The Blind Date from Hell

bigzepfan

Dude, you should not have listened to you're dad's advice. Don't pay for a woman that you barely know just because she's a woman and that is "the gentlemanly thing to do" or "That's what you do for a lady" blah, blah. If a woman does not offer to pay her share she is not worth your time. This isn't the 1950's. A woman should have earn you're respect.

I don't know what to say about that date of yours but blind dates are always a risk. I have not had one good blind date yet. I think i would have seen the warning signs on this date before you did though. The drinking, accepting youre money and gifts. Kissing another guy!!!! :o No offense but you should have ended that whole thing before you did.

Next time go on a date with a woman make things equal. You have to look after and take care of yourself too. They are not going to do it.

Good luck next time.

At least HE has a funny story Spats. What do you have....?

If you don't wash any dishes you'll never break any.

Thanx! At this point, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I've already moved on...and I definitely learned a lesson. No more spoiling until the second date! I have just always been that way, not out of desperation, but out of (hopefully) mututal respect.

Many thanks to all for your input.

Bless you for being a gentleman. I would have kicked her or in my case him to the curb. I do not have the time for bullsh@! I am sure you will find a great women some day.

This girl was definitely a freak!

I hate to say it but it kinda seems like you were set up from the beginning. The girl that introduced you to her probably saw you as a high roller and figured her friend could have a good time at your expense. Obviously you were taken advantage of. That is so sad, becuase obviously you are a generous and considerate man. Women like that give other women a bad name.

I agree with bongman, also buying anyone a coach bag on the first date is uncalled for. I have a friend that was always going over the top like that on first dates and I know with him it either attracted gold diggers or scared the normal women off a bit because they saw it as a bit desperate.

I agree.

Don't let this bad experience jade you, just be more cautious in the future. You learn something from every event and situation in your life.

Hoping you find the girl of your dreams soon! Sounds like she will be a lucky woman! :D

I disagree. He needs to explore why he felt a need to continue the date when it was obvious he was being taken advantage of.

In addition, AC might have been worst possible local for a blind date. I guess you can't trust people you meet at a Bad Company back stage party.

At least HE has a funny story Spats. What do you have....?

If you don't wash any dishes you'll never break any.

I am not interested in dirty dishes. :D

Who cares if my stories aren't funny? They aren't meant to be.

First of all, I am sorry to hear what that chick did to you, bigzepfan . Does she respect anyone? Who taught her to treat people that way?

Dude, you should not have listened to you're dad's advice. Don't pay for a woman that you barely know just because she's a woman and that is "the gentlemanly thing to do" or "That's what you do for a lady" blah, blah. If a woman does not offer to pay her share she is not worth your time. This isn't the 1950's. A woman should have earn you're respect.

I don't know what to say about that date of yours but blind dates are always a risk. I have not had one good blind date yet. I think i would have seen the warning signs on this date before you did though. The drinking, accepting youre money and gifts. Kissing another guy!!!! :o No offense but you should have ended that whole thing before you did.

Next time go on a date with a woman make things equal. You have to look after and take care of yourself too. They are not going to do it.

Good luck next time.

Second:

You're not even a G from the gentlemen, spats. If you pay one drink for some woman that won't kill you. Wouldn't you buy some woman a drink if you like her?

How could you be such a miser? One drink, man....

First of all, I am sorry to hear what that chick did to you, bigzepfan . Does she respect anyone? Who taught her to treat people that way?

Second:

You're not even a G from the gentlemen, spats. If you pay one drink for some woman that won't kill you. Wouldn't you buy some woman a drink if you like her?

Don't worry about him, Lena Zep. He just makes up those stories to get everyone talking. He probably buys women drinks all the time without blinking.

Don't worry about him, Lena Zep. He just makes up those stories to get everyone talking. He probably buys women drinks all the time without blinking.

I don't make anything up. I rarely drink alcohol. So i sure as hell am not buying any for women. You can ask any of my friends. The only time i buy drinks is when i am out with my friends. But those are guys i have known for years. I don't buy drinks or anything for women i barely know or just met.

Second:

For a woman i knew and trusted i would.

I agree. He is probably surrounded by pillow fighting co-eds right now. And he is smacking their little bums with a riding crop. B)

:lol:

Second:

Please take this friendly word of advice: Don't engage him. By the end, you'll be bashing your head into a brick wall to make the pain go away. I've had better, more grounded conversations with elderly Alzheimer's patients than anyone here has had with him.

I agree.

I disagree. He needs to explore why he felt a need to continue the date when it was obvious he was being taken advantage of.

In addition, AC might have been worst possible local for a blind date. I guess you can't trust people you meet at a Bad Company back stage party.

It wasn't obvious I was taken advantage of until she started kissing the other guy.

she did not ask me to pay for her drinks, gamble or buy her the bag. I offered.

When she kissed the dude I figured this is the beginning of the end. Then I went to the bathroom and came back and she was kissing him again. At that point I knew there was no chance and left immediately.

It wasn't obvious I was taken advantage of until she started kissing the other guy.

she did not ask me to pay for her drinks, gamble or buy her the bag. I offered.

When she kissed the dude I figured this is the beginning of the end. Then I went to the bathroom and came back and she was kissing him again. At that point I knew there was no chance and left immediately.

I don't think anyone's faulting you BZF. You clearly are a bighearted guy with bighearted intentions. I have similar tendencies when courting. I too want to wine and dine and show her the time of her life. Not because I'm desperate or trying to buy her affections. Only a fool would think this is how it will be every night. I'm just sorry she was after a free ride and not your heart bro. That's a long, silent ride home. I've watched the headlights play on the lines many times myself. Radar Love man. Sucks.