40 Years Ago Today(July 31, 1969) I Heard Led Zeppelin I

Strider

• 2 years later...

Well, it was exactly 45 years ago today that, Strider listened to Led Zeppelin I, for the very first time as a little boy (aged 7).

Now, his post, recalling all that he could possibly remember about this special event in his life, is just fantastic (to say the least!).

Now, to mark the occasion, I thought I'll just give this thread a bump, so that members (both old and new), who did not get the opportunity to read Strider's post yet, can do so now! :)

Cheers! :)

I loved reading this! Please post more of your stories! xD It's interesting to have a gate to the past even if you haven't lived there.

Strider, you should seriously consider writing a book about your Zep experiences.

I do not post here very often, but brilliant threads like this deserve my attention! Echoing the sentiments of other members here, I have to chime in and say, Strider, absolutely brilliant post!! :thumbsup: Though, I am one of the 'quieter' members here, I have also really enjoyed your other threads about Led Zeppelin, such as the 1977 tour thread. Also, sorry for the personal question, but career-wise, are you a journalist? I ask because your writing skills are exceptional and well, any newspaper or any kind of publication, will be immensely lucky to have someone like you, working for them! :)

This was one of the Best things I have ever read. My first Led Zeppelin song was 'Stairway to Heaven' and I just loved everything about it. It was brilliant at first, but at the 5:36 mark was when the song become something truly awesome.

I love stories like this. One thing I love about listening to Led Zeppelin 1 was just how well remastered it sounds. Jimmy Page knows exactly what he is doing when it comes to producing.

Again, Thanks for sharing.

I do not post here very often, but brilliant threads like this deserve my attention! Echoing the sentiments of other members here, I have to chime in and say, Strider, absolutely brilliant post!! :thumbsup: Though, I am one of the 'quieter' members here, I have also really enjoyed your other threads about Led Zeppelin, such as the 1977 tour thread. Also, sorry for the personal question, but career-wise, are you a journalist? I ask because your writing skills are exceptional and well, any newspaper or any kind of publication, will be immensely lucky to have someone like you, working for them! :)

Good question, Emily. I did have ambitions to be a journalist, especially after reading "All the President's Men" by Woodward & Bernstein in Junior High. But I guess life had other plans for me, as I was never able to find work as a reporter and other passions took root and other avenues opened up.

I appreciate your (and other recent readers such as Pagefan55, SINS, and BecZep) compliments. Hartelijk dank.

Archived