Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bonham

Funny story about Robert Plant.

I don't know where to start with this one, and I don't want it to sound like like boasting either.

But, I think me and Robert Plant have shared the same woman.

There's a woman I met about 5-6 weeks ago by the name of Shea. She's about 37, and we had a one night stand. We kept in touch for a while afterwards and then met up a few times again.

Well, we got into a conversation about music and she just so happened to bring Led Zeppelin up, to my joy, I pointed out they were a favourite band of mine. And then to my disbelief, she said she KNEW Robert Plant.

I had to find out how, so I began some queries.

She'd told me she met him about 9 years ago in a pub, somewhere out in Black Country, which is also where she is from. She went into great detail about how they met: She told me that her friend and herself were in this pub that Robert frequents every Friday, Saturday and Sunday if he isn't busy.

She did tell me the name of the pub, but I can't remember it right now - I think it had the word Green in it, or something sounding similar. But anyway, she told me her friend pointed out Robert Plant, and Shea didn't believe it, so she took it upon herself to investigate personally.

Apparantly, she approached him, and asked if he was Robert Plant, and he had turnt around to her and said "Are you looking for an autograph?", to which she replied, "No. My friend reckons you're Robert Plant, but he's better looking than you" (She knew it was him). He laughed and told her it was a breath of fresh air to have someone with a sense of humour approach him, as I was told he doesn't like admitting to anyone it's him, especially if all he wants to do is live his life normally nowadays.

She also told me they were in a recording studio once whilst Rolf Harris was doing a cover of Stairway to Heaven, and Robert Plant pissed himself laughing at it.

He'd also told her that Stairway to Heaven was written as a tribute to John Bonham's father, which I had no idea about. Among other things she's told me that quite often he gets his cars stolen, lol.

Now of course, I needed proof that she even knew him at all. But I didn't even have to ask for that - she tried ringing him, but there was no answer (He has a Vodafone account ;) ). So then she text him and asked him if he was and to get back to her. About half an hour later she got a text back saying "Why did you try ringing me only to put the phone down on me?", obviously there was a mistake.

And then she rang him again, and he ANSWERED! She put him on loudspeaker, I could barely understand their accents, but I knew it was him. She introduced me from loudspeaker, and seriously, all I could mutter was, "Alright, mate". And then they had some wildly long conversation, whilst I just kept my mouth shut, enjoying cigarette after cigarette.

Now, I know if I were you, I'd take this story with a pinch of salt, but these are my own accounts and I feel very privileged to have been involved in that coinsidence.

Sure hope Robert's wife don't find out about that!

Don't know but, I don't think it would be the first time that look-a-like's following Band's around, telling all the teen aged girl's they could meet after the show that they are the real thing. :dont::D

Seems unlikely...

BUT! If I were you I'd assume it was Plant too, because then you have a story to tell later on about how you talked to him on the phone.