Dylan lyric word game thing! I just invented it!

tangerinedream

Just Like Tom Thumb Blues

And I hope that you die

And your death will come soon

I'll follow your casket

In the pale afternoon

I'll watch while you're lowered

Down to your death bed

And I'll stand over your grave

'Til I'm sure that you're dead

Masters of War.

Last one and then I need to leave:

Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the past

I know every scene by heart, they all went by so fast

Hint: after my Zep days, my beloved (now my husband) and I ended up in the city mentioned in this song.

"All Along the Watchtower"

Dylan's main home for many years is located in what city & State ?

Hibbing, Minnesota !!!

On my way to Canada last year, I stayed in Virginia, MN....very near Hibbing. The owner of the small ma & pa B&B was in school with Bob back in the 50s ! He had some tales to tell !!!! YES !

Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the past

I know every scene by heart, they all went by so fast

If you see her, say hello

From one of my favorite albums, Blood on the Tracks. That and Bootleg Series: Live 1966 (the "Judas" concert) are probably the ones dearest to my heart.

I NEED Dylan music. It's an indispensable aspect of my life.

Oh that's RIGHT!

From my hero Patti!

Now about that bone....heh. :hippy:

Hehehehe...in our neck of the woods we childishly refer to doobies as bones....here ya go !

In all our childish resplendence...

731sdio.gif

never become a terminal adult ~ Timothy Leary ( in personal conversation with him, Fall '78 B)

Here's my Dylan collection, besides official stuff......

Bob Dylan, The Minnesota Tapes

Bob Dylan, 1963 CBS Unreleased album

Bob Dylan, 5-7-65, Manchester UK

Bob Dylan, Blonde On Blonde Mono Mix

Bob Dylan, Highay 61 Revisited Again

Bob Dylan, 1-26-66, New York, NY

Bob Dylan, 4-13-66, Sydney Aust.

Bob Dylan, 5-6-66, Belfast Ireland

Bob Dylan, 5-15-66, Leicester England

Bob Dylan, 5-17-66, Manchester England, Free Trade Hall

Bob Dylan, 5-26-66, London England

Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash, 2-17-69, Nashville

Bob Dylan, Weberman Phone Calls, 8-1-71` MSG

Bob Dylan & The Band, 1-31-74, New York

Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks Sessions

Bob Dylan, Songs For Patty Valentine, 1975

Bob Dylan, Rolling Thunder Revue, 10-31-75

Bob Dylan, 12-8-75, Hurricane Carter Benefit

Bob Dylan, 1978 Tour Rehearsals, 4 cds

Bob Dylan, 1978 "Darkness at the Break of Noon"

Bob Dylan, 2-24-78, "Far East Tour"

Bob Dylan, 7-15-78, Blackbushe, England

Bob Dylan, 4-20-80, Toronto CN, Massey Hall

Bob Dylan & Tom Petty, 10-8-87, Brussels

Bob Dylan, 6-29-91, Denmark

Bob Dylan, 4-24-92, Wiakiki

Bob Dylan, 2-16-94, Horoshima Japan

Bob Dlan 1965 Tour Compilation

Bob Dylan, Between Saved & Shot

Bob Dylan & Tom Petty "Place of Broken Dreams"

Bob Dylan, 6-29-95, Oslo, Norway, "Salt For Salt"

Bob Dylan, 6-17-96, Berlin Germany

Bob Dylan, 1-20-98, New York, MSG

Bob Dylan, 11-10-99, New Haven CT

Bob Dylan, 11-11-99, E. Rutherford, NJ

Bob Dylan, 5-8-2000, Stuttgart Germany

Bob Dylan, 11-12-2000, Kingston RI

Bob Dylan, 10-7-2002, Red Bluff CA

Bob Dylan, 4-20-06, Melbourne Australia

Bob Dylan, 7-13-2006, La Cammet, France

Bob Dylan, 10-18-2006, Sacramento, Arco Arena

Bob Dylan, 4-20-2007, Stuttgart Germany

Bob Dylan, 7-11-2007, Freedom Hill, Sterling Hgts.

Bob Dylan/Neil Young/The Band, Snack Benefit

....in case anyone wants to discuss. :D The stuff from the Far East tour is my current favorite. I think i've heard about 30 different versions of "It Ain't Me Babe". Absolutely amazing.

I also just bought the "Dylan" 3 cd set that recently came out. I just can't rip Bob off without an official donation. "Like a Rolling Stone" in Surround is totally awesome.

Here's my Dylan collection, besides official stuff......

Bob Dylan & The Band, 1-31-74, New York

TC....do you have the NEW soundboard of this ? Apparently it was closer to the master or even a different source that'd been previously available....

...and you didnt acknowledge my Hibbing, MN post...was that not correct to ? ....or just not in the context of your inquisition ?.....:D

TC....do you have the NEW soundboard of this ? Apparently it was closer to the master or even a different source that'd been previously available....

...and you didnt acknowledge my Hibbing, MN post...was that not correct to ? ....or just not in the context of your inquisition ?.....:D

Not sure about that version...I'll have to check. Dylan lived in Hibbling during his teens, but he was born in Duluth. Don't get cranky on me Gilligan :angry: ....you slid right past my "4th Time Around" quote.

:D I'm glad you're here Joel.

Not sure about that version...I'll have to check. Dylan lived in Hibbling during his teens, but he was born in Duluth. Don't get cranky on me Gilligan :angry: ....you slid right past my "4th Time Around" quote.

:D I'm glad you're here Joel.

Ooops....maybe I just didn't see it .... or didn't know it.....sorry ole pal...

Glad you're here too. :D

RIP...Bob D.....:(

Denver, that is....

I'm Not There. * I have to see this flick*

All I've heard about it is that 6 different people play Dylan, including a black guy and a chick. Not sure how that works, but considering it's Dylan, anything is possible. I can watch "No Direction Home" over and over and over.... :blink:

Next question.....We all know Dylan turned electric at The Newport Festival.....but how many times did he actually play the event ?

All I've heard about it is that 6 different people play Dylan, including a black guy and a chick. Not sure how that works, but considering it's Dylan, anything is possible. I can watch "No Direction Home" over and over and over.... :blink:

Next question.....We all know Dylan turned electric at The Newport Festival.....but how many times did he actually play the event ?

If memory serves me correctly....

63-66 (not sure about '66)

and again in 2000 or thereabouts...

close ?

If memory serves me correctly....

63-66 (not sure about '66)

and again in 2000 or thereabouts...

close ?

Well according to last week's PBS special, it was 3 times....63, 64, & 65....but I don't think they mentioned 2000.

Well according to last week's PBS special, it was 3 times....63, 64, & 65....but I don't think they mentioned 2000.

I knew he was there '63-'65...and thought maybe '66 too...but I did look it up after posting....so he didn't appear after his '65 electric show till 2002. I was in Newport at the fests in 2001 and 2005..and knew it was somewhere around there...and I wasn't in town...so it looks like 4 times....

By any account, that first electric performance, his last appearance at the Newport Folk Festival until 2002, marked a major change for both Dylan and the folk establishment, which had adopted him as its own personal mascot.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/music/reviews...estival-1963-1/

Concerning the new Todd Haynes flick I'm Not There. It is out now. I haven't seen it yet, but I love Todd Haynes, and the film is getting excellent reviews, so it's high on my list.

Reviews on I'm Not There

Official movie site

Note it is NOT a Dylan documentary or biopic. From Roger Ebert -

"I'm Not There" is an attempt to consider the contradictions of Bob Dylan by building itself upon contradictions. Maybe that's the only way to do it. If you made a biopic with Dylan played by the same actor all the way through, it might become the portrait of a shape-shifting schizophrenic. Todd Haynes' approach is to create six or seven Dylans, depending on how you count, and use six actors to play them. This way, each Dylan is consistent on his own terms, and the life as a whole need not hold together.

One of the actors is a young African-American boy (Marcus Carl Franklin) who claims to be Woody Guthrie; a second is Jack, a Greenwich Village folk singer (Christian Bale); a third is Robbie (Heath Ledger), appearing in a Hollywood film, who settles down, gets married and has kids; a fourth is Jude (Cate Blanchett), a hero who alienated his fans by switching from acoustic to electric guitar and from folk to folk rock; a fifth is an actor (Richard Gere) appearing in a Western about Billy the Kid; a sixth is a Dylan (Ben Whishaw) submitting to a contentious interview about his career, and then we double back again to Christian Bale, who plays either a seventh or a transformation of the first, Pastor Jack, a born-again Christian."

The one getting the most buzz is Cate Blanchett, because of her uncanny embodiment of Dylan. She looks just like him, yet used only minimal makeup/costuming.

photo_14_thumb.jpg

cateblanSCOPE_468x394.jpg

If you see her, say hello

From one of my favorite albums, Blood on the Tracks. That and Bootleg Series: Live 1966 (the "Judas" concert) are probably the ones dearest to my heart.

I NEED Dylan music. It's an indispensable aspect of my life.

Word.

I love Blood on the Tracks. Like so many things from the '70s, that album is weirdly braided into my Zep adventures.

Two question trivia quiz:

1. What U.S. museum has a copy of the album The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

on display? Hint: It is not the R&R Hall of Fame.

2. Provide the context (place and year) for the following Dylan quote:

"You couldn't help but lose your passion for dumbness." Hint: He said it back in his early days.

• 9 years later...

^^   Ballad in Plain D.....too damn long !

Tangerine Dream ended up working for the Obama administration in Health & Human Services.  She got laid off by Trump, and is now back in Chicago working for Rahm Emanuel.

Joelmon is working on a fishing boat right outside  Delecroix Mississippi....or making plates at a nearby prison....your choice !  Hope he's enjoying his SS benefits either way.  Hawaii 1970....yeah baby !

Stringbender plays lurky lurky.  He's a shadow on a general forum that's a mere shadow of its' former self.  Speaking of Shadows......:ph34r:

Nice to still have you here Red......TC says Hi.

Preacher was a talkin’, there’s a sermon he gave
He said every man’s conscience is vile and depraved
You cannot depend on it to be your guide
When it’s you who must keep it satisfied

tatoo lady.jpg

Man In The Long Black Coat

I know you'll know this one, but the lyrics always crack me up.

I'm gonna grow my hair down to my feet so strange
So I look like a walking mountain range
And I'm gonna ride into Omaha on a horse
Out to the country club and the golf course.
Carry the New York Times, shoot a few holes, blow their minds.

On 06/12/2007 at 5:42 PM, infidel said:

I think it's the jester who stole His thorny crown...

Just fits, is all...

Holy crap.... I  always thought that the lyric was " the jester stole his phony crown" and I  thought it meant that Lennon was the real king of rock n roll, not Elvis!

Archived