JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

• Administrators

Them Crooked Vultures, supergroup

Updated on 18 December 2009

By Channel 4 News

Stephanie West meets Them Crooked Vultures - Foo Fighter's Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stone Age's Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones.

She talked to the supergroup just before they took to the stage in Hammersmith, London.

"I knew Josh for years," Grohl explains. "We thought we would do something outside of out bands, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age.

"So we finished touring with our other bands, and I thought 'hey, wouldn't it be nice to have John Paul Jones come and play base with the band'. He joined us in the studio, and here we are."

Homme said they kept the band quite because "we were genuinely excited to be playing together and we didn't need any of the outside pressures or opinions. We just sort of enjoyed playing with eachother."

John Paul Jones said he did not really care about being called a supergroup, except it had "manufactured" connotations.

"The fact that we do have individual reputations, I think is really good," he said. "Because people will also give us a listen - there's so much music out there to pick through and figure out."

Grohl said the Foo Fighters were "just taking a break".

"We've been a band a long time and we've never really taken a substantial break," he said. "It's nice - everybody's off doing other things. We still love each other and talk to each other all the time, and we'll make another record when it's time."

The three said that they played paper, scissor, stone to decide who took which role in the band. "Works every time," said Grohl.

13 min interview Video -> Channel 4 - interview

Rock supergroup swoop for spectacular night

Them Crooked Vultures

Birmingham O2 Academy

Words and pictures by James Watkins

Shropshire Star

December 15, 2009

New sensationalist rock "supergroup" Them Crooked Vultures – or TCV as they are now commonly known – landed in the Midlands on Monday night to unleash songs from their huge-selling self-titled debut album.

The momentous collaboration of some of rock's finest in messers Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters/Nirvana), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), brought about an air of anticipation that the O2 Academy has never before seen.

Instead of the band being assembled like a rich-man's football play-thing, this remarkable formation has been brought about through the band's initiator, Dave Grohl, who declared his desire to start a new project.

Grohl was keen to give up the microphone and centre stage and revert to his tub-thumping Nirvana days of being hidden behind the drumkit.

Little did anybody know who was waiting in the wings, in the form of former Led Zeppelin bassist, John Paul Jones, and Queens of the Stone Age vocalist, Josh Homme.

With their five-date UK tour selling out in mere minutes, TCV have already begun to take the world by storm with their unparalleled gutsy sound and fresh ideas.

Walking onto the stage looking stunned as the Birmingham crowd as they broke into a furore of noise, TCV quite literally started the show with a bang by playing the impressive Nobody Loves Me, that saw the 3,000-strong crowd jumping up and down to its pounding bass line and clinical drums.

Monday was one of those evenings when fans felt privileged to be witnessing something special and something very different – for me it was seeing Dave Grohl reunited with his drum kit, but for many, the sight of Led Zeppelin's lesser well-known band member stomping up and down the stage like a marching guard alongside Josh Homme was sheer ecstasy.

Rolling through album tracks Scumbag Blues, Elephants and Mind Eraser, it fast became clear that this was the best performance of the year at the all-new Academy.

Simply put – TCV were just in a different league to any other rock band of the year. Maybe it was the rawness of the sound or the over the top jamming that added an extra dimension to each song – or maybe it was just a band that thoroughly understands their music. After all they have amassed millions of album sales between them over the past two decades and they're playing for the love of it – not the money.

Finishing the 90 minute set-list with Reptiles and an extended version of Warsaw, the crowd showed their appreciation for TCV's immense grandeur with a thunderous ovation that seemed to last an eternity.

All that was left was for the world's finest "supergroup" to join arms and take a bow in front of their newly-adoring fans asking the question. Are TCV ready to take on the world or is the world ready for Them Crooked Vultures?

http://www.shropshir...ctacular-night/

Rock royalty on fire at Pavilions

​Them Crooked Vultures

Plymouth Pavilions

Review by Lee Trewhela

Cornish Guardian

Friday, December 11, 2009, 10:49

THE excitement in a packed Pavilions was palpable – genuine rock royalty were kicking off their seven-date UK tour in the South West.

Though they have publicly denied it, Them Crooked Vultures are a supergroup and what do supergroups traditionally enjoy?

Furious muso masturbation that's what.

For 45 minutes it looked as though the band – Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) on guitar and vocals, Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) on drums and backing vocals and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) on bass – had bucked the trend.

They were on fire – their raw and groovesome mix of classic rock (definite hints of Cream and The Doors) and more modern noisemongers (the unhinged riffola of The Jesus Lizard lurks beneath the surface) hit the spot on more straight-ahead rockers likes Mind Eraser, No Chaser and Dead End Friends.

This isn't simply a vanity project, there is genuine chemistry between the band members – Grohl's powerhouse drumming (which took me back to the eight times Nirvana blew me away – now I'm bragging) has already featured in the breakthrough line-up of Homme's Queens of the Stone Age, and John Paul Jones has previously worked with Grohl on the Foo Fighters' In Your Honor album.

Supertight – and with the added firepower and vocal dexterity of Queens guitarist Alain Johannes – they were obviously loving every moment of the gig.

That was the trouble – towards the end of the 90-minute concert, the band might as well have been jamming in their garage (albeit a mansion-sized one with their shared wealth).

An unnamed new song was simply a dirge, with Jones playing an intricate folky riff on his bass – like one of Led Zep's more outré moments.

The final Warsaw was excessive and neverending. The members traded solos, it got dark and grizzled like one of Homme's nauseous, psychedelic Desert Sessions; okay if you've loaded up on copious amounts of drugs and live in an alternative 1973 but not really what we want in 2009 in a cavernous venue, where all nuance is lost.

The ending may have marred what had gone before, but the first three-quarters was, at times, stunning.

The grizzled hard rock riffing of Scumbag Blues and the metal-disco stomp of Gunman were pure Zeppelin, and it was multi-instrumentalist Jones who stole the show, flitting from all manner of bass guitars to a lovely piano solo and even the dreaded keytar.

That terrifying token of the prog years was strapped on for what was actually one of the gig's highlights – Interlude With Ludes saw Homme discard his guitar, crooning and sashaying across the stage like some louche Ginger Elvis.

It's his velvet and whisky voice which sets all the music he touches apart from run-of-the-mill heavy rock.

When fronting a genuinely stunning song like Bandoliers (the highlight of both the set and their debut album) there is no one who can touch him; you could be forgiven for forgetting a flailing Grohl behind him.

Stretching only one album's worth of material to concert length was their downfall – but come that second album they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Slideshow Link:

http://www.thisiscor...il/article.html

The best new band in the world?

Barnesy's Blog Party

East Anglian Daily Times

December 14, 2009

THERE's a moment, about three minutes into Them Crooked Vultures' debut album, when you realise why these three rock heavyweights got together.

It's the biggest, dirtiest riff I've heard in years. Maybe even since the debut album of the band of the moment, and saviours of Christmas, Rage Against The Machine.

I had my doubts about the band. Was it just Queens Of The Stone Age with an all-star rhythm section? And aren't all "supergroups" just vanity projects?

Well, maybe, yes, but this album is an absolute beast. I've been trying to work out my top 10 albums of what hasn't exactly been a vintage year, and this is a late and serious contender for the top spot.

Check out that ferocious opener, No-One Loves Me and Neither Do I. Or Elephants, or Gunman, or Scumbag Blues, or Mind Eraser, No Chaser. All great.

The opening riff for Elephants is just sensational. It could be Led Zeppelin at the peak of their powers. Josh Homme's dark imagery and ice cold delivery are business as usual for him, but it's his guitar and those riffs that dominate the album.

Homme and Dave Grohl have hugely successful day jobs in Queens and Foo Fighters, but I have to admit I almost prefer what they've done here.

John Paul Jones, at 63, has every right to put his feet up and not play another note in his life. But the fact he's playing - brilliantly, on bass and on keys - in the best new band in the world is testament to his greatness.

Of course, there is more than a shade of Led Zeppelin in Them Crooked Vultures. But I can't work it out - is that because Jones is in the band, or do all rock bands sound like Led Zeppelin?

If they sound like this, we've just got to hope that this album isn't a one-off.

http://www.eadt.co.u...14/1927785.aspx

Next supergroup is here

By David Reed

The Intelligencer (Belleville, Canada)

December 11, 2009

THEM CROOKED VULTURES (DGC Records, 2009)

The next supergroup has arrived. Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) on guitar and vocals and Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) on drums have joined forces with legendary Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones to form an exciting new power trio called Them Crooked Vultures.

The band's self-titled debut album is a welcome change from the contrived formula pop that has dominated the airwaves for years, due to the unfortunate popularity of the American Idol phenomenon. Them Crooked Vultures are making bold and angry rock with no concern for airplay or expectations. The songs sound like the band is letting the music happen, instead of trying to fit it into sonic cookie cutters (a shameless technique mastered by Nickleback).

We can only assume that the iconic influence of John Paul Jones has had a profound effect on the music, because Zeppelin was never known for following trends or playing by the rules. In fairness to Grohl and Homme, their respective bands are also forward-thinking and unapologetic.

John Homme handles most of the lead vocals and rips off some truly epic guitar work. Grohl returns to the drum throne (a post he held with Nirvana) and pounds the snot out of his kit. As expected, Jones lays down some thick and nasty bass lines and gives us some tasty keyboard work on a few tracks.

No One Loves Me & Neither Do I opens the album with the resounding pulse of Grohl's drums. Warsaw Or The First Breath You Take After You Give Up is a bizarre track that blends elements of the Doors and Nine Inch Nails.

Elephants is a seven-minute riff showcase that is an obvious nod to Jimmy Page.

Interludes with Ludes is an appropriately-titled psychedelic trip. (Ludes is a slang term for Quaaludes, or methaqualone). This track is like a tripped out version of Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds with more snarl and punch.

Other standout tracks include New Fang, Scumbag Blues, Reptiles and Gunman.

On each track you can feel the chemistry, and the sheer excitement that Homme and Grohl have for rocking with John Paul Jones. A little healthy hero-worship can be an inspiring thing. The results of this merger are superb.

http://www.intellige....aspx?e=2216619

Them Crooked Vultures – Live at Hammersmith Apollo 17/12/09

By Colin Miller

Wandsworth Guardian

Friday 18th December 2009

When it was announced that Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones were teaming up to form a band called "Them Crooked Vultures", eyebrows were naturally raised.

With John Paul Jones on bass and Dave Grohl back behind the drum kit, it could be argued talented Queens of the Stone Age singer/songwriter Josh Homme had been graced with one the best rhythm sections imaginable.

Drawing on the collective talent acquired during their time in their respective bands – Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters/Nirvana and of course Led Zeppelin – the band played an hour and half set that mostly consisted of tracks from their debut album.

Opening with the blues number "Nobody Loves Me and Neither Do I", the band quickly settled themselves on the stage, and by the time the the song reached its explosive crescendo, it was clear the Vultures were on top form.

After a couple of songs, Josh Homme introduced the band. Starting off with Dave Grohl and then Alain Johannes, the biggest cheer of the evening was reserved for John Paul Jones (the English homeboy and Led Zeppelin legend).

Throughout the set the band showcased their musical abilities by venturing off from the established songs on the album and exploring new territory. During the performance of Scumbag Blues, the guitars dropped out and gave Dave Grohl (drums) and John Paul Jones (bass) the opportunity to have a bit of fun.

Joining the band on stage was multi-instrumentalist Alain Johannes, assisting the band mostly on second guitar. Playing the odd solo here and there and occasionally dropping off to play something else, like the clavinet, his addition brought a lot of depth to the show.

One highlight of the show was the creepy and haunting Interludes With Ludes. Not only did John Paul Jones come on stage with a keytar (a purchase from eBay apparently), prompting Josh Homme to state "only he could make that look good", but the frontman then proceeded to dance round on stage whilst singing the song. For an individual who is rarely seen not playing guitar, this brought a refreshing change to the evening.

"Elephants" proved to be popular, sounding even more energetic than the album version and highlighting how disciplined the band have become with all the changes in tempo spot on.

Another highlight was Gunman, dedicated to "all the boozers" and featuring the funkiest guitar riff possible, along with some perfectly timed breaks. Needless to say the audience was quickly whipped up into a frenzy.

New songs were also given an airing. The song "The Way We Were" saw John Paul Jones take to the mandolin, yet still managed to sound as solid and heavy as their other songs.

Other favourites included Bandoliers, Spinning in Daffodils, Dead End Friends and Reptiles.

The band finished the set with "Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up", once again venturing off into new territory, only to come back to its hook line at the very last moment.

Ultimately the band were on top form, and as musically tight and disciplined as you would expect given their musical credentials. They were clearly having fun, something that makes a big difference when seeing a band live.

As the band got together and bowed to the audience, it was clear that they felt honoured to play to such a receptive crowd. Equally, the same crowd clearly felt honoured to have witnessed four musicians performing at the top of their game.

http://www.wandswort...smith_17_12_09/

Them Crooked Vultures

Birmingham O2 Academy

Shropshire Star

December 15, 2009

New sensationalist rock "supergroup" Them Crooked Vultures – or TCV as they are now commonly known – landed in the Midlands on Monday night to unleash songs from their huge-selling self-titled debut album.

The momentous collaboration of some of rock's finest in messers Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters/Nirvana), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), brought about an air of anticipation that the O2 Academy has never before seen.

Instead of the band being assembled like a rich-man's football play-thing, this remarkable formation has been brought about through the band's initiator, Dave Grohl, who declared his desire to start a new project.

Grohl was keen to give up the microphone and centre stage and revert to his tub-thumping Nirvana days of being hidden behind the drumkit.

Little did anybody know who was waiting in the wings, in the form of former Led Zeppelin bassist, John Paul Jones, and Queens of the Stone Age vocalist, Josh Homme.

With their five-date UK tour selling out in mere minutes, TCV have already begun to take the world by storm with their unparalleled gutsy sound and fresh ideas.

Walking onto the stage looking stunned as the Birmingham crowd as they broke into a furore of noise, TCV quite literally started the show with a bang by playing the impressive Nobody Loves Me, that saw the 3,000-strong crowd jumping up and down to its pounding bass line and clinical drums.

Monday was one of those evenings when fans felt privileged to be witnessing something special and something very different – for me it was seeing Dave Grohl reunited with his drum kit, but for many, the sight of Led Zeppelin's lesser well-known band member stomping up and down the stage like a marching guard alongside Josh Homme was sheer ecstasy.

Rolling through album tracks Scumbag Blues, Elephants and Mind Eraser, it fast became clear that this was the best performance of the year at the all-new Academy.

Simply put – TCV were just in a different league to any other rock band of the year. Maybe it was the rawness of the sound or the over the top jamming that added an extra dimension to each song – or maybe it was just a band that thoroughly understands their music. After all they have amassed millions of album sales between them over the past two decades and they're playing for the love of it – not the money.

Finishing the 90 minute set-list with Reptiles and an extended version of Warsaw, the crowd showed their appreciation for TCV's immense grandeur with a thunderous ovation that seemed to last an eternity.

All that was left was for the world's finest "supergroup" to join arms and take a bow in front of their newly-adoring fans asking the question. Are TCV ready to take on the world or is the world ready for Them Crooked Vultures?

"Little did anybody know"????

Great band (great evening in general)--but they could really use a strong frontman, IMO.

"Little did anybody know"????

Great band (great evening in general)--but they could really use a strong frontman, IMO.

Why?

Homme is great with the guitar and vocals. Should he shake his bottom a bit more for you or what is it that you want? Nothing generally against people who are a bit more, uh, lively but I don't think every band needs a (no offense ment) Robert Plant.

The State (South Carolina)

Friday, Dec. 18, 2009

CD Reviews

Them Crooked Vultures, "Them Crooked Vultures" (DGC/Interscope)

Them Crooked Vultures isn't so much a supergroup as it is a fantasy camp: Foo Fighter Dave Grohl and chum Josh

Homme (from Queens of the Stone Age) trade riffs and swarthy thunder-rock with Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones.

Grohl loves sitting in with his heroes, from Nine Inch Nails to Paul McCartney, and he's in a constant battle with Jack White over who can star in more side projects. But that restless spirit is born of fanboy love, and you just know he's sporting a big goofy grin as he makes like John "Bonzo" Bonham, crashing the cymbals behind the kit.

Homme is having a blast, too, wailing like a '70s stoner-rock god and shredding like a guitar hero as the legendary JPJ leads with bass lines and keyboard hooks more acrobatic than the next. It's not all a Zep homage, although "New Fang" definitely has a Trampled Under Foot stutter-swagger to it.

Cuts range from the deep, purply prog stomp of "Caligulove" to the faux-acidic White Room swirls of "Scumbag Blues." Lyrics run from femme fatales to topical malaise, but the complex rhythms and multilayers of racket (including Grohl's Foo-ey backing vocals) are more important than the silly-pompous meaning of "Mind Eraser," "No Chaser" or "No One Loves Me & Neither Do I."

It all gets a bit sloggy by album's end, but you'll have a ton of fun before you need a break. Reminds us of: Cream, with hairier knuckles.

- Sean Daly, St. Petersburg Times

http://www.thestate....ry/1075199.html

Went to the Hammersmith show on the 17th, have to say they played as though they had been together for ten years, really enjoyable and were even better live than the cd.JPJ got the biggest cheer of the night when josh introduced him. loved it and hope they record a 2nd cd in a few years and tour again. A worthy and valid band and it didn't seem \like just 3 guys doing this for whim.

Grohl is a much better drummer than singer/guitarist and should drum more !!!

10/10

Them Crooked Vultures, Hammersmith Apollo, London

By Ludovic Hunter-Tilney

Financial Times

Published: December 20 2009

A few rock star pals with too much time on their hands fool around in the studio, choose a silly band name and record a self-indulgent album: thus is born the typical rock supergroup.

There are of course exceptions such as Cream and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. But in general the supergroup proves, like AOL-Time Warner or the Soviet Union, that bigger isn't necessarily better. To put it another way: place Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty in a room together and what do you get? The Traveling Wilburys.

Them Crooked Vultures tick most of the supergroup boxes. They've got a daft name. They've got a rhythm section to give hard rock fans goosebumps, with Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones on bass and Nirvana's Dave Grohl on drums. Expectation runs high; the risk of disappointment is great.

Grohl came on first at the Apollo to a big cheer, which turned into a sustained ovation when Jones emerged. Lead guitarist and vocalist Josh Homme was warmly applauded, while the last member, a bald chap who plays rhythm guitar in Homme's band Queens of the Stone Age, received cursory acknowledgement. The difference illustrated a central difficulty of supergroup dynamics: its members tend not to be equally super.

They opened with "No One Loves Me & Neither Do I", the first track from their self-titled album. A crunching drum intro from Grohl was followed by grinding riffs and alternate ascending and descending bass lines, the perfect match for Homme's Jekyll and Hyde lyrics about self-indulgence and self-loathing. Evidently there were no problems with this supergroup's dynamics.

Bonding appears to have taken place over a shared love of heavy psychedelic rock. "Elephants" opened with a boogying Led Zep riff but then twisted off in search of darker pastures. "Interludes with Ludes" was woozy head music, sung by Homme in a louche croon.

The Queens of the Stone Age frontman is less well known than Grohl or Jones, but he led the band with swagger. Built like a bull, swigging from a bottle and disobeying the smoking ban, he radiated a genial kind of turpitude: rock and roll, but not so rock and roll as to refuse a cake someone in the audience had baked for him.

Sing-song choruses and songs about intoxication and femmes fatales bore Homme's imprimatur. Meanwhile Grohl, long hair flying, played the drums with a mixture of control and wild force, a reminder that Nirvana became a great band after he joined them. Jones, compact and organised, looking not so much like a god of rock as a technocrat of rock, matched Grohl beat for beat, while the bass/guitar interplay between him and Homme on the Zeppelin-esque "Scumbag Blues" was electrifying.

Some of the twistier numbers came across less well in concert than on headphones. But a triumphant finale with the sinister glam rock stomp of "Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up" confirmed Them Crooked Vultures as that rare beast: a supergroup that truly merits the term. (3d8e8a90-ac5a-11de-a754-00144feabdc0.gif)

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feab49a.html

Grohl says supergroup will 'make more albums'

BBC Radio One Newsbeat

Page last updated at 11:23 GMT, Monday, 21 December 2009

Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl says Them Crooked Vultures, his band featuring Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, is a long term project. The 'supergroup' released their self-titled debut album in November after making their UK live debut supporting Arctic Monkeys in August in London.

Grohl explained that he expects the new group to run alongside his work with Foo Fighters.

He said: "You put the three of us together in a room something, is going to happen. I don't think we'll have any trouble making five, six, seven records if we want to. It's just a matter of when and where and how."

'Fun band' He added: "I wouldn't want to stop doing it - it's a fun band to be in."

Grohl, who plays drums in the band, revealed they have some unfinished material lying around from their first album sessions.

But the unit won't be neglecting their other outfits, Grohl confirmed there will be a new Foo Fighters album "at some point - definitely".

He added: "It is tough because doing this is the greatest thing in the world and our other bands are awesome too. It's just a matter of trying to figure out how to do them all. We're here now and it's a nice place to be."

http://news.bbc.co.u...00/10003590.stm

Them Crooked Vultures

Birmingham O2 Academy

Shropshire Star

December 15, 2009

i was there and the review is pretty much as i saw it.

Them Crooked Vultures

Them Crooked Vultures

By Dave Gil de Rubio

East Bay Express (Oakland/San Francisco)

December 23, 2009

You could call 2009 the year of the supergroup. Not only did Jack White spin off his umpteenth side project, but Tinted Windows became the musical intersection for members of Smashing Pumpkins, Hanson, Cheap Trick, and Fountains of Wayne. Dave Grohl, no stranger to this concept thanks to his 2004 death-metal homage, Probot, formed Them Crooked Vultures with longtime buddy Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and legendary Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones.

Supergroups invariably sound better on paper than in reality, but Them Crooked Vultures sounds pretty tight. A mix of plodding stoner rock, strutting Seventies boogie, and ethereal prog, it certainly has its share of high points. With Jones' chugging basslines prodding Homme's meandering vocals and multilayered riffs, "Reptiles" reverberates with the DNA of something off In Through the Out Door. Also notable is "Gunman," an industrial-rock flavored shuffle that falls somewhere between Nine Inch Nails and Stone Temple Pilots. "Scumbag Blues" is a stomper goosed along by Jones' clavinet and Homme sounding and singing like Jack Bruce's illegitimate son. Throughout, Grohl provides a rock-solid bottom with the kind of percussive skill he sometimes gets overlooked for possessing.

But Them Crooked Vultures end up being good instead of great thanks to overindulgences like "Warsaw of the First Breath You Take After You Give Up," a carnival-like mishmash of time changes that's as unwieldy as its title. Or the spacey ethereality of "Interlude With Ludes," which sounds as trippy as you might think a song bearing that moniker would. (DGC/Interscope)

http://www.eastbayex...ent?oid=1536606

Why?

Homme is great with the guitar and vocals. Should he shake his bottom a bit more for you or what is it that you want? Nothing generally against people who are a bit more, uh, lively but I don't think every band needs a (no offense ment) Robert Plant.

You really think you're unrecognizable under another name, don't you? :rolleyes:

"Why?" Because I don't think Homme IS much of a vocalist. (And, irrelevant though it is, since we're talking about TCV, I don't think Plant was ever a particularly lively vocalist, either.)

You really think you're unrecognizable under another name, don't you? :rolleyes:

"Why?" Because I don't think Homme IS much of a vocalist. (And, irrelevant though it is, since we're talking about TCV, I don't think Plant was ever a particularly lively vocalist, either.)

Sorry but you are confusing me for someone else here...this is the only name I've been under here, ever.

Has anyone ever heard of Eric Ferry? Wow what a blazing groove drummer. He plays rock, blues, jazz and fusion, but he told me he is a big Bonham fan and it shows. I have seen him play the same songs with different feels and he leaves space in the grooves. I 1st saw him at the Baked Potato in Hollywood, CA. I think he is on the East coast now, near the Boston area. When I saw him play Good times bad times, he was using a double pedal, which I would not do, but he rocked harder than anyone I have ever seen.

Archived