JOHN PAUL JONES New Project

The Pagemeister

Oh, c'mon, man! We're getting the first album's worth of original hard rock music from an ex-Zeppelin since 1998's Walking Into Clarksdale.

Agreed! Actually I'd say Coverdale/Page really as I think WIC is a bit sedate. Either way I have a feeling this will be the truest album of the hard rock side of Zeppelin than either of those albums... & I think its great/ironic that its come from JPJ & not Page or Plant. I have faith that a certain justice will be served to the valet.

sounds like a classic and powerful JPJ trademark riff based tune:))

Almost Black Dog-ish, without the machine gun riff. So many people underestimate Jonesy's heavy edge. Most picture the reserved organist, mandolin playing, restrained, Zeppelin bassist. Jonesy has grit baby!! :beer:

sounds like a classic and powerful JPJ trademark riff based tune:))

Almost Black Dog-ish, without the machine gun riff. So many people underestimate Jonesy's heavy edge. Most picture the reserved organist, mandolin playing, restrained, Zeppelin bassist. Jonesy has grit baby!! :beer:

I don´t know but to me sounds more like Josh Homme.

Anyway that clip is amazing!

Them Crooked Vultures Rock in the Studio in New Web Clip

Rolling Stone.com

8/19/09, 5:16 pm EST

As we type, Them Crooked Vultures are likely already taking the stage at the Melkweg club in Amsterdam for their second-ever concert. For those who couldn’t make it out to Holland — or to the supergroup’s first concert in Chicago following Lollapalooza — Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme and Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones have given fans a sampling of some seriously ear-blasting hard rock by posting a brief 30-second video montage of studio footage paced to the riffage of “Nobody Loves Me and Neither Do I.”

As Rock Daily reported last week, when the Vultures debuted their new YouTube page, they posted a 15-second clip of “Nobody Loves Me,” so maybe this time next week we can expect a 45-second clip of the band. (Some vocals would be nice, too.)

If you passed the band your e-mail address at Them Crooked Vultures official site, odds are you received the first volume of their newsletter The Crooked Times. Other than a link to the new video, the band’s online clothing stores and a gallery of scenic Amsterdam photos, the newsletter doesn’t offer much info regarding future tour dates or a possible album release, but we’d recommend keeping an eye on the over on the Vultures’ official Website to see where the band may perform next.

I got today's issue of the "Crooked Times". Sounds like GOOD NEWS to me.

I checked the sight out several times and I can't find a link to sign up for the email list. There is something that says "Enter Email Address", but it's not a link. How did you sign up?

I checked the sight out several times and I can't find a link to sign up for the email list. There is something that says "Enter Email Address", but it's not a link. How did you sign up?

Send a pm here to Sam Webmaster. He runs their site and could clarify. I too have visited their site, and I think he's just getting it put together. I can access the store and the forum, but I can't find where to sign up either, other than their YouTube vids.

Archived