Latest e mail yesterday from ticketmaster

The latest ticketmaster e mail sent last night (UK time) states procedures for collecting tickets at the O2. It has all the usual stuff in there but one interesting point is that it states as below,I have also included the full e mail as you can see it is not a standard letter .

This is just helping touts surely...........another day another mixed message :unsure::unsure:

•Should the card holder NOT be attending the concert, they are still required to collect the tickets accompanied by the two persons who will be going to the concert.

Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert - The O2

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

Congratulations on being a successful ballot winner for the much-anticipated exclusive Ahmet Ertegun Tribute concert.

Please read the information below carefully as it is vital for you to redeem your tickets.

•NO tickets will be mailed out. All those going to the concert must pick up their tickets and non-transferable wristbands in advance of the show from Gate B at The O2 Arena between 10:00 and 18:00 on Sunday 9 December, and between 10:00 and 18:00 on Monday 10 December. To avoid long queues on the day of the show you are strongly urged to pick up your tickets and wristbands on Sunday 9 December, or arrive as early as possible on Monday 10 December. Please be aware that ticket collection will be busy at peak times and you should anticipate having to wait to be served.

•To collect the tickets each original purchaser and the person accompanying them to the show MUST BOTH be present in order to pick up the tickets and wristbands. There will be NO exceptions, NO name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.

•Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit card used for the purchase along with valid state-issued photo ID in order to receive the tickets and non-transferable wristbands. All wristbands will be fitted immediately. If your card has since expired, please bring the replacement card and the statement which shows the original transaction and card number.

•No tickets can be duplicated. Once you have your ticket in your possession, you are solely responsible for it. The Box Office will not reissue any lost or damaged tickets or wristbands.

•Tickets are not transferable. Reselling a ticket for profit or commercial gain or use for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages without the express permission of the artiste's management or promoter will void the ticket. Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the ticket holder being refused entry to or removed from the venue.

•Should the card holder NOT be attending the concert, they are still required to collect the tickets accompanied by the two persons who will be going to the concert.

•Tickets brought from unauthorised agents and auction sites are not valid and admission to the event will not be permitted.

•On the night of the show everyone will be required to present BOTH the wristband and ticket for entrance to the show. Wristbands must not be removed or tampered with prior to entering the show or your access will be refused. Original ticket holders must bring photo ID to the show as they may be required to present it upon entry to the venue.

We hope that you enjoy what promises to be a historical musical event!

Kind Regards

The latest ticketmaster e mail sent last night (UK time) states procedures for collecting tickets at the O2. It has all the usual stuff in there but one interesting point is that it states as below,I have also included the full e mail as you can see it is not a standard letter .

This is just helping touts surely...........another day another mixed message :unsure::unsure:

Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert - The O2

Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

Congratulations on being a successful ballot winner for the much-anticipated exclusive Ahmet Ertegun Tribute concert.

Please read the information below carefully as it is vital for you to redeem your tickets.

•NO tickets will be mailed out. All those going to the concert must pick up their tickets and non-transferable wristbands in advance of the show from Gate B at The O2 Arena between 10:00 and 18:00 on Sunday 9 December, and between 10:00 and 18:00 on Monday 10 December. To avoid long queues on the day of the show you are strongly urged to pick up your tickets and wristbands on Sunday 9 December, or arrive as early as possible on Monday 10 December. Please be aware that ticket collection will be busy at peak times and you should anticipate having to wait to be served.

•To collect the tickets each original purchaser and the person accompanying them to the show MUST BOTH be present in order to pick up the tickets and wristbands. There will be NO exceptions, NO name changes or letters of authorisation will be accepted under any circumstances.

•Each original purchaser must provide the actual credit card used for the purchase along with valid state-issued photo ID in order to receive the tickets and non-transferable wristbands. All wristbands will be fitted immediately. If your card has since expired, please bring the replacement card and the statement which shows the original transaction and card number.

•No tickets can be duplicated. Once you have your ticket in your possession, you are solely responsible for it. The Box Office will not reissue any lost or damaged tickets or wristbands.

•Tickets are not transferable. Reselling a ticket for profit or commercial gain or use for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages without the express permission of the artiste's management or promoter will void the ticket. Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the ticket holder being refused entry to or removed from the venue.

•Tickets brought from unauthorised agents and auction sites are not valid and admission to the event will not be permitted.

•On the night of the show everyone will be required to present BOTH the wristband and ticket for entrance to the show. Wristbands must not be removed or tampered with prior to entering the show or your access will be refused. Original ticket holders must bring photo ID to the show as they may be required to present it upon entry to the venue.

We hope that you enjoy what promises to be a historical musical event!

Kind Regards

Did this line jump out at anyone else?

if they still go through with this, i predict alot of unhappy fans and alot of tension outside the event.

What a disaster this is turning out to be....just picture thousands of Zep hungry fans waiting in que while someone argues about their ticket reciepts and how they aquired them!

Sad to say - but I'm glad I'm not going to be part of that mess.

Should the card holder NOT be attending the concert, they are still required to collect the tickets accompanied by the two persons who will be going to the concert.

Apparently Grandma still has to come even if she lives in the States. :hysterical: What a riot...

YourGrandma3.jpg

i do not think, there will be any troubles getting in. First of all:

a) riots will be no help to anyone

B) ticketmaster wont go to any dispute threatening with client legal action

c) identity of ticket purchaser - they are not police - they are not going to check whether names are right, when you paid it all with your credit card - how on earth are they going to prove, that you made mistake when filling data/or that it was somebody else filling data or anything

d) resale - they can not prove your resale - i.e. you can sale some stuff and tell guy that when you buy that stuff, I will take you to the concert ... clear and legal

am i right - of course

Jeff you are right

the other point is do you think someone working there on about 6 or 7 pound an hour is going to be arsed with all the hassle, if they did it will just decend into complete chaos imagine how long the whole process would take

Also that bit about checking I.D. again the night of the show, it just is not going to happen

and here speaks somebody who won a ballot code first time round and paid for it with my own credit card.

thank you for the post i got the email and i am delighted with the way its going because i bought my tickets from ticketmaster have id the card ect n its official im goin to see jimmy page robert plant john paul jones and mr jason bonham spanner of the gods lol ko cant wait relaunch of the led zeppelin

may 2008 be blessed with the most anticipated rock god road trip of all time

The whole thing has been a mess, and I would not be surprised in the que (line) it gets worse on Sunday, surely there should of been an easier way and a better way of doing all of this, why did they have it in 02 surely somewhere a little bigger in London would of been better then more zeppelin fans could of attended.

Ticket Holders:

Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Hold the line! Stay with me! If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

This clearly allows the ticket purchaser to not go to the actual concert, and, in their place, 2 other people..... The caveat is that the ticket purchaser, ie the cardholder.... must go to the O2 with the 2 lucky people, to get their tickets and wristbands.

There will be presumably a Maser list from TM that shows who paid for the tickets. If Person A bought the tickets and sold the tickets on E-Bay to person B, I don't think TM would know about that. But when person B goes to get the tickets... unless person A, the seller goes with them... I don't see how person B is going to get the tickets....

I have two tickets but can't go on Monday. I can however, go on the Sunday.

Can i get two people in and wristbanded and not need to attend on the Monday???

The last point on the TM email (See below) seems to imply I do but surely that's ridiculous

"On the night of the show everyone will be required to present BOTH the wristband and ticket for entrance to the show. Wristbands must not be removed or tampered with prior to entering the show or your access will be refused. Original ticket holders must bring photo ID to the show as they may be required to present it upon entry to the venue. "

I'm going on Sunday and I'd be more than happy to pass on both tickets if I could. Unfortunately, I won't be there on Monday so the risk would be whether you can get in without the original ticket holder on the night.

Also - I'm not asking for stupid money for the tickets just face value and maybe a little extra to cover my diesel costs. :D

Archived