2009 Perseid Meteor Shower to be a Good One !

The Rover

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...er-tonight.html

Meteor Shower Tuesday Night to Yield 80 Meteors an Hour?

Ann Minard

for National Geographic News

Updated August 11, 2009

The Perseid meteor shower will have to fight it out with a bright moon for visibility this year, but astronomers are still predicting a dazzling show tonight.

From any vantage point in the world, you might see more than 80 meteors an hour streak across the sky during the best viewing time, when the moon's glare will be weakest—late tonight and into the wee hours of tomorrow, local cloud and lighting conditions permitting.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...er-tonight.html

Meteor Shower Tuesday Night to Yield 80 Meteors an Hour?

Ann Minard

for National Geographic News

Updated August 11, 2009

The Perseid meteor shower will have to fight it out with a bright moon for visibility this year, but astronomers are still predicting a dazzling show tonight.

From any vantage point in the world, you might see more than 80 meteors an hour streak across the sky during the best viewing time, when the moon's glare will be weakest—late tonight and into the wee hours of tomorrow, local cloud and lighting conditions permitting.

Putting the telescope on the deck now. Should be awesome as we have no lights in the area I live in:-)

Was absolutely clear here. Totally regret selling my Meade 8" LX200! Didn't see shit! Frickin Vegas lights! :angry:

LOL-I am laughing with you. It had not rained here in 5 days, then last night a storm followed by clouds. I really wanted to see this. I love this stuff.

I saw a couple night before last. Didn't go to the mountains though.

Just on coincidence though I was looking out just briefly that same night to see if there were light clouds or what and I saw a huge falling star. I don't think it was "with" the meteors but it was a huge glowing flash. Cool.

Archived