Who's your favourite comedian

Khandie

Lewis Black is a pretty funny standup comic my wife and I were lucky to see a few years back. My stomach was sore from laughing until the next day.

What really gets me rolling though, is when Martin Short takes on the Nathan Thurm persona. I laugh my ass off at that character.

George Carlin (rest in Peace) I saw him 4 times.

Not sure if this counts but the Dean Martin roast they used to do with Foster Brooks as the drunk...these were classic!!! I always had tears from laughing so hard.

RICHARD PRYOR!

The best comedian of all-time. He told it like it was. Very real and alot of it was auto-biographical. He was not afraid of what he might say that may, could and sometimes did, offend people. In my opinion the greatest of all-time. Sure his comedy included profanity and plenty of references to his own cocaine abuse (or addiction), but the way he talked about it and delivered it is simply brilliant.

JOHN BELUSHI.

Not really a stand-up comedian but one of the funniest and best comedic actors ever. What else can you say about him. Pure genius.

Helping a couple of friends move a desk once, looked at each other & thought the same thing.

So 3 votes for Laurel & Hardy.

I won't even aknowledge a person's existance if they don't at least 'appreciate' the genius of Laurel and Hardy.

As Led Zep were to music, Laurel and Hardy were to comedy.

What happened? I can't think of anything he ever said that would warrant getting banned for.

Quite true. He never insulted anyone directly, nor shown any disrespect towards the posters themselves. So even if he could be considered real troll, he was very different from Plastic Zep, if anyone still remembers him.

But that's just my opinion. I agree the fun is over now. :)

Quite true. He never insulted anyone directly, nor shown any disrespect towards the posters themselves. So even if he could be considered real troll, he was very different from Plastic Zep, if anyone still remembers him.

But that's just my opinion. I agree the fun is over now. :)

Poor little fella. And just when it looked like he was starting to get it! Nice to see he's getting a dignified eulogy, though...

I'll put my top 5, then list more of my faves in no particular order:

1. Bill Hicks

2. George Carlin

3. Lenny Bruce

4. Sam Kinison

5. Doug Stanhope

More, in no particular order:

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Bill Cosby, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Larry the Cable Guy (sorry... but I love the fact that he's so fuckin' stupid... he makes me laugh...), Bill Engvall, Ron White, Monty Python, Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady, Drew Carey, Chris Rock, Chris Tucker, Adam Sandler, Dennis Leary, Abbott and Costello, The Three Stooges, Lewis Black, Demetri Martin, Steve Carrell, Mitch Hedberg, Rodney Dangerfield, Johnny Carson, Jeff Foxworthy, Sarah Silverman, Kathleen Madigan, Brian Reagan, Nick Swardson, Mike Birbiglia...

I must mention the late-great Mitch Hedberg and Lisa Lampanelli from Comedy Central.

Does anyone remember that weirdo Steven Wright who broke a mirror and instead of 7 years bad luck, his lawyer got him 4?

Gallager and his damn Sledge-O-Matic?

From SNL- Meyers/Carvey, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Will Ferrel, Cheri O`Teri, Rachael Dratch, Maya Randolph, Molly Shannon, Chris Kattan, and my all time favorite SNL cast member, Phil Hartman.

Archived