JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

^^ That was nice! The crowd was like that the next night in Birmingham (I think Dave was wearing the same shorts then, too!), so I know just how the kid felt, having had to escape from the mosh pit myself. :D )

The boy looked rather like the young Jason Bonham, actually.

There was that woman in Birmingham too who I am convinced surfed the crowd twice and ended up at the front and had to be lifted to the front by security. On the 2nd attempt she wrapped her legs around his neck and he had his own mosh pit for a few brief seconds ;)

There was that woman in Birmingham too who I am convinced surfed the crowd twice and ended up at the front and had to be lifted to the front by security. On the 2nd attempt she wrapped her legs around his neck and he had his own mosh pit for a few brief seconds ;)

I saw several people being lifted over the barrier by security, but luckily must have missed that part. :D

Now this is not rumor or speculation anymore, so I hope it won't be an offense to SAJ here. (You know I don't mean it. ;) )

[altsounds] Yeah, I think Steel Panther’s resident show gives it a good representation...

End of 2009, what were your highlights?

[serrina] This tour for me! It was crazy, and we got it like eight days before it started, and I was about to share the stage, although obviously in different times, with John Paul Jones! The other day he called me out of my dressing room to meet Robert Plant, a big deal to me. I don’t think I could be star struck but I have enormous respect for these people, so I would say for sure this was my highlight.

This is from an interview of Altsounds with Sweethead, the opening band for TCV. Serrina Sims is their volicast.

the whole interview is here

Now this is not rumor or speculation anymore, so I hope it won't be an offense to SAJ here.

Fair enough - we have a new quote confirming Robert Plant did attend at least one TCV gig on their UK tour.

Now a bit of conjecture if I may towards establishing which concert on the tour she is referring to. We know the interview was conducted prior to them going onstage in Hammersmith (12/17 or 12/18) and she says "..."the other day...pulled me out of my dressing room to meet Robert Plant" suggests that didn't happen in Hammersmith, as the interview was conducted there immediately before they went on stage and she didn't say "yesterday" (interview was probably conducted at the first Hammersmith show anyway). They only opened for TCV in the UK, leaving us with 12/10 Plymouth, 12/11 Portsmith, 12/13 Blackpool, 12/14 Birmingham, & 12/15 Edinburgh. She didn't say "at the last gig..." which leads me to believe it wasn't Edinburgh, however given that was two to three days prior what she did say doesn't rule it out either. I should note he could also have attended either Hammersmith gig but not met her a second time.

At last, substantiation!

It appears that he was hanging around backstage, so that explains why nobody spotted him as he was keeping a low profile.

At least he didn't do "the special guest thing" and join them on stage, as good as it would be he was being respectful to his colleague. wink.gif

As to where, Birmingham seems reasonable given the time of year, assuming he still has family there.

Hopefully it inspired Robert to return to the stage no matter what direction that may be.

2010 is turning out to be very interesting regarding the lads.

I didn't see him at Birmingham but then i wasn't looking for him.

Given that he lives not too far from there it would make sense that he attended that show, but he does also have property in London so......

Hey Steve,

Are you planning to catch TCV in the Antipodes over the next few weeks?

I'd love too but it's unlikely given airfare/travel expenses involved, and Jimmy in Beijing must also be considered,

among other events and occasions. I should know for certain in about ten days.

I'd love too but it's unlikely given airfare/travel expenses involved, and Jimmy in Beijing must also be considered,

among other events and occasions. I should know for certain in about ten days.

Wait and see what happens I guess.

Yeah, who knew the A$ would be so high?

The first TV ad (that I've seen) for TCV in Sydney was just shown on local TV.

The first show is sold out but there are tickets left for the second, 27/01/10.

Except for the "follow" posters and JJJ radio there has been until now, no ads on TV or in the print media.

Them Crooked Vultures CD is really good, especially the last half of it.

You can really hear the Zeppelin influence. JPJ was always so quiet but he was defiantly a powerful influence in the music of LZ.

I would like them to put out more music. I'd buy it.

I have a question, what the heck does it matter what gig Robert was at?

rolleyes.gif

Initially there was speculation as to if either Robert or Jimmy would attend one of the UK gigs at all. Now that it has been confirmed Robert did, it's understandable some would wish to know which one.

TVC on ACL:

Apparently, Feb 13 looks to be the broadcast date for Them Crooked Vultures on Austin City Limits on PBS

http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/blog-1126-austin-city-limits-gets-bastardized.html

I was just wondering about this today. I knew it was going to broadcasted soon on PBS but couldn't remember when.

Thanks!

Attention:

I saw an ad on the PBS station I receive, WQLN, from Erie PA..they were talking about a cutback in funding. They were looking for supporters/members to sustain their station..

WQLN is a great station....when I get disgusted with regular (Canadian and US) networks..I switch to WQLN and I am refresehed with their format..

Juliet

LONG LIVE PBS

Archived