Do you want Zepp in an Arena near you?

Achilees limp

211 members have voted

1. 1. do you want a 2008 tour???

• Yes
    • No

I do not care where they are, If I tohught there was a remote chance of getting into the show in london I would travel for that alone. When It was Just Page/Plant95 saw em ALOT including 2nights at the garden in october(front row on my birthday). In 98? yes 8 shows. If Zep tours... My wife is NOT gonna be happy. For What its worth I want to see them In the Garden. Its among their fave venues top 3 I would say. Thats why Page/Plant Closed their tour there.

YES, THE GARDEN! And not just because I live 30 minutes from it (though that doesn't hurt), but because even Zep knows that there is nothing like a NY audience. A Madison Square Garden audience is what they need to remember and to re-live. 02 Arena was necessary in order to make a performance at the Garden seem possible again. My apologies to the rest of the world....I don't mean to belittle or undermine anyone.

Yes, yes, YESSSSS!

NEW HAVEN!!!!!

Well, actually they knocked down the coliseum last January....so they'd probably have to to Hartford, CT. I would love to see them come back to Connecticut. I never had the chance to see them but I would be willing to travel distances if I had chance to see them live. i've been listening to Led Zeppelin since I was very small. My brothers loved them and introduced me to the music when I was a tiny tot. Grew up listening, and never stopped. Now my kids listen as well. :D

Big time YES (and not just at arenas - my birthday bash next August could use a band!). They should restrict shows to locals so that the shows don't get bought out by the global elite (most of us would like a fair chance of getting to a show without selling the house or whoring the missus!)

The real question is: What would last longer, a reunion tour or a new record? If Led Zeppelin played a reunion tour, little would separate them from the seemingly endless horde of dieing rock bands, playing old tunes and cashing big checks, in the eyes of the masses and the media. Alas Zeppelin is much more then the music box that so many want them to be, the three original members have remained unquestionably musically active, especially in the case of Robert Plant, the member who is said to be the most opposed to a tour. The musicians' creative juices are far from dried up, the men on that stage in the O2 where the ones who produced all of that amazing music; who is to say that they couldn't write new music today. They wouldn't have to be Led Zeppelin, in fact, they shouldn't be Led Zeppelin. The times have changed and so have the artists, the messages in the music would be far different from the ones that the youthful, rocking, & god-like icons shared with the world before Robert's collision in 1975, the shocking and depressing death of Robert's son, Karac in 1977, and the tragic loss of John Bonham in 1980. I am not opposed to the band going on tour but I don't support it either. A tour would only touch so many people, the demand out ways the supply the same as ever but that demand is there because of how the world was touched by the music of Led Zeppelin, through the Records and the radio they were able to reach out to everyone; that is what they could do with new music, provoking and awakening in it's own right, for what it is as a composition, not just because of a nostalgic image and sound. This was my justification for not voting on the above poll.

• 2 weeks later...

I want them to tour more than you'll ever know. I was totally born in the wrong era. I know it won't be the same as it must have been back in the 70s when they were at their peak, but I'll take any scrap I can get!

I doubt they'll come anywhere near Idaho, though. If they went to Seattle, it would be high time for a road trip, though.

They probably won't do a world tour but something along the lines of what Cream did in '05 would be nice.

Ya Led Zep shouid come to either the Staples center but I think they would enjoy playing at the Hollywood Bowl.I went there one time it is more private and your closer to the band there.

I'm caught in a trap of mind, I mean, imagine how many concerts they would have to do across america! cuz they definately cant do just one. the tour alone would probly kill them. but then nothing would make the lives of their fans more complete than just to see them perform! Oh God give them the strentgh!!!

Why do the US fans feel that they deserve a tour? Are you all better than any other Zeppelin fans in the world?

What's with all the US bashing on the internet? Sure we have an ass for a boss but if yungins would take the time to break out a history book you would understand if not for the good ole USA most of us would be speaking German or Jappanese, :watchingyou: turds!

98,500 tix refunded 3 days before show date, this is where they left off

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/d...frontpage_a.jpg

What's with all the US bashing on the internet? Sure we have an ass for a boss but if yungins would take the time to break out a history book you would understand if not for the good ole USA most of us would be speaking German or Jappanese, :watchingyou: turds!

98,500 tix refunded 3 days before show date, this is where they left off

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/d...frontpage_a.jpg

Dumbest. Argument. Ever.

That has nothing to do with spoiled, entitled fans in the United States thinking that Zeppelin owes US a tour, as opposed to other countries they've never been to. Led Zeppelin owes people nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Archived