Dazed or No Quarter

tom kid

I was wondering what people preferred out of the two longest tracks Zeppelin ever performed live. I myself find myself these days listening to No Quarter a whole lot more than Dazed, specifically the '77 versions. I can't get enough of them.

Sooo... Which epic do you prefer?

I would say Dazed and Confused , I love the tempo changes in this song it has a cresendo effect that I feel No Quarter lacks. No Quarter is an excellent song and has that quality church organ feel. Comparing these two songs is like comparing Mozart with Handel they both are superior works of art but just of two different styles.

Wow, this is a really tough choice to make. But, I think I'm going to have to go with Dazed And Confused. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the solos Jimmy pulled off in No Quarter. In fact, his solo from the TSRTS version is one of my favorite Jimmy solos. But, to me, the drastic dynamics and hard-hitting jams during Dazed And Confused are pure musical genius. I get chills when they start jamming on The Crunge during D&C on How The West Was Won. B)

I was wondering what people preferred out of the two longest tracks Zeppelin ever performed live. I myself find myself these days listening to No Quarter a whole lot more than Dazed, specifically the '77 versions. I can't get enough of them.

This is another tough one as these are both unbelievably awesome!! But if I absoluely had to chose...No Quarter..........but Dazed & Confused is right there as well..Make sense?

How's it going "tom kid?" I hope all is well with you. WOW, this is another interesting question. Both of these songs are great. This question is the same as asking who is better between Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro. To be truthful with you, this one is extremely hard for me to decide. However, if I was forced to choose one, it would be "Dazed And Confused" by a dust speck. "Dazed And Confused" Rocks and explodes because it brings out the very best in all 4 ZEPPELIN members. Then again, its just my opinion. ROCK ON!

How's it going "tom kid?" I hope all is well with you. WOW, this is another interesting question. Both of these songs are great. This question is the same as asking who is better between Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro. To be truthful with you, this one is extremely hard for me to decide. However, if I was forced to choose one, it would be "Dazed And Confused" by a dust speck. "Dazed And Confused" Rocks and explodes because it brings out the very best in all 4 ZEPPELIN members. Then again, its just my opinion. ROCK ON!

...Rocking on right along with you ZFF, this song has been transformed to perfection in its' each and every life from Jack Holmes, to Yardbirds, to Zep...IMO this song is still on a journey for endless creativity, the song has voice of its' own, incredible storyteller...

edited for Jake Holmes...rushing :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, ZeppFanForever. If you may recall, I am the one that asked who do people think is the better actor, Al Pacino or Robert DeNiro. To that question I still and will always say Bobby DeNiro. To this this question asked, I will always say "No Quarter". We both know that this is a matter of personal opinion. I, however, would rank "No Quarter" in my top five (5) greatest Led Zeppelin songs of all-time.

Do not burn me at the stake for blasphemy, but I do not like either song especially well. Though it isn't one of my favourites I would much rather listen to No Quarter than Dazed. In fact, I do not like Dazed very much at all.

The song itself? What about the amazing jams that evolved within its framework? Just curious. :beer:

Not reaching for the torches btw! :lol:

Archived