FOR WOMEN ONLY

slave to zep

hi jangles and lynn, and thanks for the great advice!

i think you are both correct, i do have some arthritis, but wouldn't be at all surprized if the leg pain was from the back. my spur is up higher, not low, but i do have some disc probs lower down. i just bought some krill oil tabs which are the same as 6 fish oil tabs, and they are much smaller. i am going to take 2 a day and see if it helps. it can't hurt! but i will look into the stretching/yoga, that sounds like a great idea! i am also trying to lose some weight ( 3kgs so far ). i am standing /walking on my feet all day 5 days a week, and my legs and feet just kill! i also have a spur on my right foot..... aaarrrggghhh!

Since it is a well-known fact that men are wimps when it comes to pain and childbirth, I am posting this article here, for all you tough dames. It makes my eyes water reading about it...

Woman Delivers 14 Pound Baby ‘Naturally’

By Maria Vultaggio on January 31st, 2012

Whoa baby, lately it seems women have been giving birth to some big babies! Just a few months ago a woman from Texas gave birth to a sixteen-pound infant.

Expectedly, these women have been birthing their children with pain medication to make the labor easier.

However, a woman from Iowa gave birth to a baby who almost weighed fourteen pounds, not to mention she did it all “naturally.”

“We just wanted to avoid any unnecessary procedures,” Kendall Stewardson said today on “Good Morning America.” “We decided to fight for that (a natural delivery) because we wanted to try to lower my chances of getting a C-section.

Baby Asher Stewardson made parents Kendall and Joshua Stewardson proud as he joined their family as their second child. The couple’s first baby, Judah, was born at twelve pounds so they were not too surprised with what Asher weighed at his birth.

“We were just really blessed that God enabled my body to be able to do this well,” Stewardson explained on “GMA,” “It went really fast. Six hours is something no one can complain about.”

After the six-hour labor, Stewardson’s second child measured in at 23 1/2 inches long, weighing 13 pounds 12 ounces.

As it is healthier for the child, many women are attempting to give birth without the facilitation of drugs.

“We had decided to research all of our options before we had Judah just to see what would happen to me,” Stewardson said. “We started to research doing it naturally. There are a lot of options for women out there, but this seemed like the best thing for me and Judah, and then Asher.”

Stewardson went on to explain that when a woman gives birth to a bigger baby, there’s less baby weight to lose after the pregnancy; another benefit of having a child naturally!

Both mother and child are doing well.

article-2093552-11874D54000005DC-880_468x286.jpg

Big baby: Asher Stewardson was born Jan. 26, 2012, weighing 13 pounds, 13 ounces.

article-2093552-11839E74000005DC-3_470x288.jpg

Big surprise: An Iowa woman delivered a 13 pound baby Thursday without painkillers or a cesarean section

article-2093552-11839CF6000005DC-464_478x259.jpg

Not the first: The newborn named Asher is just one pound more than the birth weight of his older brother (shown in the arms of his father left) who was 12 pounds

article-2093552-1183AE72000005DC-789_474x255.jpg

Record: Asher's weight of 13 pounds took the record for the Mercy Medical Hospital but was just short of the state's record of 14 pounds in 1980

article-2093552-1183AE2E000005DC-941_474x256.jpg

Healthy: Medical staff say that Asher is completely healthy despite his size and his nine-day delay in birth

Watch video here:

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1lGggJqvC

hi strider

good on her, it must have been bloody painful! she looks to be a big woman, maybe she had gestational diabetes? or maybe big babies are just in the genes of that family.

my last child, who is now 11 and skinny as, weighed 9lb 14oz at birth. the drs let me go for 12 hours in normal labour ( no epidural, only gas ) before realizing he was too big to fit out the normal way. so i was rushed into the theatre for a cesarean done under a spinal block. aaaah the relief!

well girls, i bought the supper krill oil. it''s more potent than fish oil, so only 2 pills a day, and they are much smaller too!

hope they start working soon. i was woken 3 times with knee/leg pain last night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How long does it take to become effective?

Hope you soon get a good nights sleep...

Sometimes it may take a supplement a couple of weeks to saturate the system to start feeling any effects.

Is the krill oil predomintately Omega 3? Usually one should take the proper ratio of 3 and 6 for optimal synergistic effects. Most people have a deficency in 3 and 6 is found in far more foods that we consume. Hopefully you have already looked into it and taken it into consideratio depending on your diet.

Since it is a well-known fact that men are wimps when it comes to pain and childbirth, I am posting this article here, for all you tough dames. It makes my eyes water reading about it...

Woman Delivers 14 Pound Baby ‘Naturally’

By Maria Vultaggio on January 31st, 2012

Whoa baby, lately it seems women have been giving birth to some big babies! Just a few months ago a woman from Texas gave birth to a sixteen-pound infant.

Expectedly, these women have been birthing their children with pain medication to make the labor easier.

However, a woman from Iowa gave birth to a baby who almost weighed fourteen pounds, not to mention she did it all “naturally.”

“We just wanted to avoid any unnecessary procedures,” Kendall Stewardson said today on “Good Morning America.” “We decided to fight for that (a natural delivery) because we wanted to try to lower my chances of getting a C-section.

Baby Asher Stewardson made parents Kendall and Joshua Stewardson proud as he joined their family as their second child. The couple’s first baby, Judah, was born at twelve pounds so they were not too surprised with what Asher weighed at his birth.

“We were just really blessed that God enabled my body to be able to do this well,” Stewardson explained on “GMA,” “It went really fast. Six hours is something no one can complain about.”

After the six-hour labor, Stewardson’s second child measured in at 23 1/2 inches long, weighing 13 pounds 12 ounces.

As it is healthier for the child, many women are attempting to give birth without the facilitation of drugs.

“We had decided to research all of our options before we had Judah just to see what would happen to me,” Stewardson said. “We started to research doing it naturally. There are a lot of options for women out there, but this seemed like the best thing for me and Judah, and then Asher.”

Stewardson went on to explain that when a woman gives birth to a bigger baby, there’s less baby weight to lose after the pregnancy; another benefit of having a child naturally!

Both mother and child are doing well.

article-2093552-11874D54000005DC-880_468x286.jpg

Big baby: Asher Stewardson was born Jan. 26, 2012, weighing 13 pounds, 13 ounces.

article-2093552-11839E74000005DC-3_470x288.jpg

Big surprise: An Iowa woman delivered a 13 pound baby Thursday without painkillers or a cesarean section

article-2093552-11839CF6000005DC-464_478x259.jpg

Not the first: The newborn named Asher is just one pound more than the birth weight of his older brother (shown in the arms of his father left) who was 12 pounds

article-2093552-1183AE72000005DC-789_474x255.jpg

Record: Asher's weight of 13 pounds took the record for the Mercy Medical Hospital but was just short of the state's record of 14 pounds in 1980

article-2093552-1183AE2E000005DC-941_474x256.jpg

Healthy: Medical staff say that Asher is completely healthy despite his size and his nine-day delay in birth

Watch video here:

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1lGggJqvC

I'm glad the baby's healthy. Now, let's get Mom healthy. She doesn't seem so.

Sometimes it may take a supplement a couple of weeks to saturate the system to start feeling any effects.

Is the krill oil predomintately Omega 3? Usually one should take the proper ratio of 3 and 6 for optimal synergistic effects. Most people have a deficency in 3 and 6 is found in far more foods that we consume. Hopefully you have already looked into it and taken it into consideratio depending on your diet.

hi, and thanks for the advice!

yes it is omega 3, with an antioxident called astaxanthin.

How long does it take to become effective?

Hope you soon get a good nights sleep...

thankyou, fool, me too! so tired .....

i think it will take 3 or 4 weeks to start to make any difference ( hope it does )

Edited by slave to zep

( in case anyone is interested, lol ) .....

got the blood tests back, everything ok except my anti-nuclear antibodies were raised .... :blink: never heard of those before, but apparently it would explain my feet and joint pain. no treatment, just wait and see if it goes away ( great ).

back ct showed compressed discs and arthritis as well as the spur....

:(

got the blood tests back, everything ok except my anti-nuclear antibodies were raised .... :blink: never heard of those before, but apparently it would explain my feet and joint pain. no treatment, just wait and see if it goes away ( great ).

So did they ever suggest surgery? I have had fusions and spacers in my vertebrae. They also have injections but I would try and stay away from steroid injections. They do not last long and not good to bomb your system with steroids. There are new arthritis meds out there like Celebrex which was taken down by the FDA and then restored to my knowledge. I took it before and it did not help me but its not to say it would not help you. Good luck. Compression of discs is very common as we age. And degenerative disc disease is a very general term and most of us are going to wind up with it to some degree.

Glad your blood results came back mostly good news. Sad about your back and compressed discs. Unfortunately I don't have any advice like LedZepFan77, as I've never gone what you're going through. I just wish you luck and hope you have good medical coverage.

Glad your blood results came back mostly good news. Sad about your back and compressed discs. Unfortunately I don't have any advice like LedZepFan77, as I've never gone what you're going through. I just wish you luck and hope you have good medical coverage.

I have a long standing comp case from the local county I worked for from 1079 until 1994.

Severa; surgeries all covered but the outcome is not as good as I would have liked. that is why I have one last one in march. I will be in rough shape for some time. Sucks

Hope you are feeling a little better now that you now have a possible cause for the pain that you are having in your legs.

Keep us posted on how the Krill Oil...

I have a long standing comp case from the local county I worked for from 1079 until 1994.

Severa; surgeries all covered but the outcome is not as good as I would have liked. that is why I have one last one in march. I will be in rough shape for some time. Sucks

Wow, you must be old as dirt...... :whistling: No wonder you have back problems.....

So did they ever suggest surgery? I have had fusions and spacers in my vertebrae. They also have injections but I would try and stay away from steroid injections. They do not last long and not good to bomb your system with steroids. There are new arthritis meds out there like Celebrex which was taken down by the FDA and then restored to my knowledge. I took it before and it did not help me but its not to say it would not help you. Good luck. Compression of discs is very common as we age. And degenerative disc disease is a very general term and most of us are going to wind up with it to some degree.

no surgery suggested, just wait, and it usually goes away ..... :unsure: injections were suggested for the back spur, but it has seemed to have settled down a bit lately.

thanks for caring, and your advice! :)

thanks so much, strider! doctors visits, xrays, cts, and surgery are free, though may have a wait if i needed surgery.

Hope you are feeling a little better now that you now have a possible cause for the pain that you are having in your legs.

Keep us posted on how the Krill Oil...

hi fool! :wave:

well, hopefully the pains will go away soon, but i will always have the feet and back spurs :(

i think the krill oil is having an effect, i'm gonna keep going with it, as it is good for heart health too! i saw dr oz talking about it, and it's one of 3 supplements he takes every day, and he advocates it, especially after 40. .

I really do not know how to interpret that comment Margie? Every pic I ever posted on here of myself is current. I do not post pics of myself that are twenty years old like some! :whistling:

I was kidding with you on your typo. You commented on working from 1079 to 1994.

Yeah, but just think of the pension you'll be drawing after 915 years' service. Even a 'glass half empty' kind of guy like you has gotta love that.

More insults. Im used to it Major. Keep em coming. I am a glass half empty kind of guy? What the fuck does that mean bloke? I am eligible to draw pension at 55, next July 30th. But I had to grease a lawyer to get my ex strife off the fucking thing. Waiting still for the letters before I go on the slab.

• 1 month later...

If the thread had said "For Men Only" it would be nothing but pictures of women. The fact that you are having a legit conversation makes me suspect that maybe women are a little brighter as a gender. lol

Ladies got 5 weeks till my Holiday (my birthday prezzie) need to lose a bit of weight but hate to Diet...so any tips!!!

I'm not a Ladies but I am an expert. In 2010 I lost... Ready for it?... Ready?... Here it comes... 70 pounds! I lost it VERY fast too. Like in a few months. All I did was count calories. I said no more than 1,000 calories (and as much less as I could but that was my cap) a day distributed throughout the day to keep my metabolism moving. It just flew off. Also I read if you don't eat you will lose 2 pounds a day. So if you want to go really fast just don't eat for like a month and get some fast skinnies, oh yeah! lol

Diet is such a intimidating word. Lifestyle changes in your eating habits are what works for most. I'm only able to maintain at the moment.

I always eat breakfast. Main meal in the middle of the day. Some suggestions I have come across are to have no carbs or dairy with the evening meal. Just vegetable and a small protein. Definately no eating a couple of hours before bed. As much fruit as you want with meals or for in between snacks.

Finding what works for each of us is the trick.

It is much easier for guys to lose weight. Metabolisms are much different. The hubby can go for quite awhile without eating and be fine and functioning. Not eating plummets my blood sugar and I get shaky and queasy.

Edited by ledzepfvr