A little more from JP

FullyLedded

"a couple of sort of sketches," titled "Embryo No. 1" and "Embryo No.2" that the Led Zeppelin founder says represent the first step for some new music in the not-too-distant future.

Page says the two pieces remain in a, well, embryonic state, but he acknowledges that he's "played them with other musicians relatively recently, in the last year or so" and that he envisions getting into the studio soon to continue working on those and other new songs.

There's a lot of groundwork that's been going into that so that I can be getting on with things next year. I really intend to be doing some playing and...be seen, if you like.

That's where he's at with things? Looks like we have quite the wait ahead of us. :(

"a couple of sort of sketches," titled "Embryo No. 1" and "Embryo No.2" that the Led Zeppelin founder says represent the first step for some new music in the not-too-distant future.

Page says the two pieces remain in a, well, embryonic state, but he acknowledges that he's "played them with other musicians relatively recently, in the last year or so" and that he envisions getting into the studio soon to continue working on those and other new songs.

There's a lot of groundwork that's been going into that so that I can be getting on with things next year. I really intend to be doing some playing and...be seen, if you like.

That's where he's at with things? Looks like we have quite the wait ahead of us. :(

Well, he did say he would go back to work in Decemeber.

And I find it interesting that he always use "projects", plural. Makes me wonder, hmm...

Well, he did say he would go back to work in Decemeber.

And I find it interesting that he always use "projects", plural. Makes me wonder, hmm...

....high hopes, I guess, but quite possibly, Pete Townsend/Teenage Cancer Trust is March next year ..perhaps work in December, will lead to songs for that event...I don't think he has said no so far........

....high hopes, I guess, but quite possibly, Pete Townsend/Teenage Cancer Trust is March next year ..perhaps work in December, will lead to songs for that event...I don't think he has said no so far........

He didn't make any promise to Roger Daltrey, did he? And I think if he will perform there, it will probably be a jam like he did with Jonesy and the Foo Fighters. Thus I don't think it as a "project".

Actually I don't want to think about it too much now, it seems we will have to wait til next year, no matter what will come. But still good to know he is doing something.

Don't know if this is "news" per se...I mean, it was known that Page played some new music(to call them "songs" is not quite accurate...frameworks for songs maybe) in the film when it premiered last year in Toronta and even discussed here I believe.

The problem is these types of stories have been bandied about for a couple of years now...ever since the news about the O2 reunion was announced.

I think it instructive to note that in just a short time since the White Stripes went on hiatus, Jack White has put together not just one, but TWO bands and released albums of material from each band; The Racantours and Dead Weather.

Maybe Jimmy should get together with some young turks with fire in their belly...maybe that will give him the kick needed to get him going. Better that than getting together with the same old boring farts I see people list on this board: Paul Rodgers, Steve Tyler, and the like.

He didn't make any promise to Roger Daltrey, did he? And I think if he will perform there, it will probably be a jam like he did with Jonesy and the Foo Fighters. Thus I don't think it as a "project".

Actually I don't want to think about it too much now, it seems we will have to wait til next year, no matter what will come. But still good to know he is doing something.

some of -jimmy page's best playing was 88 and 98, thought out tours. he played that song with -michael lee for -live net, which should have led to an instrumental album imo. but i dont see any big live debuts with page these days.

Jack White was asked if he might have Jimmy play with one of his bands, and Jack said Jimmy needed to practice more, which I toook to mean he was implying that Jimmy wasn't quite in road-ready shape.

Glicine...No promises...I just quoted this from Ross's original comments from his Diary a while ago...

My thinking is that Page may possibly have an "opportunity" to at least introduce some music, Instrumental, etc......

You are right, there is definitely a waiting period now...Oh well, I am happy that he is healthy and likewise, small it may be, fans like us remain hopeful...I do believe Page will for sure play at least once, if not more, at certain events...."Big Project" I shall add that to my mystery file (much like the Silverdome footage/Zep live in Las Vegas) actually Original to Steve A. Jones, cc: to myself :D

Cheers to all....

Jack White was asked if he might have Jimmy play with one of his bands, and Jack said Jimmy needed to practice more, which I toook to mean he was implying that Jimmy wasn't quite in road-ready shape.

Jimmy was asked too, if he would like to play with Jack's band. And he said "they don't need me there". <_<

A musician has to do what he wants to, when he wants to - and if he wants to. That goes for Jimmy Page like any other musician, and he certainly doesn't owe us anything at all. All I can say is that it has been a really long time now since he released new music...and that I hope he feels the need to do it. But December isn't very far in the future, is it? It seems he was hoping to work on these ideas with Jonesy, Plant and Jason as Led Zeppelin, but that didn't work out. He is promoting IMGL these days, and if he wants to make recordings he may also have to wait for whoever is going to work with him. But I hope he does it. :)

Wow. That was blunt, bordering on rude. Was he kidding? Usually he's such a gent. He should have wailed, a la Wayne's World, "We're not worthy!"

Wow. That was blunt, bordering on rude. Was he kidding? Usually he's such a gent. He should have wailed, a la Wayne's World, "We're not worthy!"

Take it easy, Jack meant it as a joke. ;)

And it's obvious that Mr. Page had no desire to play with them as well.

I took it as a joke, certainly, but I didn't actually hear him say it. It's well-known how much he admires Jimmy, after all.

Might be worth pointing out, though, that the piece Jack was working on in IMGL was available for download day before yesterday. Jimmy . . . ?

Maybe Jimmy should get together with some young turks with fire in their belly...maybe that will give him the kick needed to get him going. Better that than getting together with the same old boring farts I see people list on this board: Paul Rodgers, Steve Tyler, and the like.

Well, to be honest, I agree, for one thing because it just seems more likely to spark off something new and really exciting. It's just that Jimmy has to feel that it's what HE wants to do.

I took it as a joke, certainly, but I didn't actually hear him say it. It's well-known how much he admires Jimmy, after all.

Might be worth pointing out, though, that the piece Jack was working on in IMGL was available for download day before yesterday. Jimmy . . . ?

Will be coming out with his "new projects".

Yes, I am sure Jack was joking...but the context of the remarks wasn't about Jimmy playing at Dead Weather's recent June gig at the Roxy before the LA Film Fest screening of "It Might Get Loud". I know Jimmy politely declined the offer to join them on stage.

Here's the text of the remarks made at the LA Film Fest press conference:

When asked if the experience of performing together in a session for the movie will result in Page, White or The Edge appearing on each other’s solo albums, the conversation turned less serious.

“I think Jimmy needs to practice a little more,” said White.

“Well, there, you’ve gone and said it!” said Page.

“I’m feeling uncomfortable,” said Loud director Davis Guggenheim.

Here was the NME's take on it as posted on their website June 19:

White, who is currently involved in three bands -- The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather -- is also rumoured to be working on a solo album. When asked if Page might make a guest appearance on the album, White quipped, "Jimmy needs to practice a little more first"

White, who is currently involved in three bands -- The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather -- is also rumoured to be working on a solo album. When asked if Page might make a guest appearance on the album, White quipped, "Jimmy needs to practice a little more first"

jackie, I have the seven nations army, please shut the fuck off.

Archived