30 Years Gone.

Cofa

30 years ago today as a Led Zeppelin obsessed 15 year old I was embarking on a day that would become somewhat of a landmark memory in my life. There is nothing I can say about that concert that has not been said before. 30 years sounds like forever and sure enough many of the memories have faded. Yet in other ways it seems like yesterday.

At 45 of course the obsession has changed. It is no longer hero worship. There are no posters on the wall or patches on the jacket. However the passion for the music that I was fortunate enough to hear in that Hertfordshire field all those years ago is as strong as ever.

After 30 years it still gives me a buzz to be able to say;

‘I was there’ :D

30 years ago today as a Led Zeppelin obsessed 15 year old I was embarking on a day that would become somewhat of a landmark memory in my life. There is nothing I can say about that concert that has not been said before. 30 years sounds like forever and sure enough many of the memories have faded. Yet in other ways it seems like yesterday.

At 45 of course the obsession has changed. It is no longer hero worship. There are no posters on the wall or patches on the jacket. However the passion for the music that I was fortunate enough to hear in that Hertfordshire field all those years ago is as strong as ever.

Hi Cofa :wave: Wow thanks for sharing your wonderful experience of being there! Hard to believe--30 years gone. I watch the video of Knebworth over and over and I do love the part where the camera travels over the crowd during Kashmir! All those lighters! Were you among the torch-bearers? (lucky you) Anyways, thanks, again, Cofa! :thumbsup:

PS: Also, Achilles Last Stand! :notworthy:

Nicely said - cheers :beer:

How's it going "Cofa?" I hope all is well with you. I promise to drink a few toasts to you as well as all of the attendees that attended the KNEBWORTH 1979 shows. In the mean time, celebrate today to the fullest and ROCK ON!

Archived