The Ashes

Reggie29

Its all banter really :rolleyes: I have to big England up and if we do win I will gloat, if we don't then I will fall on my sword and take another 2 years of having it rammed down my throat :D

It's all good mate! ;)

Fancy a colonial teaching English to the Poms, unthinkable! :o

One and a half days to get 522 is doable but it'll take a record run chase to achieve it.

I have my doubts about England's (premature) declaration, they should have batted until at least tea.

Still a lot of Cricket to come until stumps tomorrow and the remaining tests.

Just imagine both sides even going into the fifth test for a decider!

It's all good mate! ;)

Fancy a colonial teaching English to the Poms, unthinkable! :o

One and a half days to get 522 is doable but it'll take a record run chase to achieve it.

I have my doubts about England's (premature) declaration, they should have batted until at least tea.

Still a lot of Cricket to come until stumps tomorrow and the remaining tests.

Just imagine both sides even going into the fifth test for a decider!

My nails will be in shreds if it does go to a decider. My late Dad loved cricket, he would be loving this at the moment, his fave was Bradman, he would eulogise him to me, he got to see him at Lords, even though he loved him he still wanted England to win.

My nails will be in shreds if it does go to a decider. My late Dad loved cricket, he would be loving this at the moment, his fave was Bradman, he would eulogise him to me, he got to see him at Lords, even though he loved him he still wanted England to win.
Leddy,the Don had plenty of fans,no doubt,here and there.You will get that kind of talent by practising hitting a golfball with a cricket stump at a corrigated water-tank wall !.

Anyway,it's the spirit that counts, and good spirit it is.

I never got to see The Don play.

The footage of his last test match in England 1948 when he needed four runs to make his 100 average.

He walked to the crease to a standing ovation (the English team gave him three cheers), faced one ball, through to the keeper.

Second ball, bowled.

The English players were almost willing it to be a no ball!

He walked back to the pavilion to another standing ovation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5pfFAqrsI

:beer: whenever I think of the don, I always picture him practising his timing - with a stump and a golf ball. A real bat and a cricket ball must have seemed enormous after that.

:munchies: anyway, back to today and Australia are 128 for 5, so England half way there now - keep it going lads. :munchies:

Clarke is having a good dig and with his century knock and Haddin's support has given us a chance.

With a bit of luck Clarke and Haddin can bat us out of it.

The Aussies will go for the win but there is always a risk of losing or at least drawing the test.

Well done lads!

1 - nil eh?

10 days to go to round three, bring it on.

:beer: well yes, we've got our noses in front, and Edgbaston next which is traditionally our best ground, but I hope no-one gets complacent because Lord's has been Australia's best ground and we (finally !) won, having not done so in the Ashes since 1934, so anything can happen now.

game on ! :thumbsup:

Well done lads!

1 - nil eh?

Cheers :D and Oh yes.

:beer: well yes, we've got our noses in front, and Edgbaston next which is traditionally our best ground, but I hope no-one gets complacent because Lord's has been Australia's best ground and we (finally !) won, having not done so in the Ashes since 1934, so anything can happen now.

game on ! :thumbsup:

Headingly is also pretty good for us too, I just hope they interview this cricket pundit in Australia as they did last week after the first match, he was so arrogant, he said he could't see how England could take 20 wickets in any of the remaining tests :slapface: , also that he could see it being 4-0...well up yours buddy whoever he was :rolleyes:

Well done lads!

1 - nil eh?

My sentiments exactly Reggie. We'll done to the Poms, we didn't play well enough. It's looking like it'll be a close series like 2005...ah, but with a different result. :unsure:

Don't be surprisd if Warney makes a come back! :o

...especially if England win the next Test. Though I think Johnson can get back into form with the ball and the Aussie batsmen can do the rest, so we won't need him. Mind you, I thought Australia would win 5-0 in 2005, so what would I know :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Ok its still one nil, tomorrow should be interesting with the winging Aussies having to at least get a draw..its all to play for.

Brett Lee will most likely play and I think both Clarkes will too.

As for whinging, it was the head of the English Cricket Board and the Barmy Army who complained about the fans giving it to Ponting not the Aussies.

Freddy's a shot duck so unless Harmison plays the bowling attack isn't as strong.

The pressure is on England to win not Australia as it's not nice when you lose on your home turf.

Bring it on.

:angry: BAH !

this one looks over already , after just one session. Where's the rain when you need it !

Also goes to show how fortune plays a part - if Punter had won the toss, would he have batted ? Maybe - and even if the Aussies went in at lunch at 80 odd for one, that would still be a darn sight better (for England ) than this.

Still a long way to go, after all, the way the ball is moving, it could be the same story for Australial - but it looks like we'll be in for a grand finale at the Oval is my guess.

EDITED for crappy spelling due to massive frustration :angry:

Looks like the pitch is suited more to the bowlers rather than batting.

England will miss Freddy but Harmison is a class act, we shall see.

If we can bat for the rest of the day without loss of wickets for about 100 runs and get a good lead tomorrow it could be over in three days.

Still plenty to do for Australia though and I wouldn't write the Poms off just yet, after all they lead 1 - 0.

What's the weather forecast for the next four days?

102 all out dear me, going to do a web search for Acme raindance kits.

:lol:

It kinda gives me the warm fuzzies though, to know that the Ashes still gets played. I never get into it much, but the world wouldn't be the same without it.

Or is it "them"? :huh:

Archived