Terrorist Plot Uncovered in Melbourne

Reggie29

What annoys me about it is these allegedly Sudanese people have come to Australia to, I imagine, escape their ravaged country and to enjoy the benefits of our society, and then fucking 'allegedly'

plot to blow up our military bases. If the whole suicide bombing gig is something they really dig, then why move to Australia in the first place? Why not stay back in Sudan?

Frankly, if I were the police I'd say "So you wanna blow yourself up, eh? Well, welcome to the Simpson Desert...are you ready??"

What annoys me about it is these allegedly Sudanese people have come to Australia to, I imagine, escape their ravaged country and to enjoy the benefits of our society, and then fucking 'allegedly'

plot to blow up our military bases. If the whole suicide bombing gig is something they really dig, then why move to Australia in the first place? Why not stay back in Sudan?

Frankly, if I were the police I'd say "So you wanna blow yourself up, eh? Well, welcome to the Simpson Desert...are you ready??"

I whole heartedly agree, especially the last sentence.

Reports are they are three Somalians and a Lebanese belonging to Al-Shabaab who are linked to Al-Q'aida and are funded by the Somali pirates.

A local news crew inspected Holsworthy and found broken security fencing that was enough for someone to enter the base.

I couldn't believe it when it was revealed that security for the base was outsourced to a private security firm.

They interviewed someone associated with the company who said it was impossible to watch every part of the compound.

This particular installation houses Blackhawk Choppers.

Hello, what about CCTV?

It was also reported that personnel were not armed as their weapons were locked away for safety reasons!

Security must be handed back to the defence forces and beefed up with another barrier in place to slow would be intruders down.

The guards should be heavily armed and anyone caught in "no mans land" and dealt with, with extreme prejudice.

Signs should be posted in both English and Arabic warning that all ammunition is dipped in pig's blood, a la Pershing!

pershing.jpg

Reports are they are three Somalians and a Lebanese belonging to Al-Shabaab who are linked to Al-Q'aida and are funded by the Somali pirates.

A local news crew inspected Holsworthy and found broken security fencing that was enough for someone to enter the base.

I couldn't believe it when it was revealed that security for the base was outsourced to a private security firm.

They interviewed someone associated with the company who said it was impossible to watch every part of the compound.

This particular installation houses Blackhawk Choppers.

Hello, what about CCTV?

It was also reported that personnel were not armed as their weapons were locked away for safety reasons!

Security must be handed back to the defence forces and beefed up with another barrier in place to slow would be intruders down.

The guards should be heavily armed and anyone caught in "no mans land" and dealt with, with extreme prejudice.

Signs should be posted in both English and Arabic warning that all ammunition is dipped in pig's blood, a la Pershing!

pershing.jpg

In Brisbane, pretty much all security has been outsourced to India, practically. I work for a government agency that uses a lot of security guards, and they're all supplied by external companies, and they're all Indian/Pakistani students. And it is possible that some of the people being employed for our security could have links to terrorist organisations.

Alleged Islamic suicide extremists caught.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/four...9-1225757695441

I really shouldn't be, but I'm pretty surprised. The nerve... You can apparently convince a person of just about anything, including a higher purpose to obliterate others.

I don't know what's worse. People trying to do these things even though they're benefiting from a better quality of life in their adopted country, or those who grow up in a country and still choose to blow others up in the name of 'justice' (ie/ those who blew up the subway and buses in England). I suppose it's a difference in degree not in kind, ie/ still falling for the mental screw cited above.

In Brisbane, pretty much all security has been outsourced to India, practically. I work for a government agency that uses a lot of security guards, and they're all supplied by external companies, and they're all Indian/Pakistani students. And it is possible that some of the people being employed for our security could have links to terrorist organisations.

There's a reason why El Al, for instance, has been hijacked maybe twice in its history (very minimal given the high risk). Back in the old country (Poland) the airport security is the army. You don't mess around when you see a guy holding a rifle asking to check your bags. Here in Canada, the airport security (like the security at the facilities Reggie and Horsey mentioned) goes to the best (read 'lowest') bidder. Not exactly reassuring given the state of things in the world today.

I wonder how many successful terrorist attacks it will take for institutions/governments to not outsource/save money/risk lives?

Glad they were caught in time.

Archived