Anyone still get goosebumps...

listening to Stairway to Heaven? I still do. Zep IV was really the first Zep album that I got big into. I copied it onto minidisc from my cousin almost 10 years ago and I listened to it all the time. I try not to listen to STH too much, but when I do hear it it really grabs me. Anyone feel the same way?

I don't listen to it that much just because I don't want to wear it out but when I listen to I am reminded of why that truly is my favourite Zep song. It's an amazing song, and I still get goosebumps.

I don't listen to it that much either but every once in a while, late at night when I'm coming home from work with the road to myself, it will come on the radio and it's pure bliss. Still a stunning piece of work B)

No. LZ a band of my past. I still listen and appreciate what they do but I haven't been blown away that way by anything they've done in a long time. Which was a good thing for me. Once I was able to humanize them, trust me I was a worshipper for a long time, their music made a lot more sense to me. Now when I listen and I catch something I like it's more like "Jimmy just played a cool Otis Rush lick in E" rather than "Hammer of the GODZ baby!".

• 2 weeks later...

I love listening to any Led Zeppelin song on the radio or at home but I have to say that Whole Lotta Love does it for me. There is something so basicly primal and masculine about the song that it is almost orgasmic to me. ( Did I just say that?) :o I guess that would give me goosebumps!

I haven't listened to the studio version in ages, I much prefer all the live versions I have with the added ad-libs and the epic solos at the end of the song! The best is when I'm at a party and I'll chuck on the last few songs of a '77 show. (Achilles, Stairway and then Whole Lotta Love and Rock n Roll.) It's insane when your wasted, hell when your not on anything it's insane! You get Achilles and then Stairway right after.

Every Led Zeppelin, as well as every Robert Plant and Jimmy Page song gives me an emotional kick, every time, i never turn one off or skip one and i cant understand a "Zepp Head" that does.

I'm just truely thankful for all the Joy that the Band and its Members have given me over the past 40 years or so.

My oldest son, who got married 2 weeks ago even had Robert and Alison singing "Stick With Me Baby" as their first dance song and half way through the night "Whole Lotta Love" was played in tribute to me, what an honour and what a wonderful son to have, i feel blessed.

Regards, Danny

I overdosed on Zeppelin songs for so many years that I lost that level. Then after not listening much for a few years and going back to it, it just knocks me on my ass. I had gone so deep into it when I was younger, I knew every nuance. Then for awhile I just knew the songs and didn't probe into the soul of it. Now when I hear any Zeppelin song, I deja vu on those deep things I'd gotten numb to. I totally twig! I spent so long listening to just live stuff that it was a real kick to revisit the studio albums again. The goosebumps are back baby!! In fact they were never gone. It was I who had stepped out of the room for a while. ;)

• 1 month later...

Stairway is a packed song for me. For years I would skip over it, or tune out - it was irritating and overdone. Right away I'm back at a dance in the gym in junior high and either some jack ass is grabbing for my ass, or, maybe even worse, not! (I can't be the only one who remembers this! ;))

But since reconnecting with zeppelin I have had to revisit this one. I got trapped in the car waiting with only IV with me, I gave it a fair listening to and was happy I did.

What a great song by a great band - not my absolute favorite, but definitely worthy of a crop of goose bumps!:D

At night after some wine and with the lights turned out and the music turned up YUP it still gives me goosebumps. :)

It's not my personal favourite Zep song (I don't have one) and I don't overly play it but I have to conceed that it might be just about the most perfect song composition and execution of the rock era. At least I can't think of a better one. Stairway is one of those few songs that really does have everything.

Archived