30th Anniversary of Knebworth concert

frankzeppelin

Today marks the first of the two performances at the Knebworth festival of '79, which was at the time the first time Zeppelin played in England in over four years, and it would also turn out to be there last time playing in their home country w/ the original line up

I know that if I lived in England 30 years ago, I would have went to Knebworth, but for those that did go, what was it like?

Because you can't get the full experience by watching the Zeppelin DVD, and I really want to know what the atmosphere was like back then, and how did you cope with songs from their latest album (In Through The Out Door)

Please Reply

Well let me start by saying that I can't believe it's 30 years ago (god I'm getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

what was it like? IT WAS INCREDIBLE from start to finish.My journey from Glasgow started on the Thursday and ended in London on the Sunday a magnificent 440 miles that was out of this world and although they were rusty and there were lots of rough edges I still to this day remember the emotion of singing you'll never walk alone and Robert almost crying.I remember the emotion of Ten Years Gone and the ferocity of Kashmir and being dazzled by Jimmy being engulfed by a green pyramid of lasers.

Lets just say that although my body knows it's 30 years ago my mind says I'm still 17 and it's all still fresh as though it was yesterday :D :D :D

Today marks the first of the two performances at the Knebworth festival of '79, which was at the time the first time Zeppelin played in England in over four years, and it would also turn out to be there last time playing in their home country w/ the original line up

I know that if I lived in England 30 years ago, I would have went to Knebworth, but for those that did go, what was it like?

Because you can't get the full experience by watching the Zeppelin DVD, and I really want to know what the atmosphere was like back then, and how did you cope with songs from their latest album (In Through The Out Door)

Please Reply

How's it going "frankzeppelin?" I hope all is well with you. Hmmmmmm....., another KNEBWORTH anniversary thread, C-O-O-L!!!!!!!! The more the better! Have you read the other threads yet other than mine? You will learn some interesting information on those threads. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Archived