Scarlet Page & Tom Brown Wedding in London

SteveAJones

Gherkin in London

Gherkin2.jpg

Like the song says, "I've been to London ..." and I must say some of the modern architecture there doesn't quite make it the cut [the London Eye, The Pizza Box, and this (Jerking Yer) Gherkin].

Of course, their older architecture is beautiful as it borrows from the rest of the world (some might even say stolen. Yikes!).

Anyhoo, congrats to the Bride 'n' Groom!!

P.S.: Chicago is to build a building that looks almost like a joint, called The Spire.

OMG!

I just got back from my trip to England and saw this! We were staying at the Marriott County Hall Hotel near the London Eye and only about a couple miles away from where the wedding took place on the day of the wedding! I was that close to Jimmy!

What a lovely bride! Scarlet looked so beautiful! And Jimmy and Ross looked very handsome. Thanks to Ross for the great photos.

I have some pictures of London taken from the London Eye that will rival Ross' which I will post later when I get over the jet lag. I am still running on England's time zone. Trying to get re-adjusted.

Edited to say that I think that the Gherkin Building is City Hall.

Like the song says, "I've been to London ..." and I must say some of the modern architecture there doesn't quite make it the cut [the London Eye, The Pizza Box, and this (Jerking Yer) Gherkin].

Of course, their older architecture is beautiful as it borrows from the rest of the world (some might even say stolen. Yikes!).

P.S.: Chicago is to build a building that looks almost like a joint, called The Spire.

Their ARCHITECTURE is borrowed from the rest of the world, or stolen?? :huh: (I'm not talking here about artifacts, like the Elgin Marbles.) Some of the world's greatest architects were/are British.

OMG!

I just got back from my trip to England and saw this! We were staying at the Marriott County Hall Hotel near the London Eye and only about a couple miles away from where the wedding took place on the day of the wedding! I was that close to Jimmy!

What a lovely bride! Scarlet looked so beautiful! And Jimmy and Ross looked very handsome. Thanks to Ross for the great photos.

I have some pictures of London taken from the London Eye that will rival Ross' which I will post later when I get over the jet lag. I am still running on England's time zone. Trying to get re-adjusted.

Edited to say that I think that the Gherkin Building is City Hall.

It's just offices. Rather boringly, it's official name is 30 St Mary Axe. Nice.

^ Way different times for sure. It'd be nice if some of that privacy was still in tact but seems nearly impossible these days with the internet being what it's become.

Even more so when their friends are posting pictures/info on their online diaries.

What's 'the Pizza Box'? London's modern architecture is pretty amazing too. How many other major cities thought to build a 443-foot observation wheel to view the city with?

London is one of the oldest cities in the world. Who, exactly, has it 'borrowed' it's architecture from?

;) Actually its swedish design

All of London is of Swedish design? This particular building may be, but my response was to the idea of London's "older architecture" being "stolen". Any city that old is obviously going to have numerous architectural influences, not to mention the efforts of the conquerors (Normans and Romans), but its own architecture is also widely imitated worldwide.

Good Med...Hows you? Busy busy here. Hope you had a nice summer. :)

What summer?! It seems it just flew by, LOL! That's OK, I much prefer fall anyway. My season is coming! I haven't been around our other hangout for a while, much shakin?

:toast:

Nada...I have been very busy with new programs that started in July and now preparing for September. I don't get to have summer anymore lol...I did take the kids away for a week though. Looking forward to Jimmy's coming out party sometime in 2010. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Crikey, here's some more news I missed during my year away from this board.

Well, a year too late, here's to the happy couple: CONGRATULATIONS Scarlet and Tom!

It's always weird when you hear about family news of the Zeppelin members, since during the band's heyday you

never heard a peep about them in the media. I don't think I knew what Robert's, John's and Bonzo's families looked

like until "The Song Remains the Same" movie was released.

Occasionally there might have been a mention, usually in one of Lisa Robinson's columns, of one of Jimmy's girls: Pamela,

Lori or Charlotte, but I didn't know he had a daughter named Scarlet until around the time of Knebworth.

Apart from the sad news of Karac's death, their really wasn't much reportage of the comings and goings of the Zeppelin

members family in the national media. They were too busy, I guess, following Mick & Bianca, John & Yoko, Paul & Linda,

David & Angie.

But then, that's probably the way the band liked it, and probably for the best. Compared to other celebrity children, their kids

seemed to have grown up to be happy, functioning adults.

Anyway, back to the topic...here's to a long and happy marriage! Scarlet was a beautiful bride of course!

Archived