FOR WOMEN ONLY

slave to zep

sorry for neglecting the thread .........

do we want to discuss hair care?

i have been using good old pantene shampoos and conditioners for about 10 years now. i try new ones now and again when they come on the market, but i haven't found one better than pantene, and it's not expensive, which is a great bonus. i just cut quite a bit off the length of my hair the other day, as i hadn't done that in ages, and it really needed it! my hair grows so fast, which is annoying, cos i have to touch up the roots every few weeks!

what are your favourite products?

I've been using henna for years, and I'm not going to stop anytime soon. Not only the colour is precious, but it's much much better than any synthetic cure or balsam.

As for shampoo, I try to change the brand with every new bottle, though I usually choose from three of four favourite brands.

• 2 years later...

Thank-you Ladies,

a good way of keeping those feet in tip-top condition is to soak them in a warm sea salt solution for 15 minutes, then use a good quality Hard Skin removing cream. To give them a really good finish try using 'Emu' oil. I know this works as I never have hard skin.

Maybe 'Emu' oil is the answer to all our Beauty needs as their range seems to cover everything...

If anyone has tried any of these products please let us know...

I shall have a good look at some of the other post later today...

Thank-you Ladies,

a good way of keeping those feet in tip-top condition is to soak them in a warm sea salt solution for 15 minutes, then use a good quality Hard Skin removing cream. To give them a really good finish try using 'Emu' oil. I know this works as I never have hard skin.

Maybe 'Emu' oil is the answer to all our Beauty needs as their range seems to cover everything...

If anyone has tried any of these products please let us know...

I shall have a good look at some of the other post later today...

hi fool in the rain

i just re-read this topic from the start, and there are some great posts! :thumbsup:

i even saw mr fool in there too! :o

hi fool in the rain

i just re-read this topic from the start, and there are some great posts! :thumbsup:

i even saw mr fool in there too! :o

Hi 'Slave'

Sorry to hear about your car, will you have a long delay in getting to the Doctors to find out about your Treatment?.

I hope that any Ladies that were having prob's with their Thyroid are having Annual Blood test as I know how Important they are, as well as Smear Test and also Mamograms.

I'm glad that I live in the U.K as a lot of our Medicines are free I cannot comprehend how much it would cost in my Household in Perscriptions.

It was nice to see that some of the Men did get involved in this 'Topic'

Mr fool (BD) wishes your and your Family a very 'Happy Christmas', and you a pain free 'New Year'

I bought THIS DRESS the other day; got it in black for 50% off ($45) and I absolutely LOVE it!! You can dress it up, or dress it down and it fits great! :) It's a stretchy knit.

Also, a thumbs up to the new John Frieda foam permanent hair color. I was really skeptical about the foam process, but I had a coupon for a free box so I gave it a try and was very pleased. It had great coverage, the color stayed true and didn't fade, and it came with cool black gloves that were much higher quality than those flimsy plastic ones other manufacturers provide. It doesn't offer nearly as many shades though.

Edited by Virginia

I bought THIS DRESS the other day; got it in black for 50% off ($45) and I absolutely LOVE it!! You can dress it up, or dress it down and it fits great! :) It's a stretchy knit.

Also, a thumbs up to the new John Frieda foam permanent hair color. I was really skeptical about the foam process, but I had a coupon for a free box so I gave it a try and was very pleased. It had great coverage, the color stayed true and didn't fade, and it came with cool black gloves that were much higher quality than those flimsy plastic ones other manufacturers provide. It doesn't offer nearly as many shades though.

'Virginia'

does the Foam colour cover 100% grey?

Well done on the Dress sounds like a real bargain

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

'Virginia'

does the Foam colour cover 100% grey?

Well done on the Dress sounds like a real bargain

I'm probably almost 50%, and it covered mine. It didn't fade either. I typically color every 3-4 weeks; the color held up better than L'Oreal Excellence.

I hate those color kits. IMO they have the worst dye.

If you go to a beauticians shop and and buy the color and the developer separate, buy a cheap bottle and a pair of reusable gloves, you'll save money and have a more effective line of dye to choose from. Plus, if you stick with a color you like you'll have a bottle of developer left over for the future, as you only use 2-4 oz at a time. :D Just make sure you get the right developer!

I love Sally's. Those ladies were always so helpful and I really needed help!

http://www.sallybeau..._Hair&psortd1=1

I bought my sister a wax burner, wax and some strips, stick and some skin calming lotion Christmas of last year. I think Sally got about $35 of my money. She hasn't gone through even half the wax. Goes back for strips every now and then. I saved her at least $8 at the salon per visit. Sally's economical.

Anyone ever try this? This woman does a good job.

I'm probably almost 50%, and it covered mine. It didn't fade either. I typically color every 3-4 weeks; the color held up better than L'Oreal Excellence.

Thanks for that 'Virginia', I'm 100%, so I have the dilemma of to start colouring again or not.

Maybe if they do a nice blonde I will give it a try...

Good Charlotte? No. :) Honestly it really doesn't mean anything. haha

If she goes for the spa the one time, she may want to maintain them. She'll be the first to notice the difference.

Like you said, you don't want to give her a complex. That's why I thought you could throw in the mani and massage.

Also, try working it into your "time together"?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, its just that I have RA for 3 yrs and Im on methotrexate and have a stinking heavy cold/flu hybrid thing and have run out of ideas of what i can take because the meds im on only limit me to certain things i can take, has anyone got any ideas?

Just plenty of rest and keep your fluid in-take up... Hope you feel better soon...

i have some osteo in my back and knees. hurts like crazy.

my friend has rheumatoid, she is in constant pain.

:(

Hi 'Slave'

how is it going with those spurs, any idea of what they are going to do for you?

Do you have Treatment for your Knees? The 'Rooster Booster' Injections are quite good, I have them every 6 months, along with Knee Washes every 18-24 months...