Rock Festivals and Zep

McSeven

I know this is a forum for Zep talk. I was wondering what type of rock festivals you have all been two in recent years and what the vibe was?

I know that Robert seems to prefer festivals within his touring?

Do you all think that if Zep got back together, that playing a festival would be the best place to showcase themselves again.

I am thinking of going to the Lollapaloza 2010. I heard that the Download festival is pretty great too.

Mc7

Do you all think that if Zep got back together, that playing a festival would be the best place to showcase themselves again.

No, because generally speaking festivals are held in outdoor venues and I think the sonic

qualities of such a performance would be better served at a well chosen indoor venue.

There is also the possibility of inclement weather at an outdoor venue. Wouldn't it be a

shame to have another Tampa '77. :mellow:

No, because generally speaking festivals are held in outdoor venues and I think the sonic

qualities of such a performance would be better served at a well chosen indoor venue.

There is also the possibility of inclement weather at an outdoor venue. Wouldn't it be a

shame to have another Tampa '77. :mellow:

Not if the Grateful Dead's sound guys are available! :lol:

Weather permitting, some of those Dead shows were the most amazing sounding concerts I've ever heard. Sports arenas can have all those echoes and dead spots. Of course, you did say "well chosen indoor venue". That is key! ;)

"Dan Healy does Zeppelin" Sorry SHOWCO!

Not if the Grateful Dead's sound guys are available! :lol:

Weather permitting, some of those Dead shows were the most amazing sounding concerts I've ever heard. Sports arenas can have all those echoes and dead spots. Of course, you did say "well chosen indoor venue". That is key! ;)

"Dan Healy does Zeppelin" Sorry SHOWCO!

Very true about the Dead - I've mostly seen them outdoors and never had any issue with the sound being subpar and I've sat up close as well as completely opposite the stage :D

Very true about the Dead - I've mostly seen them outdoors and never had any issue with the sound being subpar and I've sat up close as well as completely opposite the stage :D

You sat? I fuckin DANCED babe! :D

Okay, maybe I lied down on the blanket staring at the sky during Drums and Space a few dozen times! ;):lol:

I don't like festivals. Too long, too many people, long restroom lines, waiting while bands I'm not interested in play etc. Never happen with bands too big to play smaller venues but I prefer the vibe and set up of smaller venues to the festival thing.

Archived