Page & Plant's rendition of ALS

WOW.

Evidently the boys still had some of that magic...(although I think they listened to the studio version a little too much before playing it :lol:)

There are a couple of minor slip ups on Pagey's part but all in all I think this is an excellent version, especially considering that it's post-Zep. There are a few moments when I think Plant thinks he's back in the 70s, a couple of nice "perormance" touches despite this being heavily based on the studio version. But it's understandable that he would get back in that sort of mood, considering they hadn't played this since July 7th, 1980...

Any one else enjoy this version as much as I do?

WOW.

Evidently the boys still had some of that magic...(although I think they listened to the studio version a little too much before playing it :lol:)

There are a couple of minor slip ups on Pagey's part but all in all I think this is an excellent version, especially considering that it's post-Zep. There are a few moments when I think Plant thinks he's back in the 70s, a couple of nice "perormance" touches despite this being heavily based on the studio version. But it's understandable that he would get back in that sort of mood, considering they hadn't played this since July 7th, 1980...

Any one else enjoy this version as much as I do?

They didn't play it on July 7th 1980,

the last Zeppelin performance of this song was on July 5th in Munich.

:D

They didn't play it on July 7th 1980,

the last Zeppelin performance of this song was on July 5th in Munich.

:D

Crap...yeah that's the one on my July 7th bootleg at the very end...Seems to me I knew that once...but I guess it just slipped my mind. Now let's get back on topic, shall we?

Indeed,

well....needless to say that i like the song and also the P&P rendition of it.....just wished they would have played it more often on that tour.

Yeh by the time I saw them on the tour they had dropped it :(

Archived