Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO's)

lzzoso

I believe that even if "aliens" do exist, they must still answer the fundamental questions of whether or not any other intelligent life exists in the universe, and there is no proof the have the technology to find us.

That presumes they discovered us here. That they came from some distant galaxy. Now if an advanced civilization with little more technology than our own current came from within our own Solar system (just like we went to the Moon), and found Earth to be a choice place to colonize, and saw the upright-walking ape-man, and figured Hey, a little hybridizing could make them a worker for us....We shall call him Edama. Adam. Now their surrogate birth mothers are getting sick of breeding these workers. Suppose we engineer a female capable of reproduction? Let's call her Eve. This story is 6,000 years old. Older than the Bible. It's called the Enuma Elish. The Sumerian Creation story.

This is what you end up with when your course of study has been Theology, Mythology, Anthropology and the study of pre-Judeo-Christian texts for over two decades. When you read a text that pre-dates Abraham by 3,000 years that tells the Genesis Creation story almost verbatim, with the difference being that multiple "gods" came down from the sky (not immortal, but very long-lived and vastly superior) you take notice! :lol: Abraham just took the ancient tale and coalesced gods into one God. The Lord. Even the Bible itself has two Creation stories. Like I've stated before, "Elohim" is plural. It means gods. Somehow the scribes managed to leave that bit in. Follow the clues. ;)

yes, a bible quote, that changes everything! :rolleyes:

as this discussion crumbles into bible quotes and conspiracy theories, I will

leave you now, as the insanity truly starts.

NOTHING I posted was intended to be regarded as conclusive, nor did I suggest it was. Roll your eyes and roll the fuck out of the thread then. Runknisse!

here we start again, time travel?!

traveling forward in time is possible, if you have a veichle that can travel in near light speed.

traveling backwards in time on the other hand starts to shake the very core of physics.

I'm not talking about showing up on the news, I'm talking about the fact that people seem to easily believe that the Illuminati can rule the world behind a veil of secrecy.

But seem to forget the near impossibility of hiding something of that magnitude.

The larger a conspiracy theory is, the less likely it is to be true.

think of all the people, all the chains of information and no leakage?

No sudden readings of strange energy and or radiation as the aliens are whizzing through our atmosphere? That is extremely improbable.

If you want to be taken seriously, start collecting proper data, get into research.

There are tons of private and government funded studies out there that use a little

more respected methods than “theyarealreadyhere.com.”

OK, chill out dude! I was only trying to make you think out side the box man. If you talk about being's from other world's, system's, galaxies or even dimension's you can not just use form's of thinking as we know (our way of thinking) and take it as a normal way of proving thing's every where you go in the universe. That's why I made the statement about the 11:00 new's. If we are going to except the reality of another place in time we have to also except that there is another way of thinking and different law's of physic's (than we now know) to work with.

It really could have the same dangers as making up a story to keep thing's gong in a direction that is just to your advantage or keep's others following. This is how I see it, following a dream will lead you into the same pit as just following the one who is the dreamer.

We do know that time keep's going on so there for, there must be other time's in witch to travel in/to.

We have started getting closer to the speed of light but still need a bit more time to get all the way there.

Tell me Stargazer, what do you know about the speed of light and how close are we to getting to it at this point?

I only wish to know what you know so far.

OK, chill out dude! I was only trying to make you think out side the box man. If you talk about being's from other world's, system's, galaxies or even dimension's you can not just use form's of thinking as we know (our way of thinking) and take it as a normal way of proving thing's every where you go in the universe. That's why I made the statement about the 11:00 new's.

Ok I might a gotten a little bit rash and insistent, I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

But i just get a little testy when people seem talk about these things without actually studying

the science behind it. When you actually look at the data, things are not as easy as they look in si-fi movies.

what mostly gets to me is the certainty in witch some people talk about alien visitors, when there is no proof, as long as you are talking about faith and believing, and not facts, I think that it is imperative to leave the conversation on that level.

If we are going to except the reality of another place in time we have to also except that there is another way of thinking and different law's of physic's (than we now know) to work with.

the laws of physics that scientists work with on a daily basis are challenged and disproved on a regular basis,

I will give you that. Just look at the Newtonian laws of gravity, it is disproved on a daily basis by satellites orbiting earth, yet it always seem to get things right here on earth.

but on the other hand inter dimensional travel IS impossible, if you travel from this dimension to another, and the laws of physics are just a little different there than here, you will cease to exist the second you enter.

It really could have the same dangers as making up a story to keep thing's gong in a direction that is just to your advantage or keep's others following. This is how I see it, following a dream will lead you into the same pit as just following the one who is the dreamer.

therefore it is important to not get sucked into conspiracy theories and wacky stories and keep our critical eye open. Having a open mind is about having your mind open to ALL possibilities and investigating the facts.

After you have done that you make up your opinion based on those facts, not your emotions or what feels comfortable.

We do know that time keep's going on so there for, there must be other time's in witch to travel in/to.
actually not, because time is just an component of the measurement system used to define other components,like velocity. (I'm kind of quoting wikipedia on this, just look up the article about time)

it is not a energy or some kind of mass, it is just an expression for us to comprehend and sequence events.

So when something has happened, then the energy and mass that came together to make that happen are spread along to do other things and make other events. So you can't just travel "back" to that point. traveling forward is just about speeding up the sequence of events without speeding up the sequence in the "craft" that you use to do it.

I will not claim expert knowledge about this, time is actually extremely complex and abstract.

We have started getting closer to the speed of light but still need a bit more time to get all the way there.

Tell me Stargazer, what do you know about the speed of light and how close are we to getting to it at this point?

I only wish to know what you know so far.

we have reached the speed of light, all the information that is on the internett is traveling by the speed of light. (well very close to TSOL) But there lies the problem, energy can easely travel at light speed, mass can not. As far I rember even reaching the speed of light will actually transform mass into energy, and you can't turn back from that.

Again wikipedia can be helpfull here. look up faster-than-light and light speed. As I said, I'm no expert.

Ok I might a gotten a little bit rash and insistent, I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

But i just get a little testy when people seem talk about these things without actually studying

the science behind it. When you actually look at the data, things are not as easy as they look in si-fi movies.

what mostly gets to me is the certainty in witch some people talk about alien visitors, when there is no proof, as long as you are talking about faith and believing, and not facts, I think that it is imperative to leave the conversation on that level.

the laws of physics that scientists work with on a daily basis are challenged and disproved on a regular basis,

I will give you that. Just look at the Newtonian laws of gravity, it is disproved on a daily basis by satellites orbiting earth, yet it always seem to get things right here on earth.

but on the other hand inter dimensional travel IS impossible, if you travel from this dimension to another, and the laws of physics are just a little different there than here, you will cease to exist the second you enter.

therefore it is important to not get sucked into conspiracy theories and wacky stories and keep our critical eye open. Having a open mind is about having your mind open to ALL possibilities and investigating the facts.

After you have done that you make up your opinion based on those facts, not your emotions or what feels comfortable.

actually not, because time is just an component of the measurement system used to define other components,like velocity. (I'm kind of quoting wikipedia on this, just look up the article about time)

it is not a energy or some kind of mass, it is just an expression for us to comprehend and sequence events.

So when something has happened, then the energy and mass that came together to make that happen are spread along to do other things and make other events. So you can't just travel "back" to that point. traveling forward is just about speeding up the sequence of events without speeding up the sequence in the "craft" that you use to do it.

I will not claim expert knowledge about this, time is actually extremely complex and abstract.

we have reached the speed of light, all the information that is on the internett is traveling by the speed of light. (well very close to TSOL) But there lies the problem, energy can easely travel at light speed, mass can not. As far I rember even reaching the speed of light will actually transform mass into energy, and you can't turn back from that.

Again wikipedia can be helpfull here. look up faster-than-light and light speed. As I said, I'm no expert.

It's cool man I don't hate you dude.

So you have done some reading at least that's good, and that is what I wanted to find out about, if you where stabbing at it or had done some research.

All you have said has fact but again if we want to think about other worlds/time's we do have to change how we think about how every thing is every where.

For example if a life form needs not any material mass to exist then time travel will be quite easy to achieve for that particular being (if what you have out-lined is true).

This is where I tread when I think about the possibility of being's traveling in time for great distances and for great period's of time (actually into infinity).

If the evolutionary path stay's on coarse we too will become mass less entities just existing in time. No physical bodies no skin, blood or anything as we now understand.

And if we can get that far, there are indeed thing's that none of us can even give explanation to or begin to understand.

Is that part any clearer to you now?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Carl Sagan

People have been seeing things and writing and documenting them since the dawn of history. From "bible quotes" to the Sumerians to every culture on the planet. They can't all have been wrong. Again, I'm not talking time travel or dimension jumps; physically impossible things at least at this point. I'm talking about friggin Martians! :lol:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Carl Sagan

People have been seeing things and writing and documenting them since the dawn of history. From "bible quotes" to the Sumerians to every culture on the planet. They can't all have been wrong. Again, I'm not talking time travel or dimension jumps; physically impossible things at least at this point. I'm talking about friggin Martians! :lol:

Empirical evidence aliens from other worlds exist.

billy_ray_cyrus.jpg

Did he say "Bible quotes." Man you better be careful you don't get zapped and become a salt lick or something..

The bible and the other writing's from old culture's are taken for truth mainly because of the fact that very few people in those time's where educated enough to even be able to read or write.

I'm not saying anything for/against these manuscript's but these fact's are true and a society that can't read or write is not going to be very intelligent.

You can find example's of people describing light's and object's in the sky from much earlier than the day's of the early Hebrew bible. Most can be dismissed as meteor shower's and the like's, but many can not be explained.

Obviously, if there where few educated people 2000 years ago, the one's before that time where even less bright. So, we have a problem with believing folk-lor, some have a problem believing that the earth revolves around the sun (many still will not except this fact). It's not my place to judge one for there believing in such thing's. I do on the other hand believe in the ability for other being's to move in time at there own will and to any extent they wish, like I said, time travel is not the trouble ..... the time traveler is what can cause the problem.

My quotes are from way before Biblical times. The Enuma Elish, the Sumerian Creation story; The Epic of Gilgamesh, etc.

The story goes that the god Enki created man by mixing the blood of the gods with the blood of the ape man. Hybridization through DNA manipulation. What was the symbol of Enki? The double helix. The origin of the modern physician's caduceus.

EnkiDNA.jpg

Enki was the serpent god. By the time the Bible came to be, he'd long been immortalized as the tempter of Eve. He gave mankind the fruit of knowledge i.e. the ability to procreate. Adama (Adam) is the Sumerian word for "mixed one".

cad.jpg

The point is, perhaps the advancement of human knowledge wasn't linear. Perhaps we were more advanced at some stage in the distant past. Perhaps modern science is merely catching up with ancient knowledge.

Seventh-grader Kevin Cox was reminded this weekend that animals are unpredictable, and sometimes, just plain odd.

abc_gma_deer_061023_sp.jpgOregon seventh-grader Kevin Cox flees from a deer during cross-country practice. (ABCNEWS.com)Kevin was warming up for a cross-country race in Bend, Ore., when a deer strolled by.

He and the other kids decided to say hello, but this Bambi wasn't quite as sweet as the Disney deer.

"I thought it would be pretty cool to pet a deer," Kevin said. "So Iwalked up and started petting this deer. And then it jumped on my backso I pushed it off and started walking away. And then I looked back andsaw it running after me. That really scared me."

"So I started running away, and I thought it was kinda funny atfirst," Kevin said. "Until, you know, it ran after me for a good aboutseven minutes."

Kevin's cross-country training came in handy in this situation.

"I didn't know what the deer was gonna do to me when it caughtup," he said. "I ran off. … And I was jumping over bushes. And I wasrunning around in circles to get it to stop following me, and it kepton following me. That was kinda creepy."

Bambi Just Wanted to Say Hello, Too

Finally, the deer overtook Kevin and got a little overly friendly.

"It caught up to me, and then it jumped on my back and startedlicking my ear, so I pushed it off and it started licking my earagain," Kevin said. "So I just kept on running, and there were coacheswith sweat shirts and they yelled at me to come towards them. So I rantowards them, and they shooed the deer off with their sweat shirts."

Kevin and his coaches have a theory on why the deer chased him.

"The coaches said that it wanted the salt from the sweat on myback, and, um, I think it was using me as a human salt lick," saidKevin, who learned a valuable lesson from the bizarre encounter.

"I don't think I'm ever going to pet a deer again

My quotes are from way before Biblical times. The Enuma Elish, the Sumerian Creation story; The Epic of Gilgamesh, etc.

The story goes that the god Enki created man by mixing the blood of the gods with the blood of the ape man. Hybridization through DNA manipulation. What was the symbol of Enki? The double helix. The origin of the modern physician's caduceus.

EnkiDNA.jpg

Enki was the serpent god. By the time the Bible came to be, he'd long been immortalized as the tempter of Eve. He gave mankind the fruit of knowledge i.e. the ability to procreate. Adama (Adam) is the Sumerian word for "mixed one".

cad.jpg

The point is, perhaps the advancement of human knowledge wasn't linear. Perhaps we were more advanced at some stage in the distant past. Perhaps modern science is merely catching up with ancient knowledge.

Actually man worshiped worms before the bible was written. More than 100 men wrote the bible

Gilgamesh is mythology just as God is a myth. IMO anyhow.

All hominids have a common ancester. As far as we know anyways. Not being able to explain the gap is no reason to toss all the fossils down the tubes. If the chemistry teacher gave you as test tube and instructions you follow her instructions. Not say "God will take care of it."

In the past about 11 of us saw what appeared to be a U.F.O.

But, it could have been a military experiment of sorts.

Oh yeah. Couldn't resist the deer news. I thought it was very cute.

EnkiDNA.jpg

cad.jpg

Yes, I got your post Ev, I'm sorry I should have quoted that you had stated that.

This reinforces my post even more. If you look back at the belief's over the years you will find many likenesses of an earlier belief morphed into the newer one's. One god or god like thing being sanitized into the common or modern (to the one's accepting the new) religion. And it's not just confined to religion, but to a society and that society's way of life in general as well.

Actually man worshiped worms before the bible was written. More than 100 men wrote the bible

Gilgamesh is mythology just as God is a myth. IMO anyhow.

All hominids have a common ancester. As far as we know anyways. Not being able to explain the gap is no reason to toss all the fossils down the tubes. If the chemistry teacher gave you as test tube and instructions you follow her instructions. Not say "God will take care of it."

In the past about 11 of us saw what appeared to be a U.F.O.

But, it could have been a military experiment of sorts.

Oh yeah. Couldn't resist the deer news. I thought it was very cute.

As old as the earth is and the fact that we have come to be in our present state in what, 30,000 or so years? I know that the early upright walking men have been a round much much longer but we as, Homo-sapiens for 30,000 some odd years.

So, the earth is billion's of years old, there are sure to be possibilities that other being's could have called earth home but where ahead of us in time (older species) and have been long gone from here. Or maybe even still exist with us but they are in an advanced state of some other form of life that ... like I said before, we do not understand or know of.

Seventh-grader Kevin Cox was reminded this weekend that animals are unpredictable, and sometimes, just plain odd.

abc_gma_deer_061023_sp.jpgOregon seventh-grader Kevin Cox flees from a deer during cross-country practice. (ABCNEWS.com)Kevin was warming up for a cross-country race in Bend, Ore., when a deer strolled by.

He and the other kids decided to say hello, but this Bambi wasn't quite as sweet as the Disney deer.

"I thought it would be pretty cool to pet a deer," Kevin said. "So Iwalked up and started petting this deer. And then it jumped on my backso I pushed it off and started walking away. And then I looked back andsaw it running after me. That really scared me."

"So I started running away, and I thought it was kinda funny atfirst," Kevin said. "Until, you know, it ran after me for a good aboutseven minutes."

Kevin's cross-country training came in handy in this situation.

"I didn't know what the deer was gonna do to me when it caughtup," he said. "I ran off. … And I was jumping over bushes. And I wasrunning around in circles to get it to stop following me, and it kepton following me. That was kinda creepy."

Bambi Just Wanted to Say Hello, Too

Finally, the deer overtook Kevin and got a little overly friendly.

"It caught up to me, and then it jumped on my back and startedlicking my ear, so I pushed it off and it started licking my earagain," Kevin said. "So I just kept on running, and there were coacheswith sweat shirts and they yelled at me to come towards them. So I rantowards them, and they shooed the deer off with their sweat shirts."

Kevin and his coaches have a theory on why the deer chased him.

"The coaches said that it wanted the salt from the sweat on myback, and, um, I think it was using me as a human salt lick," saidKevin, who learned a valuable lesson from the bizarre encounter.

"I don't think I'm ever going to pet a deer again

I think this is a real 911 call!

Archived