"It Might Get Loud" - USA Schedule

sam_webmaster

Cool movie saw it tonight, obviously i'm a Zep fan, love The white Stripes, may even like U2 a little more now

Loved when they jammed In My Time Of Dying

How's it going "cousinlouie?" I hope all is well with you. I'm going to have to check this movie out man, I can't wait to see it when I get back to Texas. "cousinlouie," have you ever heard the 1973 classic song "Brother Louie" by STORIES? Thats a cool song! Anyway, take care and ROCK ON "cousinlouie!"

Due to monetary and time constraints, and also, to some amount of general laziness..... I will not be treking out to the theater to see this film, I instead will wait for the DVD release.... with the assured bonus material.... and watch in the comfort and privacy of my home, or someone else's :)

Due to monetary and time constraints, and also, to some amount of general laziness..... I will not be treking out to the theater to see this film, I instead will wait for the DVD release.... with the assured bonus material.... and watch in the comfort and privacy of my home, or someone else's :)

I can certainly understand all your reasons for waiting for it to come out on DVD. :) But...may I gently encourage you to see this on the big screen?? You won't regret it!!!!!!!!

Sharon (<---3 viewings so far....and counting!! )

I can certainly understand all your reasons for waiting for it to come out on DVD. :) But...may I gently encourage you to see this on the big screen?? You won't regret it!!!!!!!!

Sharon (<---3 viewings so far....and counting!! )

Hi "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon!" I hope all is well with you. How was the movie? (Like I should ask!) I can't wait to see it in the theaters when I get back to Texas. Hell, I might even see it here in Sacramento, California if its showing here. Right now, I'm visiting family and friends here in Sacramento, California and am at a party right now as we speak. I'm already feeling no pain. Take care "SourceNRG" and ROCK ON!

I saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it.

My husband fell asleep during the movie, LOL.

My oldest son was really impressed with The Edge, as he was never a big U2 fan, due to his dissatisfaction of Bono mixing politics with music.

My impression was that I would have perferred more scenes with Jimmy and less with Jack White, whom I thought came across as a bit of a jerk. Seems like he has some anger issues, as well as his deception that Meg is his "big sister" (must have some mental issues, too). But he was very articulate and seemed intelligent. He's not even in the same league, musically, with Jimmy and The Edge, just my opinion, as well as my son's.

I loved that Jimmy almost sang at the end, when they all were playing, even though he professed that he couldn't sing. His lips were moving, he wanted to sing. (I bet he could be a good singer if he practiced.) And his guitar playing was fabulous. The others were in awe of the master. And Jimmy looked really happy when he was playing.

I really enjoyed seeing Jimmy on the "big screen". He is gorgeous. And to hear his playing in Dolby surround sound at the theater is almost like being at a concert. And the theater did play it loud biggrin.gif . So I would highly recommend seeing it at the theater if at all possible, you won't be sorry.

Hi "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon!" I hope all is well with you. How was the movie? (Like I should ask!) I can't wait to see it in the theaters when I get back to Texas. Hell, I might even see it here in Sacramento, California if its showing here. Right now, I'm visiting family and friends here in Sacramento, California and am at a party right now as we speak. I'm already feeling no pain. Take care "SourceNRG" and ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF!! How the heck are ya?!?!! :)

I hope IMGL is showing in Sacramento and that you can see it soon! You will love it, I am sure. I think it is so well done, and gives me new respect for Jack White and The Edge, too.

I was going to go for my 4th time this weekend but other circumstances didn't allow for that, so may go some night this week. Maybe I will go on thursday night, and then take the poster home with me. :) The theater owner has already promised me the movie poster when the run is over, so figured if I went Thursday I could "multitask"--watch the movie one more time AND pick up the poster. LOL!! :)

Take care!

Sharon

I saw the movie last night and really enjoyed it.

My husband fell asleep during the movie, LOL.

My oldest son was really impressed with The Edge, as he was never a big U2 fan, due to his dissatisfaction of Bono mixing politics with music.

My impression was that I would have perferred more scenes with Jimmy and less with Jack White, whom I thought came across as a bit of a jerk. Seems like he has some anger issues, as well as his deception that Meg is his "big sister" (must have some mental issues, too). But he was very articulate and seemed intelligent. He's not even in the same league, musically, with Jimmy and The Edge, just my opinion, as well as my son's.

I loved that Jimmy almost sang at the end, when they all were playing, even though he professed that he couldn't sing. His lips were moving, he wanted to sing. (I bet he could be a good singer if he practiced.) And his guitar playing was fabulous. The others were in awe of the master. And Jimmy looked really happy when he was playing.

I really enjoyed seeing Jimmy on the "big screen". He is gorgeous. And to hear his playing in Dolby surround sound at the theater is almost like being at a concert. And the theater did play it loud biggrin.gif . So I would highly recommend seeing it at the theater if at all possible, you won't be sorry.

Hi buck"eye"doc!

Glad you liked the movie!!!! Take it your husband isn't a big music/JP fan?!!? LOL!! :P

It's funny how everyone has a different take on Jack White--I guess he is a bit of a polarizing figure. I didn't know that much about him before the movie (I mean, I knew the White Stripes/Raconteurs/etc etc, but didn't know much about him or his background). I actually gained a HUUUGE amount of respect for him, and just loved him in the movie--he was totally cracking me up in many parts. LOVE the fact that he has done his "homework" in the blues....I don't think there is as much of that in today's younger players (maybe I am totally wrong about that, but that is my perception these days, anyways). And so I thought he was far from a jerk and came away with the opposite impression, actually! Funny how we all come away with different things from the film. :)

And JP was just exquisite on all levels in the movie...SO glad he agreed to do this!! :)

Take care!

Sharon

Hi ZFF!! How the heck are ya?!?!! :)

I hope IMGL is showing in Sacramento and that you can see it soon! You will love it, I am sure. I think it is so well done, and gives me new respect for Jack White and The Edge, too.

I was going to go for my 4th time this weekend but other circumstances didn't allow for that, so may go some night this week. Maybe I will go on thursday night, and then take the poster home with me. :) The theater owner has already promised me the movie poster when the run is over, so figured if I went Thursday I could "multitask"--watch the movie one more time AND pick up the poster. LOL!! :)

Take care!

Sharon

Hi "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon! I'm doing fine, thank you for asking. How the heck are ya? I'm going to check today in the Sunday paper and seeing if the movie's showing here in Sacramento. Who know's, maybe my best friend Tod and I can rekindle some of our teenage ways and light some bottle rockets in the theater like we did back in the day. Ha Ha! No, that wouldn't be a very good idea today would it? Ha Ha! Our (Tod and I) late best friend Scott (Bless his heart), passed away in 1997, gosh I sure miss him. He was our partner in crime that helped create The Three Musketeers (Tod, Scott and I). I hope that you get the poster, I feel confident that you will. I really enjoyed talking with you, please don't be a stranger. In the mean time, take care of yourself and ROCK ON Sharon!

Hi "SourceNRG" A.K.A. Sharon! I'm doing fine, thank you for asking. How the heck are ya? I'm going to check today in the Sunday paper and seeing if the movie's showing here in Sacramento. Who know's, maybe my best friend Tod and I can rekindle some of our teenage ways and light some bottle rockets in the theater like we did back in the day. Ha Ha! No, that wouldn't be a very good idea today would it? Ha Ha! Our (Tod and I) late best friend Scott (Bless his heart), passed away in 1997, gosh I sure miss him. He was our partner in crime that helped create The Three Musketeers (Tod, Scott and I). I hope that you get the poster, I feel confident that you will. I really enjoyed talking with you, please don't be a stranger. In the mean time, take care of yourself and ROCK ON Sharon!

HELLO ZEPPFANFOREVER, I ALSO LIVE IN SACRAMENTO, NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE FAMILY HERE, PRITTY WARM TODAY!!!HOPE YOU ARE INJOYING YOUR VISIT, MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP SOMETIME AND TALK ZEP STUFF.ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE ZEP FRIENDS....GINA

HELLO ZEPPFANFOREVER, I ALSO LIVE IN SACRAMENTO, NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE FAMILY HERE, PRITTY WARM TODAY!!!HOPE YOU ARE INJOYING YOUR VISIT, MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP SOMETIME AND TALK ZEP STUFF.ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE ZEP FRIENDS....GINA

Why hello "gina62!" I don't know why but your picture looks very familiar to me. I think that I've met you before when I lived in Sacramento. I'll PM you. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON "gina62!"

Hope you were able to find the movie (but NOT the bottle rockets!). :) Let me know when you do ever get to see it what you think of it!!

Sharon

For anyone that missed IMGL in Toronto last Fall, or just didn't get enough, it's playing at the Cumberland Theatre until at least Thursday, October 1st (may be extended longer??)

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Thanks for the info! I may have to go see it again if I can. Hopefully it gets extended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't gone to see it though it opened here on Friday. I'm not feeling well, and I don't want to cough and hack the entire way through. :(

I suck.

I totally and royally suck.

I was waiting for payday, as I didn't get paid in the month of September, and I got paid on Thursday.

Well, I looked at the schedule at the theater that it was playing at in Boise....and I missed it.

F-word. I'm a bit bummed. :(

Rather ironically, it opened here the night before the U2 concert. I didn't really want to burn myself out in one weekend, but I just got around to seeing it yesterday. It's awesome! And for me still being partial newbie, I was like "Oh my God! I get to see inside Headly Grange!!" I must say, Jimmy, The Edge & Jack White may seem like a strange combonation, but they have chemistry. It has quite a few funny moments.

We were at the consession stand before the show started & I had on my Hermit/71 Tour hoodie like always & the old guy working the drink machine grinned at me & said "You've got on the right shirt to see that movie" :)

Archived