FOR WOMEN ONLY

slave to zep

Well one must find motivation where they can, so a fitness thread sounds like a good idea. This is a thread for ladies with issues, and I am sure there are a few of the guys here that need some fitness motivation so a separate thread should be started. I did not find one just for fitness when I searched.

Let's get motivated. I need help.

• 4 months later...

Paid a visit to one of the blogs I like to keep tabs on and found something I thought would be suitable and enjoyable for the ladies on this Forum.

Love Audrey Adores ~ February Beauty

Posted on March 1, 2013

2013-02-28_0001.jpg2013-02-28_0002.jpg2013-02-28_0003.jpg2013-02-28_0004.jpg

I’m back with a handful of beauty favourites from the last month. As February itself is short and sweet, I’ll keep this blog post brief and to the point. Speed reviews are very much the order of the day.

1. Vampish Nail Polish ~ Spring may have almost sprung, but I’m not quite ready to abandon the moody tones of autumn and winter yet. I’ve been favouring deep, dark manicures this month, switching between Chanel’s Limited Edition Diabolic {a pretender to Rouge Noir’s throne} and a China Glaze shade called Purr-Fect-Plum.To me, short, neat nails painted almost black scream sophistication, which means it’s the perfect look for when I feel anything but.

2. Tom Ford Black Orchid ~ The first time I wore this fragrance properly was my wedding day. It remains my favourite scent, not just because it evokes such precious memories, but because it smells amazing. It’s luxurious and sensual, rich and dark. Refered to as an ‘oriental cyphre’ by fragrance connoisseurs, it contains notes of black truffle, ylang ylang, bergamot, effervescent citrus, blackcurrant, jasmine, lotus wood, patchouli, incense, vetiver, vanilla, balsam and sandalwood. The dark and mysterious notes definitely appeal to my inner glamour-puss and even the most subtle spritz has me feeling all Old Hollywood glamour!

3. Oskia Perfect Cleanser ~ By far my favourite of all the balm cleansers I’ve come across, I’m now on to my second tube of this delicious concoction. My skin is left so soft, clean and comfortable after every use that I can’t see myself straying anytime soon either. You’ll find a more thorough review here, but if you have dry, sensitive skin then I highly recommend you get your hands on a tube. I order mine from Being Content. Oh, and while you’re reading up on skincare you should probably read Caroline Hirons’ cleansing cheat sheet too.

4. REN Clearcalm 3 Clarity Restoring Mask ~ This is the face mask I reach for when my skin feels spotty or a little congested. It purges impurities and leaves my skin deeply cleansed and soft, while also managing to gently soothe and calm. It’s perfect for those of us that have sensitive skin, but still get the odd breakout too. With its medicinal, menthol scent and genius packaging that ensures not a drop is wasted, this product has secured its place in my personal skincare hall of fame.

Have you tried any of these? What beauty products have you been loving this month?

Love Audrey xxx

Posted in Beauty, Little Love Audreys | Tagged Chanel, China Glaze, OSKIA, Perfume, REN,Skincare, Tom Ford | 4 Replies

Edited by Strider

Fish Head enters tentatively..............can anyone else hear the egg shells he is now walking on?.........

seriously, if there are any women golfers around these parts, please join some of the fellas over in the "Golf Talk" thread that was created a day or two ago.

We'd love to have you join us. cheers Rich

.....Fish Head has left the building.........

Just a friendly reminder to wash your makeup brushes, girls. Especially if you use one for your concealer and/or foundation. Liquids and creams love to hold onto bacteria...ewww.

You can buy brush cleaner at any counter or even drugstores, but I usually use my face cleanser and let them air dry.

If they are really loaded with product I will soak them in some anti bac soap and warm water.

:)

Edited by planted

I thought this essay was really powerful; I need to get in more pictures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

i am guilty of this. there are next to no pics of me throughout the years. when my kids were young, it was always me taking the pics - their dad never thought to take any ... and now, yeah, i just avoid the camera whenever i can....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

This is a lovely article. A friend's mom is in town this weekend and she hates the camera. I'm forwarding this to my friend to see if mom will change her mind. I'd love to have a picture of the family.

OK, Strider, I am on the floor!! You open up and see a thread "For Women Only" and there YOU are. You know I adore you, but I found it funny as hell :D

Leave 'em laughing, I say. ;)

Besides Deb, you know me...I always try to be a river of information.

I'm in the same boat. Very little pictures of me throughout my life, especially from 1970-2000. For most of my life I didn't have any photos of me when I was a kid. It was only when I reconnected with some relatives in the last decade, that I was able to see and acquire some mementos from the past.

I grew up camera shy and I'm still that way. Having a camera on my phone now does make it easier to record certain events...when I remember to do so. But if I were to put together a photo album of my life, it would be very small.

That was beautiful and powerful! I teared up reading it. I'm so guilty of this, and . . . . . it also reminded me of the pictures I have of my mother that I treasure since she is no longer here . . . . thanks so much for sharing Virginia.

Virginia, this has to be a top 10 post for me since I have been on this forum. Thank you so much for sharing.

I started tearing up as well when I read her description of herself. Been there, and it's very difficult to come to terms with in the current society we live in. The author nailed it.

And so did you for posting this.

:)

Thanks slave to zep, ebk, planted, strider and justawoman; I'm glad you all enjoyed it too. It made me tear up too; I think the article was very timely and was definitely a case of "point taken" for me.

I come across articles like this from time to time so I'll make sure to share again; thanks!

You females get a "FOR WOMEN ONLY " thread to talk women's issues , I start a similar one called "FOR MEN ONLY " and it gets removed

sexual equality equals women's rights only

us men issues are just as important surely ?

Perhaps it was because this thread was started sincerely with purpose of sharing information helpful to women, while your thread was the act of a petulant brat screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!".

Perhaps it was because this thread was started sincerely with purpose of sharing information helpful to women, while your thread was the act of a petulant brat screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!".

Thats the way we are expected think ,In mine I stated men could talk about men's health issues

• 1 month later...

Quite a stunner to read about Angelina Jolie's decision to have a preemptive double-mastectomy. I would think there is many differing points of view and emotions among the women here. I know several women who have gone through breast cancer and mainly their reaction has been positive and supportive.

For those who haven't seen it yet, here is Jolie's original op-ed piece in yesterday's New York Times:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/opinion/my-medical-choice.html

Here is a reaction piece from this morning's NPR:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/05/15/184166941/angelina-jolies-mastectomy-decision-and-weighing-cancer-risks