Celebration Day (Cutting Copy)

crunged

Easily the best thing about the new TSRTS DVD. I can certainly see the difference in quality regarding film - however I would swap in a second to see a whole complete MSG concert in this quality compared to the end result of TSRTS.

Which brings me onto the dissapointment in lack of usable footage for OTHAFA from the new dvd. The quality is certainly better but my dissapointment is the compilation of non related shots during Jimmy's solo and throughout the whole song.

Anyhoo, to see them rocking to Celebration day complete with the new kevin shirley mix couldn't make me happier.

Am I alone on this?

the "cutting copy" seems to be the pre edited film.... I only found one spot on this whole tune where the film does'nt match the audio and that's the wide overhead from backstage shot during the end of the jam section. It is indeed truly a blessing to have an entire new song on film that actually matches up audibly and visually....and especially a song I've been yearning to see footage of since TSRTS first came out in 76!!! It was worth buying it just for that...I agree! OTHAFA...on the other hand comes off as a chopped to death montage worthy of Mtv, not my home theater. But...the actual limited song footage is all they had to work with so it's the best we'll ever get.

the "cutting copy" seems to be the pre edited film.... I only found one spot on this whole tune where the film does'nt match the audio and that's the wide overhead from backstage shot during the end of the jam section. It is indeed truly a blessing to have an entire new song on film that actually matches up audibly and visually....and especially a song I've been yearning to see footage of since TSRTS first came out in 76!!! It was worth buying it just for that...I agree! OTHAFA...on the other hand comes off as a chopped to death montage worthy of Mtv, not my home theater. But...the actual limited song footage is all they had to work with so it's the best we'll ever get.

I gotcha- thanks. I agree as well- OTHFA is a fantastic addition- to the soundtrack!

Whenever I see that tambourine on Bonzo's hi-hat and its not Moby Dick I get a little disappointed.

But hey- just a minor quibble- although another minor one would be why didnt they give thank you the same treatment- just have the audio with a montage of shots- Now that would have been a bonus!

Archived