The Stooges

Rock Action

I'm in! I love The Stooges. Awesome riffs, good vibe, love Iggy's voice.

I mean songs like Gimme Danger sends shivers down my spine! :)

Raw Power is a great album! It's just a shame they never got the mix right. Bowie's original sounded like the mike was placed in a toilet bowl (used), and Iggy's is distorted to shit. But still I love it.

Ig's remaster is definitely the better choice.

And all those little gems that never hit an album ("Sick Of You", etc..) great stuff too.

Well so far, that's ONE other fan! :lol:

For those who can't get past half a disc, I suggest Fun House. It's only about a half disc anyway, length wise. And it's their best stuff.

Hehe sorry didn't mean to imply I don't like them, back in the day they were one of my faves. However getting older has done something to me, my ears and taste in music have grown to like softer offerings. My fave Iggy based stuff is what he did with the Sales bros. I actually own Fun House, it's just not in my rotation any more.

Fun House is easily my favorite album from them. Raw Power is practically a different and less adventurous band. Both albums are great from start to finish, but while Raw Power was the pinnacle of rock, Fun House was showing where rock could go.

I bought the re-issue of Fun House when it came out. My ears aren't too sensitive to sound quality differences, but the new mastering sounds a little better to my ears... brighter and clearer, but also louder. As for the alternate versions of the songs, they sound nothing like the originals to me. The playing is much rougher, and for the most part, the energy level is a step down from what made it onto the album. They don't really stand well on their own, but they're cool for hearing where the songs evolved from. Just the fact that they're practically live and don't have the multiple guitar tracks hurt them a lot. Still fun to hear though.

Fun House is easily my favorite album from them. Raw Power is practically a different and less adventurous band. Both albums are great from start to finish, but while Raw Power was the pinnacle of rock, Fun House was showing where rock could go.

I bought the re-issue of Fun House when it came out. My ears aren't too sensitive to sound quality differences, but the new mastering sounds a little better to my ears... brighter and clearer, but also louder. As for the alternate versions of the songs, they sound nothing like the originals to me. The playing is much rougher, and for the most part, the energy level is a step down from what made it onto the album. They don't really stand well on their own, but they're cool for hearing where the songs evolved from. Just the fact that they're practically live and don't have the multiple guitar tracks hurt them a lot. Still fun to hear though.

Yeah, listen to "Loose" from the demos and then play the finished product. Quite a rise in energy level there. Most of that is caused by Scott, he's slamming the skins like a madman. Not to mention the lyrics, which were tamed for the masses. :lol:

However, I LOVE that 11+ minute version of the song Fun House. That was awesome.

• 1 year later...

Archived