buying new guitar(question)

Zoso1968

Hey guys im buying a new cheapo guitar from mus friend and i cant find newhere on the description that says whether its full sized ore just some little 2 foot tall thing... any help would be much appreciated

heres the link

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...Pack?sku=582139

Thanks!

(i know its going to be a junk guitar, i just want somehting that works halfway and that i can bring places and not care if it gets messed up)

You already have an amp, so why waste your dollars on crap gear? You have that old Peavey tube amp right? That little buzz box in the package will be redundant. For home use, the important thing is a decent guitar. Maybe a stompbox to get a cool fuzz. But I wouldn't blow my limited funds on a crap package if I already have an amp.

You already have an amp, so why waste your dollars on crap gear? You have that old Peavey tube amp right? That little buzz box in the package will be redundant. For home use, the important thing is a decent guitar. Maybe a stompbox to get a cool fuzz. But I wouldn't blow my limited funds on a crap package if I already have an amp.

well partly i wanted to get it so that i could take it places and not worry about it getting messed up really, like if i wanted to take it to school, i have to haul that big 40w peavey, which has no handle at the top =/, and also that i would use like infront of the computer to look at lessons and learn songs on. do you think it would be better to get like a cheap squier strat and a small amp as well?

well partly i wanted to get it so that i could take it places and not worry about it getting messed up really, like if i wanted to take it to school, i have to haul that big 40w peavey, which has no handle at the top =/, and also that i would use like infront of the computer to look at lessons and learn songs on. do you think it would be better to get like a cheap squier strat and a small amp as well?

You also have a small Marshall that would fit in a backpack right? Don't need an extra amp. Get a decent guitar.

You also have a small Marshall that would fit in a backpack right? Don't need an extra amp. Get a decent guitar.

no i dont actually, perhaps i spoke of that before, my friend has one that ive used... that is one that i was considering getting before, if i had that then yea it would fit perfectly and thatd be all i need (as far as the amp) do you think i should get that and a guitar? currently ive got 100 and on tuesday or wednesday ill get about 250 more, and i think im going to guitar center that saturday

no i dont actually, perhaps i spoke of that before, my friend has one that ive used... that is one that i was considering getting before, if i had that then yea it would fit perfectly and thatd be all i need (as far as the amp) do you think i should get that and a guitar? currently ive got 100 and on tuesday or wednesday ill get about 250 more, and i think im going to guitar center that saturday

I'm sorry, what are we talking preamp out cables for if you don't have two amps?

because i was going to be buying a marshall but it wouldnt be loud enough to use live so you suggested hooking the two up together and using the marshall as a preamp and the peavey as a power amp, but i just havent gotten it yet,

but before i do any of that i think ill check out that distortion pedal u were talking about and see how that works out for me, and if i get the pedal then thatl save me a good bit of money so i think that il get one of the small marshall 10 watt combos that i can bring around with me and stuff and then i guess ill see if i can find a fairly inexpesive guitar there that i like. that sound a little more sensible? haha my mind has changed so many times here

My mind changes by days bro! Soon as that catalog comes in the mail I'm rethinking EVERTYTHING! :lol:

Lemme know when you're ready to buy and I'll hook you up with my guy at Guitar Center. I've gotten a few folks here sweet deals. He'll ship it to the store in your area, and knock a shitload off the price. Just settle on what you want before I bug him! ;)

haha yea mine changes too quick for me to keep up with myself sometimes =)

sweet man thanks a ton, ill most likely go next weekend and decide then, and guitar center is on my way home from work so i could just stop by and pick it up one day.

yea the small marshall that i like(which seems a lot better, for $20 less.. go figure) isnt at the guitar center by me... but i think that im going to get a good few accessories as well.. metronome, maybe a tuner, slide, some picks, acoustic strap, all that stuff... should i wait and tell u that too or just go ahead with it? just wondering haha

thanks tons man!

Archived