Led Zeppelin Dances On Air, by Lisa Robinson

Thank you so much, Otto! :thanku:

A few things that stood out to me in this article:

Robert saying that there was no room for wives on the tour, LOL, because the band members "either go out and get drunk or read a book" after their gigs. Did he really think that the readers would believe this, or for that matter, that Lisa Robinson believed it? Or their wives believed it? :lol::lol::lol:

Jimmy mastering the three finger technique of quitar playing after his finger injury: "I'll go back home and work out the three finger then a two finger technique for the next time that I have an accident, which I am bound to have at the start of an important tour. I'll be ready." He must be a psychic as this predicted the finger injury before the 2007 O2 concert.

How upset Bonzo was at Karen Carpenter topping the poll in the best rock drummer category.

The guy at the hotel bar saying to Robert: "You look very queeny". :lol::lol::lol:

When Richard Cole prevented the reporter from going into the dressing room with Jimmy, Robert, and John Paul during Bonzo's solo of Moby Dick, saying that the band needed a rest and were having a meeting. Yeah, right! :D

When Lisa wrote" "Drat - I have yet to see this band really act like ruffians". She had to eat those words later, didn't she? LOL

How Robert said that he enjoyed getting to play the guitar on one track recorded at Bron Yr Aur, and that he liked playing Bonzo's drum kit, when permitted by Bonzo.

And finally, my favorite quote from the article: Robert - "It's not that we think we are the best qroup in the world. It's just that we think that we are so much better than whoever is number two."!!!

And he has no clue who is number two, LOL.

Again, many thanks for the articles, Otto. I greatly appreciate them and enjoy reading them. Keep 'em coming! :)

Edited to fix my spelling of Bron-Yr-Aur, or however the heck you spell it, let alone pronounce it. The song that Robert played guitar on was Down By The Seaside.

Thank you so much, Otto! :thanku:

A few things that stood out to me in this article:

Tks to Otto for posting this...I remember Lisa spoke about bits and pieces in the Vanity Fair Issue sometime after 2000...

I loved your list and I would add just couple more....I loved what Bonzo said "Will you all shut up I am trying to get some sleep"......well, Danny Goldberg writes in his recent book, HE was trying to get some sleep and Bonzo stood outside...come on Goldilocks, I know you are in there...

another thing, the Party after the Nassau Colsum concert...Miss P. attended this party with the List of exact Rock stars mentioned here...she writes in Take another Piece of My Heart that it was a party in a not so well lit room, very short list, some illegal substance supplier's premises....(She painted a very dark picture)...

Robert reminded me about the "snow" :D ....it was my first Canadian Winter as my folks settled from India, being here for Six months at 13 years of Age...I was beginning to hear rock music....I wish I had gone to Montreal...

...very nostalgic...... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently said that I have read almost every book/and or magazine article on Led Zeppelin that I could find. That is a true statment, however, I must admit that this is the first time that I have read this complete article (I was only 4 years old when this article came out in 1975). I have read bits and pieces of this article but not completely. I found some very good and interesting "insights" into the band and each individual member from the statements and quotes they gave to Lisa Robinson. Again, very "insightful".

I must say that I still have that Creem magazine but I'm ashamed to say that it's cut to pieces. My brother and I used to cut out every article and every pic we could find on Zep and tack it to our bedroom wall.(In the 70's our bedroom was the whole 3rd story of the house and it had tons of wall space.We'd buy two mags if it had pics on both sides of one page.

I have a file folder here(that's bulging at it's seams) that has almost every thing we saved.I'll have to ask my brother if he has a pic of the room.

I must say that I still have that Creem magazine but I'm ashamed to say that it's cut to pieces. My brother and I used to cut out every article and every pic we could find on Zep and tack it to our bedroom wall.(In the 70's our bedroom was the whole 3rd story of the house and it had tons of wall space.We'd buy two mags if it had pics on both sides of one page.

I have a file folder here(that's bulging at it's seams) that has almost every thing we saved.I'll have to ask my brother if he has a pic of the room.

That's pretty much what my friends and I did too Rorer. Bedroom walls plastered in Zeppelin. As much as I wish I'd saved all of those old mags and pics, it was all good fun at the time and that was what it was all about.

Thanks for posting this Otto

Archived