TSRTS DVD set packaging inside Collector's Box

drummr

I know a lot of people are disappointed in the packaging used for the Collector's Box Set of TSRTS, however I have a question I was unable to find the answer to in other threads regarding this topic. Is the 2 disc DVD set included in this package the same as the one you would buy separately? What I want to find out is if the DVD comes in a standard DVD case and packaged inside a cardboard slipcase as has been done with other videos that are repackaged in a Deluxe Edition or is the DVD in a completely different case than the one you would buy separately? I ask this because I like the artwork on the standalone DVD (plus the sturdiness of a plastic DVD case), but wouldn't mind getting the extras that come with the Collector's Edition box.

I know a lot of people are disappointed in the packaging used for the Collector's Box Set of TSRTS, however I have a question I was unable to find the answer to in other threads regarding this topic. Is the 2 disc DVD set included in this package the same as the one you would buy separately? What I want to find out is if the DVD comes in a standard DVD case and packaged inside a cardboard slipcase as has been done with other videos that are repackaged in a Deluxe Edition or is the DVD in a completely different case than the one you would buy separately? I ask this because I like the artwork on the standalone DVD (plus the sturdiness of a plastic DVD case), but wouldn't mind getting the extras that come with the Collector's Edition box.

The packaging of the Collector's 2 disc set is different in what's on the regular TSRTS (remastered) DVDs you'd buy separately, as far as I can tell. It is not a standard, more sturdier DVD case, it is cardboard with the clear plastic inside as the disc holders.

Unless you want to sell the thing on eBay for a small profit many moons from now, or you are a complete-ist collector, if I had to do it over, I would have just bought the DVD separately. The extras aren't that impressive at all...

And the damn songs are cut to match the edits in the movie! What were the lads thinking?!!

I did buy the remastered soundtrack, also. It's a little difficult getting the CDs out of the sleeve.

Unless you want to sell the thing on eBay for a small profit many moons from now, or you are a complete-ist collector, if I had to do it over, I would have just bought the DVD separately. The extras aren't that impressive at all.

Absolutely agree with these words above, the packaging on the collectors edition is an appalling disgrace, If I could go back knowing how shitty this is I'd have bought the standard edition instead, I've been holding back on saying this until now, but I don't think it's a great movie at all & there are far better performances from Zep out there, add to the fact that the editing is maybe acceptable on the DVD if they couldn't change it for legal reasons, but to make the CD's the same & omit "Thank You" from both sets is just ridiculous.

It's times like this when I have absolutely no sympathy with artists who complain that downloading is killing music, they've largely brought it upon themselves by releasing substandard products such as this & charging excessively high prices.

Graham

Ive got the standard dvd and am waiting on the collectors box from amazon US.looks an underwhelming package tho,originally touted as containing the soundtrack CD aswell!Considering what Warners have been doing with their mvi series it could have been so much better-the recent Flaming Lips "Ufo's At The Zoo" is a great package with loads of extras plus downloadable mp3s of the whole set at 256kps...all for 8.99GBP!!!!!

Thanks to all your replies and to xZosox for posting the photos of the Collector's set; this is exactly what I wanted to see. B)

no problem. i have to say its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. the t-shirt is pretty nice but ya it is somewhat of a disappointment. personally i feel the soundtrack is way worse, not only does the package feel cheap, the edits are there, but thats another story. if you want any more pics let me know. :D

no problem. i have to say its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. the t-shirt is pretty nice but ya it is somewhat of a disappointment. personally i feel the soundtrack is way worse, not only does the package feel cheap, the edits are there, but thats another story. if you want any more pics let me know. :D

if you could post some pics of the goodies that came with it that would be great!

Archived