Bron yr aur.. difficulty?

Zoso1968

Hybrid picking is when you use a pick, but also pluck with your other fingers at the same time. Page uses it to great effect during TSRTS and STH. Watch TSRTS from the film. During the solo, when we're not watching Plant ride ashore on his boat, lol. The pulloffs are a hybrid of picked notes and the middle finger doing the pulloffs.

O.K. I've been doing that already. Just never heard the term before.

O.K. I've been doing that already. Just never heard the term before.

No prob! You could tell me I'd just done a major 9th didactic narpetual arpeggiatorial fluctuance and I wouldn't know a damn thing about it! :lol:

As long as it sounds cool, right! :D

No prob! You could tell me I'd just done a major 9th didactic narpetual arpeggiatorial fluctuance and I wouldn't know a damn thing about it! :lol:

As long as it sounds cool, right! :D

Haha, hey Ev, I did one of those once! Or at least I think I did. :lol: Needless to say, it was awesome! :lol:

Tech terms and jargon end up pissing me the hell off after a while. Some older guys "jammed" with me and my bro one time, and seriously it was painful. They were all like major this and minor that, diatonic this and diatonic that. I just stood there and said "can we just freakin' jam dudes??!" Put it this way, they had far less feeling in their playing than I did. Sometimes you can really get hung up on terminology that you turn music into a science rather than an art.

http://vimeo.com/4486203

there is also a 2nd angle that this same guy has of playing it if you get stuck.

he plays it hybrid picking which i found damn hard (i'd recommend just fingerpicking it), but it works for him i guess.

omg i know the person who did that video :D

like he said he was part of vanderbilly.

btw i dont mean to advertise other sites if its not allowed but they have some great zeppelin tutorials.

anyways. back on topic, i learned this song awhile ago and it was fun to play and it impressed the people i played it in front of.

of course my right hand hated me but it was worth it.

and when u do that try white summer... that will keep u occupied for a long time.

i did my own rendition of the Royal Albert Hall version and its such a blast to play. you will learn patience when u try this song haha.

Edited by ImaDoctor

haha yea i bet.. did u tab it out urself?

White Summer? no actually i found a power tab on UG. i didn't want to go through the trouble of learning the song note for note so i simplified the notes and chords and stuff and watched the royal albert hall version a bunch of times and picked stuff out that i thought would sound good...

and it worked. i played it in front of my family at a family reunion. there was like over 50 people there. and they were amazed by my version of it haha

• 11 years later...