Best Home Surround Sound Systems

Deborah J

Hello All!

Since you are all music lovers I have a question... I have the Bose 5.1 surround sound speakers and a Yamaha receiver and Sony DVD player in my great room.The ceilings are 20 feet and I did have this professionally installed. Since I listen to music and love to watch movies is there anything I can add to make it sound better?

I have the Bose 3.2.1 in my master bedroom and the ceilings are lower , but it sometimes sounds better that the great room??

Any suggestions?

Hello All!

Since you are all music lovers I have a question... I have the Bose 5.1 surround sound speakers and a Yamaha receiver and Sony DVD player in my great room.The ceilings are 20 feet and I did have this professionally installed. Since I listen to music and love to watch movies is there anything I can add to make it sound better?

I have the Bose 3.2.1 in my master bedroom and the ceilings are lower , but it sometimes sounds better that the great room??

Any suggestions?

Sound's like a nice room to start with. It will depend on what you want to spend on it really, just like gasoline there are basically three level's of equipment. But the first thing is to have a correctly prepared room to put it all in and put it all in the right place.

Now if you want to be bored to death about the detail's you can do some research on THX and or high end home theater's. There's a lot of math and physics behind the construction and strategic placement of each of the component's and be ready for a shock for the cost as the high end stuff can be up there, it would be nothing out of the ordinary for a single speaker to cost $10,000.

Archived