Which are your favourite guitars Jimmy played(Talking about both sound and looks,ok?)

Zoso94T

I've often wondered what it meant to Ms. Dale. She also played on David Gilmour's dvd and other prestigious rock w/orchestral backup works. I wonder if, as a classical cellist she gets off as much as we do, or if it's just another day at the job. She certainly looks thrilled!

Hi Evster! :wave: As a woman, I have to ask, "Hey can you blame her for looking thrilled?" LOL! Who wouldn't be! To see such a gifted virtuosic guitarist is a great thrill for any string instrument musician, or any fan for that matter! :D Wow, I didn't know she worked with Gilmour as well. She must love her gigs! She does seem like a sweet person, too. But, then again, maybe she was seeing it as just another day at the ol' job. Who knows? (I doubt it) :D Did you like the way she enjoyed the jammin' @ the end of Kashmir? That impromptu Jimmy vs. Michael Lee call & response action at the end? Love watching that over & over! :beer:

Hello my friend,you have a Martin guitar? ^_^ Yeah, I know me nether!!! :'( They are to darn expensive for me right now! Ha Ha Ha.

Hi my friend! :wave: About the Martin question: How dyou know the answer was "no"? Well I do! Naaah, just kidding. They're too dear for me too! Wouldn't mind owning a Gibson sunburst acoustic, too. Too much for my wallet nowadays. Haha. Anyways, I'm content to have my three acoustics--one steel string, the other two, classicals. :D (Tho't I'd experiment with size of fonts) :P

Personally, I always loved his Tele's. He always was quite more expressive it seemed, through them....though, I find humbucker guitars like his Les Pauls(RIP) to be better sounding in a sense of full tone. I doubt anyone can deny the visual effect of the Double necked SG

I always loved his Teles too...Jimmy has recorded some kick ass work at them!Besides,his Teles are my favourites :D

Hi my friend! :wave: About the Martin question: How dyou know the answer was "no"? Well I do! Naaah, just kidding. They're too dear for me too! Wouldn't mind owning a Gibson sunburst acoustic, too. Too much for my wallet nowadays. Haha. Anyways, I'm content to have my three acoustics--one steel string, the other two, classicals. :D (Tho't I'd experiment with size of fonts) :P

Hi Fan S!Acoustic Gibsons are great guitars...Especially the J-200,and J-45 models!I wish i had a J-200 :rolleyes:

I always loved his Teles too...Jimmy has recorded some kick ass work at them!Besides,his Teles are my favourites :D

I always liked when he used the B Bender, especially live... makes me want to put on my tele!

I always liked when he used the B Bender, especially live... makes me want to put on my tele!

Haha,you and me pal,it happens to me to!Jimmy has also recorded on this B-Bender Tele,and i really want a Tele like that,even if i have one :lol:Kick ass color by the way ;)

• 3 months later...

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but oh well. Anyway, my favorite guitar of Jimmy's is the Black Les Paul Custom (I think it's a '58 but I could be wrong) with the three humbuckers and the bigsby tail-piece that he used when he was a session musician. Although for some strange reason, he favored a normal Les Paul instead of that maginficant instrument while playing in Zeppelin (It's the guitar that Jimmy uses at the tail end of the footage from Royal Albert Hall on the DVD).

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but oh well. Anyway, my favorite guitar of Jimmy's is the Black Les Paul Custom (I think it's a '58 but I could be wrong) with the three humbuckers and the bigsby tail-piece that he used when he was a session musician. Although for some strange reason, he favored a normal Les Paul instead of that maginficant instrument while playing in Zeppelin (It's the guitar that Jimmy uses at the tail end of the footage from Royal Albert Hall on the DVD).

That Black Beauty Les Paul was one of Jimmy's favourites.(Along with the '59 Standard,and a'58 Telecaster)He didn't use it anymore after 1970,because an idiot stole it :angry: .He tried to find it,but nothing...

Jimmy Page sounds great on all his different guitars.

My personal favorite has got to be the Roland GR-500. It makes endless sounds of mystery and fusion. It has so many knobs to adjust. Well, the guitar part is a bit heavy to wear (the strap digs in a bit) but that thing is AMAZING.

post-14198-126195909716_thumb.png

Archived