In My Time of Dying 6/22/77

tom kid

This is a great version of IMTOD. Great vocals by Plant and the jam at the very end is cool. Not the greatest recording, but not the worst by any means. I highly reccomend those who haven't already heard it to seek it out.

I actually prefer 3 nights later at the Forum, where that version of In My Time Of Dying was just so raucous that Saturday night. Maybe because it was the first show after Badgeholders, maybe because they had a day off in between, but that In My Time of Dying version just rocked. Plus, Robert's impromtu vocals on Little Richard's Rip It Up were so powerful. My favorite version by far.

I actually prefer 3 nights later at the Forum, where that version of In My Time Of Dying was just so raucous that Saturday night. Maybe because it was the first show after Badgeholders, maybe because they had a day off in between, but that In My Time of Dying version just rocked. Plus, Robert's impromtu vocals on Little Richard's Rip It Up were so powerful. My favorite version by far.

Well it's Saturday night and I just got paid...

Agreed, this is also great but I prefer the 22nd rendition, Robert's vocals are just so powerful.

Archived