Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO's)

lzzoso

I am a firm believer in the "Presence" and phenonemon of UFO's. I know I am not the only one.

Whether you are a believer or non-believer, I would like you to share your own opinion on this great and fascinating subject.

If you do believe, why do you believe? Where do you think they come from? How do they get here from wherever they come from? What is their reason for visiting Earth?

If you are non-believer, why are you a non-believer? What is it that makes you think that our planet Earth is the "only" planet in the whole great Universe and Cosmos that makes Earth the only planet that does and can sustain and produce intelligent life?

Remember, I am fascinated by this subject and would like to read any and all opinions. Pro or Con. If you read this and find this as interesting as I do please post your own reply.

To think that we are alone in this vast universe would be a mistake. One of my biggest problems with UFOs in this day and age is that I have yet to see a decent quality picture or video. Just about everyone in North America and Europe has a cellphone with picture or video capabilities...so why no decent pic's? As for Roswell...sounds like a cover up to me. As with most things I remain sceptical until i see proof.

Bill Hicks on UFOs

That is also my problem with UFOs. Why is it always Alabama or Texas? When is a UFO gonna land outside the White House while the President's in? What about New York, or LA, or Chicago, or Atlanta?

Nope, it's fuckin' Fife, Alabama. To be stared at by fat, toothless rednecks with their long-ass shotguns...

Yeah... good shot, UFO. And for the love of God... abduct these people, already!

I have tried to remain skeptical, and have done a lot of research on this topic. The problem is wading through all of the conspiracy theory nuts out there to find genuine research and evidence which is subjected to the scientific method.

I have seen a handful of objects which I was unable to identify. My first stop has always been Heavens-Above, which is a satellite tracker, and in a few instances this has rule out my sightings as a UFO.

This leaves 2 events which I can't explain. I know they were very unusual.

The other MAJOR issue with the UFO community is the instant leap between Unidentified Flying Objects and Aliens.

Just about everyone in North America and Europe has a cellphone with picture or video capabilities...so why no decent pic's?.

Cellphone pictures and video are still too low quality to catch anything convincing.

Do I believe in life even intelligent life on other planets?

yes

Do I believe that they ever have visited us, or ever will in the near future?

no

The distances, temperatures and levels of radiation in outer space makes

the trip from a inhabited planet to earth will take such a huge amount of time.

The chances of something going wrong during the hundreds of years it will take to get here

are just astronomical.

Logic and reason just makes it so close to impossible that I can't believe in it.

Well first off, we need to stop using the term "UFO". Alien craft would be better. Just because we don't know what it is doesn't imply it's not of this Earth. "UFO" just means unidentified. If I threw a hotdog across the field at a baseball game, and no one knew what it was, it would be an unidentified flying object! :lol:

Do I believe? Yes I do! Not in "UFO"s per se, but I do find the concept of alien intervention in the birth of mankind plausible. I'm not saying it's true, just possible. Who fucked the monkey indeed? ;)

Do I believe in life even intelligent life on other planets?

yes

Do I believe that they ever have visited us, or ever will in the near future?

no

The distances, temperatures and levels of radiation in outer space makes

the trip from a inhabited planet to earth will take such a huge amount of time.

The chances of something going wrong during the hundreds of years it will take to get here

are just astronomical.

Logic and reason just makes it so close to impossible that I can't believe in it.

Hi 'Stargazer'

Have you not ever heard of "Wormholes" and "Portals"? Well if not, then thats how Aliens travel around the Universe.

Wether you believe or not is unimportant, and just because it sounds "Out of this World" doesnt mean another Alien Civilisation couldnt achieve that level of Science does it?

Regards, Danny

PS, Oh yes, please dont forget, if you say you dont believe in Fairies, one dies, careless talk cost lives. :watchingyou:

One has to also take into consideration time and developement of technology. Look how far we've come in the last century. Now imagine if an alien civilization had today's technology, only say, half a million years ago. Imagine they have had for ages what we won't achieve for another thousand years. :beer:

My dad was a quantum physics professor. I don't rule anything out! ;)

Well first off, we need to stop using the term "UFO". Alien craft would be better. Just because we don't know what it is doesn't imply it's not of this Earth. "UFO" just means unidentified. If I threw a hotdog across the field at a baseball game, and no one knew what it was, it would be an unidentified flying object! :lol:

Do I believe? Yes I do! Not in "UFO"s per se, but I do find the concept of alien intervention in the birth of mankind plausible. I'm not saying it's true, just possible. Who fucked the monkey indeed? ;)

Hi Ev,

"Alien craft" could that be construde as "Mexican Hobbies" or something simular? :lol:

"Who fucked the monkey indeed" Well you know it was the Lizard Men dont you? ;)

Regards, Danny

Hmmmm ... That's a difficult subject to talk about but, OK ... I'll bite.

We are not alone in the universe! This has already been shown to be true. There is life out there, even in hostile area's of space.

We have found life on the bottom of our ocean's, on the boiling and/or freezing moon's/planet's in our own solar system so there must be life in other system's and there most likely are other dimension's with thing's that we could never understand in or around them.

Thing's like time and radiation are only of our human (as we are now) fate, not that of a being that has no boundaries or is immortal.

They have been here before but, I believe they don't like what they see in our way of life so they do not wish to be among us with our knowledge.

Think about it ... If you where a small group of immortal (perfect in every way) time traveler's and you passed by earth and witnessed how we live our lives of crime, war and hunger would you want anything to do with us?

If you where them, perfect in every way, you wouldn't even understand what was going on down here and it would not seem very pleasant to do nothing more than study us for a while.

Think about it ... If you where a small group of immortal (perfect in every way) time traveler's and you passed by earth and witnessed how we live our lives of crime, war and hunger would you want anything to do with us?

Hi 'BonzoLikeDrumer'

Yes I would, i would wipe the Earths surface clean of the Virus that we call "Humanity" (apart from me and a few friends that is) in a second and start again with a different formula, or is that what someone/something is already doing?

Regards, Danny

We could suspend the notion of them being "perfect in every way" and simply contemplate the notion they are simply ahead of us technologically. Think about it. Little more than a century ago, we were carrying the mail by horseback. Now we can communicate anywhere on the planet (and in space) in an instant. Multiply that by several hundred thousand years, and who knows what is possible? Less than a century ago we had the atom. Assumed to be the smallest form of matter. Then came particle theory. Then string theory. An atom could be an entire universe in itself. Our universe could be a flea on a dog's back. Then there's the concept of alternate universes. All the rest is human vanity (and religion). Think BIG! :beer:

Who can imagine what they think of us? Who knows if they care? We could just be an ant farm to them! :lol:

Face it, we're just a bunch of spin and quarks! :lol:

Hi 'BonzoLikeDrumer'

Yes I would, i would wipe the Earths surface clean of the Virus that we call "Humanity" (apart from me and a few friends that is) in a second and start again with a different formula, or is that what someone/something is already doing?

Regards, Danny

That's a good one Danny! Ha Ha ... But, I don't think you understood my post. Some one who can travel through time for great distances would know how important it is for being's to learn to deal with thing's that need to be resolved.

When you are dealing with time remember that a paradox can become real!

We just need to become like them and leave what we are now (and they where once like) behind. That is we need to become immortal as well, if we want to stop all our human trouble's.

I know it sound's boring but, if we are to be at true peace and coexist with our earth bound home we can not remain human. And the kicker is that if we do change our self it will make us an all around being, just think about it! We will only need a source of light to survive!

UFO =/= Alien spaceship. Of course UFO's exist. They are flying objects that aren't identified. They could be birds, planes, weather balloons, or globular lightning. You just can't make it out.

But as far as aliens and such go, I'm open-minded. The universe is infinite. The chances that we are the only intelligent species out there are very low.

UFO =/= Alien spaceship. Of course UFO's exist. They are flying objects that aren't identified. They could be birds, planes, weather balloons, or globular lightning. You just can't make it out.

Pretty much what I said when I lobbed that hotdog across second base! "What WAS that?" :lol:

I do think it's a shame that what was an Air Force term for something "we're not sure what it is" has become a term for alien spaceship. I watched an object floating in the sky for the better part of half an hour. It was a plastic bag riding the air current. Upon inspection, no Greys were found. ;)

But as I said in my previous posts, I find the concept of advanced beings not of this Earth entirely plausible. :beer:

Pretty much what I said when I lobbed that hotdog across second base! "What WAS that?" :lol:

I do think it's a shame that what was an Air Force term for something "we're not sure what it is" has become a term for alien spaceship. I watched an object floating in the sky for the better part of half an hour. It was a plastic bag riding the air current. Upon inspection, no Greys were found. ;)

But as I said in my previous posts, I find the concept of advanced beings not of this Earth entirely plausible. :beer:

I also watched a pretty funny psuedo-science thing on the History Channel on USO's. One nutter claimed his plane went down off of Catalina Island. Instead of drowning, he was teleported out of the cockpit and saved by an underwater alien. Maybe he saw The Abyss too many times.

The History Channel has become such a farce. I miss Mail Call.

I also watched a pretty funny psuedo-science thing on the History Channel on USO's. One nutter claimed his plane went down off of Catalina Island. Instead of drowning, he was teleported out of the cockpit and saved by an underwater alien. Maybe he saw The Abyss too many times.

The History Channel has become such a farce. I miss Mail Call.

Catalina Island was what I gazed at from the beach my entire childhood. Nobody picked my ass up but the beer police.

Maybe he was ridden in by a stingray! :lol:

Hi 'Stargazer'

Have you not ever heard of "Wormholes" and "Portals"? Well if not, then thats how Aliens travel around the Universe.

Wether you believe or not is unimportant, and just because it sounds "Out of this World" doesnt mean another Alien Civilisation couldnt achieve that level of Science does it?

Regards, Danny

PS, Oh yes, please dont forget, if you say you dont believe in Fairies, one dies, careless talk cost lives. :watchingyou:

wormholes and portals? :D

first, wormholes have never been observed, they are only hypothetical.

faster than light travel is not something to be trivialized, the level of energy

needed to achieve it is beyond, not only what we can make, but also what we can

comprehend. Making a portal would probably need a little more than a liter of gas too.

if we receive so many visits from these super evolved, super intelligent species,

then where are they? If they are spending so much energy and time traveling here,

then why are they spending their time kidnapping red necks and hovering ominously

over people and then just disappear? why don't they make contact? why don't they show them selves? All of this conspiracy, ifs and buts smells like bullshit to me.

of course there are life on other planets, but why travel all this way for nothing, dosen't seem

that intelligent to me.

wouldn't faster-than-light travel destroy the universe? From what I know, as you approach the speed of light, your mass increases and time slows down. Once reached, the energy being burned to maintain the speed has to be infinite. So you would be this gigantic thing of infinite mass, infinte energy speeding throughout the universe. Although my understanding is very small so feel free to correct me.

wormholes and portals? :D

first, wormholes have never been observed, they are only hypothetical.

faster than light travel is not something to be trivialized, the level of energy

needed to achieve it is beyond, not only what we can make, but also what we can

comprehend. Making a portal would probably need a little more than a liter of gas too.

if we receive so many visits from these super evolved, super intelligent species,

then where are they? If they are spending so much energy and time traveling here,

then why are they spending their time kidnapping red necks and hovering ominously

over people and then just disappear? why don't they make contact? why don't they show them selves? All of this conspiracy, ifs and buts smells like bullshit to me.

of course there are life on other planets, but why travel all this way for nothing, dosen't seem

that intelligent to me.

Hi 'Stargazer'

Whos to say that they havent made contact with us already, they just havent told you and me thats all, beware of Men with Green Skin and Forked Tongues and Women who sit on Clutches of Eggs, thats what i say.

"Hypothetical" is to one Species as "Fact" is to another, we are but one of countless lifeforms in the Universe, we think we are a Big, Advanced, Know It All Species, how arrogant we are.

There are Species out there, or here with us right now, that are as advanced from us as we are from the Ameoba.

And we can only speculate as to what they are doing here, if here they are that is.

Regards, Danny

Archived