Which album completed your collection?

Bill M.

Which album completed your collection?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who own all of the studio albums, which was the last one you bought before you could finally say you had them all?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Runes (Led Zeppelin IV)
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through the Out Door
    • Coda
    • I don't own all of their studio albums...yet.
    • Several at once, because I bought the 10-disc box set to complete what I didn't have.

In my experience, many people who get into Led Zeppelin are young and discovering them after-the-fact. But few of them seem to buy their catalog in chronological order.

So for those of you who own all of the studio albums in some form or another, which was the LAST one you bought before you could finally say you had them all?

And just for the sake of clarity, "album" means a title on any format (vinyl record, cassette, 8-track, CD, mp3).

For me, I initially had everything on either vinyl or cassette, and I think Presence was the last one out of the 9 that I had to get before I had them all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All the other albums I had gotten or ordered in the Japanese packaging. In Through the Out Door was the last and the only one in a regular jewel case. Though since, I got I, Phiycial Graffetti, Coda and that on vynil.

Edited by aen27

A friend of mine played me Rock And Roll off of IV one night and I was hooked. The first album I heard completely was actually Page & Plant - Unledded. I was undecided as to what cd I would by first, so I bought Box Set 1. After finding out that the box set was not all of their material, I decided to purchase all the albums (I didn't know about the second box set). I started with In Through The Out Door and Coda first, then worked my way backwards in chronological order with Led Zeppelin I being the cd that completed my collection.

Edited by timothy5151

I don't own all of their albums yet and I probably won't because I don't consider myself a completist. If I don't think it's any good, I won't buy it no matter how much I love the artist. For example, there's a few Pink Floyd albums I don't have because I don't like them. I figure, why spend money on something I won't listen to? It's a waste.

I've heard quite a few songs on Coda and don't care for them compared to other works they did, so I'll probably never end up owning it.

Edited by Electrophile

• 3 weeks later...

I don't own LZ4 or ITTOD - but another family member does. I certainly would have them all otherwise.

Why didn't you include BBC sessions, HTWWW or TSRTS? I wouldn't consider a collection complete without them.

I can't be a 100% certain but I'm pretty sure it was Coda for me as well. Ironically, it's a good album in my eyes! It often rivals a few other "regular" albums for most listens in the catalogue. Thanks to the 4 disc box set I don't have to listen to Coda directly really (virtually all the best tracks from it are on the box set where they shine in a broader and more fitting light). BUT I do need it for We're Gonna Groove! Love that song! Man, they're flying on that song! Listening to Jimmy's guitar and especially Bonzo's drums in the solo break, wow!

• 2 weeks later...

CODA of course. I have OCD, so to do things out of order would be torture.

Has nothing to do with the content, though - I like CODA better than In Through The Out Door.

1) The title is much easier to type.

2) Page/Bonham actually had some influence on it.