Jimmy Page, MSG 7/29/73 outfit

JimmyPageZoSo56

He wears it 1973 Madison Square Garden, it is on the 2003 DVD, I can probablly take some screenshots if you really want some, or if you have it you can too, any particular position?

EDIT: I think he changed in the middle of the show, during Black Dog his jacket had stars, now there are red roses on it.

EDIT: I think he changed in the middle of the show, during Black Dog his jacket had stars, now there are red roses on it.

The DVD/The Song Remains the Same were composed of footage from their 3-night run at MSG and Jimmy and Jonesy wore different things on the different nights, so when the footage was spliced together Jimmy's suit changes a bit, and Jonesy is in entirely different things during various parts.

He wears it 1973 Madison Square Garden, it is on the 2003 DVD, I can probablly take some screenshots if you really want some, or if you have it you can too, any particular position?

cool thanks. could you get some from the 2003 DVD of "Black Dog" and some from "Rock and Roll" and "Celebration Day" from TSRTS dvd?

i dont think he changed into something else. i think it was the stars and dragon with tinsle outfit one night and the rose one the other nights.

the night he wore the stars/dragon and tinsle outfit with his pants in the original costume. but he wore a red rose shirt with the pants in 1973 and a button down shirt with the pants in 1975.

Jimmy also used these trousers - 'cosmic' trousers I think they've been called - a lot on the 1975 U.S. Tour, but then he seems to always have worn them with a different jacket, not the one he wore on the 29. show at MSG. (There are some fabulous pictures by Neal Preston for example, where he's wearing a shirt with them - Robert had a similar shirt). I think he may have worn that jacket only a handful of times, in fact.

• 4 years later...

Hey Guys!

I have a Led Zeppelin cover band, and I'm doing some new JImmy Page authentic outfit..

I like a lot this one, including the pants and the jacket.. So, i'm doing it.

But there's a problem. To be authentic, I need to see exactly how the orange dragons are! There's one on the pants, and other behind the jacket.

I need to see the draw with details.. Does anybody here can help me?

Thanks a lot!

This is my most favorite Jimmy outfit (that's why it's on my avatar). A while ago on this forum (but I don't remember what section it was), I asked why the (complete) outfit only appears for Rock & Roll, Black Dog & Celebration Day (on the DVD) and for no other song in the movie, and someone ( sorry don't remember who) explained that he wore it each night only for the first three songs & then changed to the other jacket for the rest of the show. There must be someone here who went to one of the MSG shows- maybe they can tell us for sure.

Hi Stargroves Tangie and welcome Rodrigo Bourganos!

I looked through my photobucket to see if I could find anything. I was not at that show and I am not sure if this thread will help..but here you go:-)

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/15536-black-dragon-suit-history-in-photos/page__hl__%2Bdragon+%2Bsuit__fromsearch__1

Deborah J, thanks! But the one you posted is the 75 dragon suit! I want the orange dragons from this suit! Take a look at the dragons from these pants: http://i128.photobuc...n/JPOMSC151.jpg

Your most welcome and I'll keep looking...and like Stargroves Tangie stated someone on here was at the show and can maybe help:-)

Edit entire post: There is a thread here called " Cool pictures of Jimmy" and it's a lot of pages, but you may find a photo as the ladies and some of the brave men have posted just about anything you can find on Jimmy:-)

Here is that thread..

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/11210-cool-pics-of-jimmy/

I've already seen this one! It's very nice, I got plenty of pictures there!

But I would like to see the real details of those orange dragons..

Picture yourself as a close designer that needs to do an authentic copy of this outfit. That's what I asked, but the designer needs details, and he asked me to get a picture that shows only these orange dragons....

Maybe anybody has it

Archived