Could it?

Is there any possible charity, event or cause that could interest the boys to put on another one off show? I don't think they will ever reunite to go on a full fledged tour, but I don't think one offs are that out of the question.

How's it going "FullyLedded?" I hope all is well with you. The only thing that I can think of is that if someone puts together a LED ZEPPELIN Convention and gets LED ZEPPELIN to perform a 3 hour one night gig for their loyal fans especially for all members of the LED ZEPPELIN forum. It may be wishful thinking but at least its an idea or a start. What do all of you think? Perhaps someone can add something better to my idea or come up with something better. I'm all ears. ROCK ON!

How's it going "FullyLedded?" I hope all is well with you. The only thing that I can think of is that if someone puts together a LED ZEPPELIN Convention and gets LED ZEPPELIN to perform a 3 hour one night gig for their loyal fans especially for all members of the LED ZEPPELIN forum. It may be wishful thinking but at least its an idea or a start. What do all of you think? Perhaps someone can add something better to my idea or come up with something better. I'm all ears. ROCK ON!

Not to be a party pooper but I'm sure they are very very aware of the demand to see them return to the stage. It's not about denying us fans - they're in a different place musically and creatively and we have to respect that and just embrace what they've given us. Which is an enormous amount of amazing music and memories that can never be taken away. I'm totally fine with that. I don't need them to reunite. I just want them to all continue making music in some form.

You hear that, Grant Burgess? You've got your task for the next ZepFest. Get moving! :D

I'm happy with how it ended. It was a high point and a great performance.

It only adds to their mystique that they only played 3 times as Led Zeppelin after they broke up, and the last of the 3 was the best.

I would prefer that, rather than being like The Who or the Stones or some of their contemporaries who have spent the last decade or so fading away. The Who described their recent years as "the pinnacle of our decline"

Personally, lets avoid the decline and be happy with how it ended :D

I'm happy with how it ended. It was a high point and a great performance.

I would prefer that, rather than being like The Who or the Stones or some of their contemporaries who have spent the last decade or so fading away.

I'd say it was the highest point they could reach given the circumstances and they are

not likely to match it, indeed unlikely to perform together again.

Don't know how many Stones gigs you've attended in the last five years but I didn't see any fading away whatsoever. The charisma, the showmanship, the vibe is still evident.

Unlike post-1980 Led Zeppelin reunions, The Rolling Stones have consistently delivered when the cameras are rolling during a big gig and everything is on the line.

I'd say it was the highest point they could reach given the circumstances and they are

Don't know how many Stones gigs you've attended in the last five years but I didn't see any fading away whatsoever. The charisma, the showmanship, the vibe is still evident.

Unlike post-1980 Led Zeppelin reunions, The Rolling Stones have consistently delivered when the cameras are rolling during a big gig and everything is on the line.

For me, fading only means moving down from your peak, not necessarily that you've hit rock bottom. I still believe the Stones are fading, in that sense. But they have done it in a way that makes their fade much more graceful then others bands, and it is in those factors you mentioned. It is evident, as you said, just not as much as in the past.

The other reason I mentioned fading is the fact that Led Zeppelin's career has a very nice, definite finale. I wouldn't want to hear about their 'Farewell Tour' in 2010 only to have them have a go again in 2012 and wonder when could really say 'goodbye', if you will.

At least we can agree it was a fitting, good end for them.

I think after the last one they will never say never. But there won't ever be a tour for Led Zeppelin. Although I would like to see Jimmy Page do one more tour type thing before he gets too old to do one.

the only thing that I could see, is the 2012 Olympics. The stage is an interesting one, broadcast worldwide, what a great way to go out to millions of people on TV, no ticket issues, no B.S. they could own the world....Kashmir around the world!

Each of the three post-1980 televised gigs they've done...'85, '88, '95...fell far short of expectations. I don't think the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony would be a good match.

I think the jury is still out on Jimmy having played the Closing Ceremony in Beijing.

At this years Glastonbury festival at a Q and A forum on the last day the owner Micheal Eavis was asked who he wants to headline for next years 40th bash ,with out hesitation he said he was working on the Smiths and Zep, but not to hold your breath as he tries for these two every year.A big dream from mr Eavis I reckon but hey at least he is having a go. chin chin .

At this years Glastonbury festival at a Q and A forum on the last day the owner Micheal Eavis was asked who he wants to headline for next years 40th bash ,with out hesitation he said he was working on the Smiths and Zep, but not to hold your breath as he tries for these two every year.A big dream from mr Eavis I reckon but hey at least he is having a go. chin chin .

He may get Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, but no closer.

I'd think the consistency of The Stones' performances might have to do with the consistency of their continued touring. ;)

I'd think the consistency of The Stones' performances might have to do with the consistency of their continued touring. ;)

Absolutely, but Stones are also very disciplined about ensuring they are well rehearsed.

The 02 show was successful in large part because of their commitment to do it right.

Not to be a party pooper but I'm sure they are very very aware of the demand to see them return to the stage. It's not about denying us fans - they're in a different place musically and creatively and we have to respect that and just embrace what they've given us. Which is an enormous amount of amazing music and memories that can never be taken away. I'm totally fine with that. I don't need them to reunite. I just want them to all continue making music in some form.

Hi "ninelives!" Long time no hear! I hope all is well with you. I truly respect your opinions and you're not being a party pooper. What you say does make sense. Like I said, its probably wishful thinking. Take care and ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. I truly believe you on this one. Being a veteran of attending every ROLLING STONES Tour since 1981, THE STONES are the most rehearsed live band in Rock n' Roll history. ROCK ON my friend!

the only thing that I could see, is the 2012 Olympics. The stage is an interesting one, broadcast worldwide, what a great way to go out to millions of people on TV, no ticket issues, no B.S.

they could own the world....Kashmir around the world!

Not a chance, sorry. :(

How's it going "Evster" my buddy? I hope all is well with you. I totally agree with both you and "SteveAJones" on THE STONES! Possibly like you and Steve, I've seen every single STONES Tour since 1981 and I will continue to till THE STONES are no more. I can definitely attest to what the both of you are saying. ROCK ON my friend!

Absolutely, but Stones are also very disciplined about ensuring they are well rehearsed.

The 02 show was successful in large part because of their commitment to do it right.

Exactly. Page said they put in as much preparation for this single show as would normally

be done for a full fledged tour. And it really showed.

They certainly were out to redeem themselves and did exactly that by giving their music the proper amount of commiment and respect that it deserves.

How's it going "SteveAJones?" I hope all is well with you. I truly believe you on this one. Being a veteran of attending every ROLLING STONES Tour since 1981, THE STONES are the most rehearsed live band in Rock n' Roll history. ROCK ON my friend!

Omg I have never seen them sound good live, I think they are they worste live band ever.

Omg I have never seen them sound good live, I think they are they worste live band ever.

How's it going "#1fan?" I hope all is well with you. while I do respect your opinions, how many times have you seen THE STONES live? In your opinion, why do you think that THE STONES are the worst live band ever? WHO IS THE HIGHEST GROSSING LIVE BAND IN ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY? Thats right, you guessed it, THE ROLLING STONES! Long Live The Rolling Stones! ROCK ON!

the 25th celebration of the rock and roll hall of fame is coming up on september 25th in cleveland.

what better time for the greatest live band ever to reunite than then?i'm pretty sure jimmy page will take part in it somehow,whether bonham,jonesy,and percy take part is anybody's guess.it just would

not be much of a show if they did'nt perform that night,in my view!!!

Archived