The Impact of Zep 3 on Zeppelin

McSeven

If Zep 3 never happened, I wonder if Zep would have been able to create Zoso/HOTH/PG as the great epic Albums the are today.

How important was it for Zep to bring out Acoustics and have more reflective lyrics?

What does Zep 3 mean to you as a fan?

I love Zep 3. It was an album that needed to be put out. I feel that Zep went deeper by going lighter with Zep 3. I don't know if they would have been able to create Zoso with out it.

In my mind the moods of each Albums are as followes.

LZ1 is a Blues album with rock/folk elements.

LZ2 is a Funk/Soul album with rock elements.

LZ3 is a Folk album.

Zoso is a nocturnal Mystical Rock album.

HOTO is a sunshine Mystical Rock Album.

PG is a Epic rock album that takes all 5 albums and puts it together.

P is a cut and dry rock Album

ITTOD is a Prog Rock Album.

Anyways. I will share more thought later. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

I love them all, but LZ2 and PG are my favorites.

Mc7

I don't think you can say for sure if III didn't have acoustic songs on them (I'd not say the whole album is acoustic ;) ), if some of IV or PG would have happened. Robert and Jimmy in particular were pretty influenced by the California scene in the 60s and a lot of folk music (Babe I'm Gonna Leave You was on the first album for example) so I suspect regardless of how III ended up, they'd have ended up writing more acoustic based music.

As for how important the album is, well the word important isn't what I would say to describe things - I love all their albums immensely. III is not my favorite if I had to choose favorites but that doesn't take away from how amazing it is and just another example of how they were not a formulaic band.

If Zep 3 never happened, I wonder if Zep would have been able to create Zoso/HOTH/PG as the great epic Albums the are today.

How important was it for Zep to bring out Acoustics and have more reflective lyrics?

What does Zep 3 mean to you as a fan?

I love Zep 3. It was an album that needed to be put out. I feel that Zep went deeper by going lighter with Zep 3. I don't know if they would have been able to create Zoso with out it.

In my mind the moods of each Albums are as followes.

LZ1 is a Blues album with rock/folk elements.

LZ2 is a Funk/Soul album with rock elements.

LZ3 is a Folk album.

Zoso is a nocturnal Mystical Rock album.

HOTO is a sunshine Mystical Rock Album.

PG is a Epic rock album that takes all 5 albums and puts it together.

P is a cut and dry rock Album

ITTOD is a Prog Rock Album.

Anyways. I will share more thought later. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

I love them all, but LZ2 and PG are my favorites.

Mc7

How can you call III a folk album when it has Immigrant Song, Celebration Day, Out on the Tiles and Since I've Been Loving You?

I don't think it was the impact of Zeppelin III so much as opposed to Robert and Jimmy's stay at Bron-y-aur. As Jimmy has mentioned, he never really knew Robert until their time spent there together. Most of Zep III came from those sessions, but a lot of other things did too, including the framework for "Stairway".

I don't think it was the impact of Zeppelin III so much as opposed to Robert and Jimmy's stay at Bron-y-aur. As Jimmy has mentioned, he never really knew Robert until their time spent there together. Most of Zep III came from those sessions, but a lot of other things did too, including the framework for "Stairway".

So are you saying that Led Zep became more friends on Zep 3, than just business mates in a band on Zep 1 and 2?

Mc7

well it impacted there live shows because i think SIBLY is like a cornerstone of there live shows (as well as there acoustic set) and how many songs actually get recognized and get extrmeley loud cheerng after one note

Archived