JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

Hi, Steve. I thought a Foo Fighters song and a Led Zeppelin song for the encore was to be expected. Not having an encore was very clever of them indeed.

No doubt Steve, a Zepp tune or a Foo tune at the end would have been very cool, but very predictible. In this case going against the grain and standing on their own merit exudes confidence in their material which is exciting! Im sure if they are to do a tour we're bound to hear a few classics! :drool:

Can't wait to hear the new album when it comes out in October.

What an outstanding thread! As always Steve, thanks for the timely info! :thumbsup:

No. But there had been discussion as to whether they would do material from their former bands. OK?

All im saying is this project appears to be centered around "fresh"and ORIGINAL material and not covers and reworked material. ;)

Sounds very Zeppelinish. :D

[/quo

Agreed. Once this project hits the shelves, my guess is that the respect for JPJ and his contribution to Zeppelin's sound will go to new heights. He truly is a brilliant musician, and I couldn't be happier for him.

All im saying is this project appears to be centered around "fresh"and ORIGINAL material and not covers and reworked material. ;)

That's exactly what I said. Did you read my post? I said the project sounded very promising, NOT LEAST because it wasn't full of Zeppelin material. I don't get what you're disagreeing with!

That's exactly what I said. Did you read my post? I said the project sounded very promising, NOT LEAST because it wasn't full of Zeppelin material. I don't get what you're disagreeing with!

No disagreement whatsoever, just a little innuendo that's all! The use of the words original, reworked and covers from my original post and the emphasis I put on them, specifically "reworked" and "covers" refered to my opinion of what Robert's last project with Allison Krauss was.

Although a big fan of Plant, didn't care much for the reworked Zepp tunes and covers he and Allison sang. Just having a bit of fun, back on topic...... :D

Although, yes, I am a huge Led Zeppelin and John Paul Jones fan, I am somewhat disconserted about the name of this new project. The Crooked Vultures? I guess it does not matter what the name of the group is, as long as it sounds good and sells. I know that I will buy this cd only on the strength of the name of JOHN PAUL JONES.

Although, yes, I am a huge Led Zeppelin and John Paul Jones fan, I am somewhat disconserted about the name of this new project. The Crooked Vultures? I guess it does not matter what the name of the group is, as long as it sounds good and sells. I know that I will buy this cd only on the strength of the name of JOHN PAUL JONES.

The name is Them Crooked Vultures. Some say $30 for a t-shirt lives up to that name,

but no one is being forced by the government to buy one...yet.

No disagreement whatsoever, just a little innuendo that's all! The use of the words original, reworked and covers from my original post and the emphasis I put on them, specifically "reworked" and "covers" refered to my opinion of what Robert's last project with Allison Krauss was.

Although a big fan of Plant, didn't care much for the reworked Zepp tunes and covers he and Allison sang. Just having a bit of fun, back on topic...... :D

:rolleyes: Of course if he sang the Zep songs like the originals, people would fault him for that too.....

Battle of Evermore and Black Country Woman gave me chills when I saw them! :D

I enjoyed it almost as much as Page/Crowes, which ironically I witnessed at the same theater. Then there's that awesome When the Levee Breaks JPJ did on his tour awhile back. And Jason's In the Name of My Father rocked pretty hard. But Robert! For shame! Charlatan!!! :slapface:

I have had a really good feeling about this group ever since I learned who Jonesy was working with, and it's nice to see these updates that seem to confirm that this is really working (thanks everyone). Grohl is a very good drummer indeed. It's not just that he beats the living hell out of the drums (which he does), or that he is such a technical expert player (although he is a good player technically too, at least for all I can hear), but that he drums in such a way as to maximize the impact of the songs. I am not really a fan of QOTSA, but Josh Homme has struck me as really talented, and I can see a way of bridging his kind of music - desert rock we call it in this country - and some of the stuff Jonesy has been doing on Zooma and Thunderthief.

And I do hope they play a gig in this country....both the Foo Fighters and QOTSA have played here. Please? :D

Archived