FOR WOMEN ONLY

slave to zep

I alternate between Pantene, Dove and Tres Semme; usually the extra moisturizing formula. And for styling I use either Aussie Moist in a tube, or some similar John Frieda stuff. Occasionally a little gel; it depends on the humidity.

sorry for neglecting the thread .........

do we want to discuss hair care?

i have been using good old pantene shampoos and conditioners for about 10 years now. i try new ones now and again when they come on the market, but i haven't found one better than pantene, and it's not expensive, which is a great bonus. i just cut quite a bit off the length of my hair the other day, as i hadn't done that in ages, and it really needed it! my hair grows so fast, which is annoying, cos i have to touch up the roots every few weeks!

what are your favourite products?

This may be my new favorite thread! There is some great information here.

I'm with you on the Pantene. I just switched from Pantene to Kerastase at the advice of my hair dresser. It's expensive and only lasted a month. Plus, I didn't really notice a difference. I'm going back to Pantene!

I use L'Oreal hair products (shampoo, conditioner and restorative masque- this one about every two weeks) and I think the results are fine. I use Henna too, because of the stupid white hairs that are begining to show. :angry:

My hair is naturally wavy, and depending on the humidity it's actually curly. But I prefer to wear it straighten, so I have my hair chemically straigthen every two months. And it looks really, really natural, you can ask Aqua if you want, she can tell. :P;):D

sorry for neglecting the thread .........

do we want to discuss hair care?

i have been using good old pantene shampoos and conditioners for about 10 years now. i try new ones now and again when they come on the market, but i haven't found one better than pantene, and it's not expensive, which is a great bonus. i just cut quite a bit off the length of my hair the other day, as i hadn't done that in ages, and it really needed it! my hair grows so fast, which is annoying, cos i have to touch up the roots every few weeks!

what are your favourite products?

I use Pantene Ice Shine shampoo and conditioner and that's it. No other hair products other than that.

well it seems pantene is quite popular all over the world!

my natural colour is medium brown, but i have been colouring for about 5 years now ( since i became more salt than pepper, lol ). i am going to get a few lighter streaks put through, as the build up of brunette has gotten a bit dark ...... anyone else have that problem?

thanks for all your replies xo

I use L'Oreal hair products (shampoo, conditioner and restorative masque- this one about every two weeks) and I think the results are fine. I use Henna too, because of the stupid white hairs that are begining to show. :angry:

My hair is naturally wavy, and depending on the humidity it's actually curly. But I prefer to wear it straighten, so I have my hair chemically straigthen every two months. And it looks really, really natural, you can ask Aqua if you want, she can tell. :P;):D

I Hereby Vouch For The Entirely Natural Appearance of Brspled's Extremely Straight Hair. :bravo:

Really! :D I'd never have guessed it was naturally curly.)

Hi all..first time I've seenthis thread. Love it. I have to color my hair since I have so much gray anymore which dried it out even more that it was from the menopause. I was using a box kit for years which worked ok but decided to treat myself and get a professional cut and color done when my Mom got married. I don't think I'll ever go back to the box again. Its less harsh on the hair (no peroxide) and lasts longer. I use Top Care shampoo which I buy from the hairdresser and they tint it with my coloring to help retain the color. I'm using a leave in conditioner to help protect my hair from the flat iron and keep it soft.

I go back and forth between Pantene, Head & Shoulders and Herbal Essenses. I don't color my hair, but I'm trying to decide if I want to leave it long (it's waist length) when it gets really gray, or just cut it all off. I really don't want to start coloring it. But we'll see...

As far as facial products go, I've used Noxema since i was in high school...and my 35th reunion is next year. I only wear makeup when I dress up, and use Victoria's Secret body lotion to moisturise. Seems to be working...

My hair is naturally medium brown and I do my own color. I had salon color done for years (first highlights, then demi-permanent, then permanent) but it faded out too quickly.

I have thick, wavy hair and keep it fairly short; it's between ear/chin length in the front right now, stacked up slightly in the back. (NOT a Kate Gosselin 'do though!!)

Because I dye my hair a darker shade than it is naturally, I always use professional color shampoos I have noticed a difference in how long the hair color sticks. It stays much longer if you use the shampoos formulated for color. My hair dresser told me that if I really don't want to buy professional products, to be sure that there is not "aluminum" something or other in the ingredients list on your shampoos. That's the major difference between on the shelf shampoo and the so-called "professional" ones.

I do see a HUGE difference when I use on the shelf hairspray versus professional hairspray. I have very fine, yet very thick, straight hair. It's heavy and unwieldy. I use Soya Want Sexy Hair? by Big Sexy Hair. I love it. I use a little, and my hair stays put all day!

Now...ladies, what to use to get your feet in decent condition? I've been scrubbing them and scrubbing them, and scrubbing them, but a summer of sandals has taken its toll on my feet!

Another one: How do I fix my silly tan line? I have a swimsuit strap tan line, and my friend's wedding is in a month. I need to fix it because my bridesmaid dress looks silly with the white white non-tanned part showing. ;)

I use Pantene also. I've tried lots of different brands and I like it the best. In the winter I have to use a little extra conditioner because my hair gets so full of static. I don't really do anything with my hair - I just leave it straight. It's so heavy and thick that whenever I try to curl it, the curls don't hold and my hair is flat in about an hour or less. I don't die my hair either - I like it the way it is (dark brown). :) (I once tried a blond wig on, and I looked really scary! :lol: )

Now...ladies, what to use to get your feet in decent condition? I've been scrubbing them and scrubbing them, and scrubbing them, but a summer of sandals has taken its toll on my feet!

Mandy, try putting Vaseline on your feet with cotton socks overnight for a few days, and plenty of lotion in between (during the day). That always helps mine.

Not sure what to suggest for the tan lines, maybe tan in a bottle or spray tan?

Edited by Virginia

I hate spray tan, because it always ends up looking really stupid.

Vaseline doesn't do anything for me. I've tried. I do lotion, etc., but they're still rough, etc., and I need to scrub them.

I've been sitting outside with sun attractant on with a cleverly placed towel over places I don't want to have a sunburn on. :o

Edited by manderlyh

Because I dye my hair a darker shade than it is naturally, I always use professional color shampoos I have noticed a difference in how long the hair color sticks. It stays much longer if you use the shampoos formulated for color. My hair dresser told me that if I really don't want to buy professional products, to be sure that there is not "aluminum" something or other in the ingredients list on your shampoos. That's the major difference between on the shelf shampoo and the so-called "professional" ones.

I do see a HUGE difference when I use on the shelf hairspray versus professional hairspray. I have very fine, yet very thick, straight hair. It's heavy and unwieldy. I use Soya Want Sexy Hair? by Big Sexy Hair. I love it. I use a little, and my hair stays put all day!

Another one: How do I fix my silly tan line? I have a swimsuit strap tan line, and my friend's wedding is in a month. I need to fix it because my bridesmaid dress looks silly with the white white non-tanned part showing. ;)

You could use a gradual tanning lotion on the areas that are pale? There are plenty of decent ones out there. We only have a few of their products, but I've read that Jergens Natural Glow Express moisturizer is a quick way of building up a healthy looking tan.

Jergens Naturals...

I have one, and they work pretty well for me. I don't do the whole pedicure thing because well, I've never been into them and I don't want people touching my feet. Eww. So for keeping my feet looking nice and cute when I wear flip-flops or sandals, it does the job.

Edited by Electrophile

I have one, and they work pretty well for me. I don't do the whole pedicure thing because well, I've never been into them and I don't want people touching my feet. Eww. So for keeping my feet looking nice and cute when I wear flip-flops or sandals, it does the job.

Good to know. Sometimes those tv gadgets are pretty good. But some are crap - a friend of mine tried that one that supposedly removes hair and she said it works a bit if you really work hard at it and then end up with irritated skin :blink:

I used to think like that too, Electrophile. But some years ago I went for the first time to a pedicurist....the results were excellent. Now I go for a pedicure every two weeks.