JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

A few of us on front row!!!

TCVmeandcrowdoriginal.jpg

Finally ran into TypeO after the event!! Tried my best to save a spot up front!!! Great to meet up with him! I tell you it was amazing! They made quite a few jokes at each other... You have to see them live... JPJ ROCKED and did get the loudest applause from the audience...and it was loud, both the music and the crowd!! What a night what an event!!

TCvDebTypeO2.jpg

Last few for now:-)

TCVJPJandHommeplaying.jpg

TCVHommeandChrisplating.jpg

The blues solo that Alain Johannes did was freakin awesome!! All of it was and they had so fun much together and JPJ was moving so much and smiling!! i was pointing at JPJ and then Grohl and I got a smile from Grohl and several from JPJ...as you can tell still on cloud 9!!!!!

This was funny as JPJ walked over to the sound guy on the other side of the stage while still continuing to play and smiled at the guy..like wake up!! Great!!

TCVJPJgoestosidestage.jpg

Then JPJ took a water break...and Homme was having fun with the crowd and we were having just as much back!! Grohl flipped a few drum sticks and one flew in the crowd and Homme stated ..."It's not Food" :lol: ...because of course everyone wanted to catch it. I tell you the chemistry of this band is awesome!

TCVJPJGrohlwater2.jpg

And here is our JPJ singing and playing and having a great time....

TCVJPJplayingbassansdsinging-1.jpg

And by the way I literally have no voice today from yelling and cheering!!! Well worth it as all I can say :thumbsup: and as always Mr. JPJ :bravo:

:notworthy:

And here is the t-shirt and poster I bought for me and one of each just like it for a great friend :D

TCVtshirtposterTabernacle2122010.jpg

Great shots, Deborah J! I find this one funny - like a regular tour bus isn't cool enough, somebody had to "remodel the bedroom" !! WTF

I know it was really nice to see...and my favorite color is cobalt blue...also the color of Hommes guitar he was playing!! Nice tour bus.. to say the least they are :rollin:

And The Tabernacle holds 2500 people so it was the perfect size!! and the building is really nice.

And here is our JPJ singing and playing and having a great time....

TCVJPJplayingbassansdsinging-1.jpg

And by the way I literally have no voice today from yelling and cheering!!! Well worth it as all I can say :thumbsup: and as always Mr. JPJ :bravo:

:notworthy:

And here is the t-shirt and poster I bought for me and one of each just like it for a great friend :D

TCVtshirtposterTabernacle2122010.jpg

I love there tour posters! Can't wait to see there Vegas poster!

The show at the Tabernacle last night was BEYOND AMAZING. I waited over 4 hours in freezing weather to be front row, literally 10 feet from JPJ. The band was on fire and the crowd was just as fired up. The energy in the building was explosive! I still cannot believe I was so close to JPJ!!! Here are a few pictures..and a few more coming!

The guys have succeeded at bringing fun back to rock n roll and seem to be having so much fun themselves. So glad you had fun too!

Way to go you Rock and Roll Trooper!!! and many thanx for the awesome pix.

Four Hours in line in the freezing cold. You know how to do it right!!

Doesn't the slow build of the anticipation of the show make it that much more special?

Everyone hanging out for a common cause, spending their whole day chatting about the band, all for two hours of bliss. You gotta just love it!!

I can't wait til my next general admission show! They are so much better than seated shows.

Way to go you Rock and Roll Trooper!!! and many thanx for the awesome pix.

Four Hours in line in the freezing cold. You know how to do it right!!

Doesn't the slow build of the anticipation of the show make it that much more special?

Everyone hanging out for a common cause, spending their whole day chatting about the band, all for two hours of bliss. You gotta just love it!!

I can't wait til my next general admission show! They are so much better than seated shows.

hello bigzepfan!

Yes I actually got a lot of email contacts from people to stay in touch with and talked with a lot of young people about the Zeppelin days and seeing them live in 73 and 75. We all have that common bond of the music. One girl drove in from FL with her boyfriend and two of his friends, so I gave her a blanket from my car so she could stay warm as she was not used to the weather. Then the guy on the right of me in front row in the picture I posted , went and got me a huge cup of coffee which helped tremendously and he was old enough to remember the Zeppelin days as well. I talked to so many young fans about JPJ's Thunderthief and Zooma so I expect they will be buying those and keeping the music alive. We all talked about Jimmy, Robert and Bonzo as well. I mean 4 hours gives you a lot of time to talk.

We would take turns holding each others place in line so we could go to the restaurant across the street and warm up a bit. It was really awesome at the bonds that music can form. I also told a lot of them about the LZ and JPJ forum.

It will go down as one of the greatest memories of my life!!!

Grohl looks like Bonham here.

Hello 2bitnogoodjive!

He does, especially while playing. I have to admit there were a few moments looking at JPJ that I pictured Robert blasting those vocals and Jimmy doing his famous riffs and Grohl beat those drums almost as our Bonzo would. (not taking anything away from the other members of TCV) but I did close my eyes during JPJ's solo on keyboards for a few seconds and went back in time.

IT WAS AWESOME!!! If they are even close to you, you have to go see them live. This band has such a good time together and it just flows into the audience:-) They involve the audience as well and that is the difference in just a concert verses an EVENT IMHO.

I now listen to the CD with a whole new light as the CD is great but live they are AMAZING!!

Archived