I don't feel the need to have to reciprocate.

Those in countries where it's a right to bare arms, all power to you. It's your country. Personally, I would hate to live in a country where gun ownership is considered a necessity or a 'right' just because it was written down in an amendment some 200 odd years ago when the world was a very different place and the whole pioneer spirit was still a major factor.

As to the 'right to bare arms' stuff, well why stop at guns? Why not also the right to bare hand grenades? Home made booby traps in the front garden? Mortars? What about having a machine gun nest on the front porch? An anti tank cannon to the left of your front door? RPG's in the front hallway? Where does it end?

I'm perfectly happy with my 14 inch knife I keep under my bed. I forget it's there most of the time because I haven't had to use it and again, the fact that it is there doesn't even enter my psyche mostly. In fact, I hadn't even thought about it for ages until today.

As far as I know, there is no law here to say you can't keep a large knife or baseball/cricket bat at home. Everyday household items.

Bottom line is this. In England and Wales, the murder rate is at it's LOWEST FOR 20 YEARS:

http://u.tv/News/Murder-rate-at-its-lowest...5d-229d0f5f82ff

Murders were down 17% to just 648 homicides in 2008/2009.

I'm 100% convinced if guns were more easily accessible, the murder rate here would increase significantly.

There were about 15,000 murders in the U.S.A last year. The U.S.A has only around 5 times the population of England and Wales. Nobody can seriously argue that the easier accessibility of, and the far more matter of fact attitude towards, guns in the U.S.A is not a factor in this hugely dis-proportionate murder rate between the two countries.

Britain tightened the hand gun laws after the Dunblane school massacre. We haven't had a similar incident since.

No offense friend, but that is easy for you to say. Afterall, you live in the Netherlands. When shit gets really hairy you can always fall back on the western European tactic known as surrender.

That's a bit over the top Del.

Western Europeans have been fighting bravely for centuries. Either with each other( LOL) or against others.

Bravery wasn't invented by the U.S.A, no matter how much Hollywood likes to portray this. :D

My RIGHT to bear arms is a sacred responsibility accepted by me for the protection of myself, my family, my community and my nation. What "I need" is a manner to ensure my liberty when all else fails. You may think that you don't need a weapon... until you actually do need one.

Since when are guns the only weapon? What about your fists? Are you not confident enough in your own physical ablities that you demand to have extra help? :P

Or does it all boil down to what the other guy you are coming up against is 'likely' to have so that you can balance it out? In that case, if the other guy has a gun then I fully understand your reasoning here and I would be with you. However, in some other countries that 'other guy' isn't likely to be armed with a gun, hence no reason why we need to carry one ourselves.

By the way, this protecting yourself and your family thing. Does it also apply when you are walking down the street or in a shopping mall? Do you arm yourself with a pistol in a holster when you are out shopping, just in case? Crimes are probably more likely to be commited against you and your family when you are outside as they are when you are in your own home. So how does that work? Do people in the U.S have the right to bare a pistol while out shopping or going for a stroll down the road. Are you allowed to carry a pistol in your hand when you go to buy a newspaper, for example?

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

So what? There is little difference between the two in actuality. At the end of the day a 'citizen' is still owned by the government. I recal a million or so American 'citizens' being forced to go and fight in Vietnam and potentially give up their lives because the goverment made them.

Citizens have no more freedom than subjects. In fact, in my lifetime my Queen has never made a million or so 'subjects' give up their way of life and go fight in some overseas war.

I however won't.

But if you aren't willing to use it... then I guess there would be no point anyway.

The only gun I need hangs between my legs :D

And indeed, sometimes avoiding a fight is better that fighting it, for the benefit of both parties. Might somebody want to kill me I will use the first best item availeable to protect me, you can also kill a man with a stone, a screwdriver, bare hands whatever. I feel buying a gun just in case somebody might wanna come to kill you is a a bit too paranoid. As far as the liberty thing goes, how does owning a weapon make a man free.....ever tried fighting an entire army with one gun?

Archived